It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:45 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 am 

Couldnt believe my ears this morning. I listen for about 12 minutes every morning.

Guillens were really bad. Not even fun bad.

Although one of them, I think Oney, (they all sound alike...the Guillen kids) said "If you dont get LeBron, you Failed"

I know thats kind of obvious, but ya gotta think Jerry is thinking about removing him from "the family"

Pete Myers and Greg Walker will be waiting for him outside a club one night in ski masks.

Also, Mully, like I said I listen for about 12 minutes in the morning. Ive heard you mention Allen Iverson like 15 times. Either think of a new reference or admit you dont follow the League.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 am 

Bullshit radio this morning. I PTFB. Couldn't stand listening to their raspy heavy accented voices.

Who makes these fill in decisions? I listened to Mike & Mike & WLS radio this morning.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
Yes. Yes they are.

I had the Score on last night while listening to Jason Goff. When my alarm went off this morning, I heard Adrian Wojnarowski (sp) talking to Mulligan about the goings on in the NBA, and I didn't recognize the other voice. When I heard Mulligan say the Guillen boys were cohosting, I set a land speed record for PTFB. My legs spun like an old time cartoon running away from a bad guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Also, Mully, like I said I listen for about 12 minutes in the morning. Ive heard you mention Allen Iverson like 15 times. Either think of a new reference or admit you dont follow the League.

Wow. I missed that. i have it on at work but didn't hear that. but you're right he mentions Iverson constantly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
The only possible reason for these 2 goofs being on my radio is that Ozzie has it in his contract that his Sons get a radio show on the Sox flagship station. If not, then Mitch is even worse at his job than I thought he was.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Bad, bad, bad, bad...

They forced me over to Mike & Mike. That's Mike North bad. I was only able to listen for about 3 mins, that was enough time for me to realize that I wasn't going to be able to handle Mully's yelling and lack of hoops knowledge couple with the Guillen boys inability to take turns speaking. Failed experiment this morning, SCR.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
My morning commute from Woodridge to Orland Park is usually a calming 30-35 min experience with the equally vanilla Mully/Hanley (ON LINE....oooon liiiine)....today my radio punched me in the face. During one of the biggest NBA "situations" in history, all the LeBron, Wade etc etc "stuff" going on at light speed....you pair one guy (Mully) who knows ZERO about anything other than football (and more specifically the Bears) with two utter clowns with no radio experience and ZERO sports knowledge at all and are best known for embarrasing their father and the organization he works for.

The interview with the writer from New York was embarrasing. The guy obviously knew what he was talking about and the 3 clowns on the other side were stammering, repeating and talking over eachother and the New York guy for the ENTIRE interview.

Bad, Bad, Bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Norridge, IL
I got forced over to Mike and Mike as well, this was a trainwreck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:41 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:35 am 

jemadden wrote:

I would just want to know who thought that this would be a good idea and for what reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
SomeGuy wrote:
jemadden wrote:

I would just want to know who thought that this would be a good idea and for what reasons.

brand synergy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mully and Hanley themselves aren't real good, so I don't expect much from the subs. I only listen to them because they talk local sports.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Wow.....putting the Guillen boys on a morning drive show on the 3rd largest market in the country. That's epically bad. Since I did not hear the show I will not comment but I personally would rather drive into work listening to Score Values.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:43 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Wow.....putting the Guillen boys on a morning drive show on the 3rd largest market in the country. That's epically bad. Since I did not hear the show I will not comment but I personally would rather drive into work listening to Score Values.

1.) That never has stopped anyone, don't let it stop you.

2.)It was as bad and unprofessional as one could imagine. Neither of 3 three have a very average to high sports IQ or any depth of knowledge aside from the Bears in Mully's case. Hearing them try to talk about baseketball and the FA Madness was really bad. It was like 3 amatuers had a run of the place.

Like Frank said, this Mully/Hanley show isn't really all the good when they are together...and it was really bad with the Ozzie's Devil Spawns in there. Maybe I'm being overly dramatic (not that it has stopped my before) but think of Scottie Pippen announcing Bulls games type bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
I heard Adrian Wojnarowski (sp) talking to Mulligan about the goings on in the NBA

I don't know if it was during this interview or a different one, but Mulligan started out asking one question but qualified it and over-explained it about three different times and I think wound up asking a different question entirely.

For someone who has a job as a talk-show host in a major market, Mulligan has an exceedingly difficult time expressing himself verbally. He either gets lost in his thoughts, goes off on tangents, or his speech is filled with interjections like "um" and "uh." If *I* find it hard to listen to, I can't imagine how the average person feels. He almost makes Boers sound like a lucid speaker capable of making a point.

The Guillens were, as everyone else said, brutal.

That Mully and Hanley are getting (significantly?) higher ratings that North speaks volumes about how horrible North was.