It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: J Peppers interview
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mully and Hanley had a taped interview with Peppers and while the sound quality was fine, every 4 seconds or so it had a static break. Like it was done on a tape recorder and the tape was bad. The interview may actually have been good but the annoyance of this static bump every other thought was amazingly annoying.

Now if this was a 20 second sound bite, OK, but this was like a 10 min intervie wtih ** static **** every single time they asked a question and he answered.

So annoying I turned off the radio.

Post subject: Re: J Peppers interview
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thought the same thing, bigfan. Terribly annoying.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
It drove me fucking crazy...why even share it? I PTFB...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's on 670thescore.com right now, dead air, static & all...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:43 pm 

Going to say Bartosch and others playing it in updates to rub it in to Dustin and Rock or whoever decided "hey yeah, this sounds OK, let's go with it"

That was on the level of that commercial for the medication if you hear ringing sounds all day? that was amazingly bad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
OMG Bigfan I'm so glad you heard that! I heard it too and they kept playing the cut anyway so I thought it was my radio. Then I thought I was losing it because no way would a top market radio show play something that amatuerish. It was a bad high school production, they insulted the listeners by playing those cuts! The score should be ashamed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:54 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
bigfan wrote:
Mully and Hanley had a taped interview with Peppers and while the sound quality was fine, every 4 seconds or so it had a static break. Like it was done on a tape recorder and the tape was bad. The interview may actually have been good but the annoyance of this static bump every other thought was amazingly annoying.

Now if this was a 20 second sound bite, OK, but this was like a 10 min intervie wtih ** static **** every single time they asked a question and he answered.

So annoying I turned off the radio.

If you've ever heard Peppers interviewed you would prefer the static.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: MackeyLand Pie Shop
This audio embarassment was a great example, along with them playing the stupid Urlacher interview 39 times on-air, of this station (and it's shows) being used to getting no guests and desperately clinging to any audio they get with a relevant person in sports.

In other news, these two dopes continue to scream over eachother like they were just thrown together as a duo yesterday. Can't one of them say goodbye to a guest, why do they both need to scream BYE HAVE A GOOD ONE THANKS AGAIN at the same time? Maybe Michael North knows?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
SnarkyHater wrote:
In other news, these two dopes continue to scream over eachother like they were just thrown together as a duo yesterday. Can't one of them say goodbye to a guest, why do they both need to scream BYE HAVE A GOOD ONE THANKS AGAIN at the same time? Maybe Michael North knows?

Hanley also often talks over Mully when he's trying to go to break.

I still like the show, despite it's blandness, and Hanley trying to match his 'young sportswriters' partner Terry Boers in stammering. Maybe I'm just part of the few and proud that is the Mully ALS.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:59 am 

SnarkyHater wrote:
This audio embarassment was a great example, along with them playing the stupid Urlacher interview 39 times on-air, of this station (and it's shows) being used to getting no guests and desperately clinging to any audio they get with a relevant person in sports.

Snark, I will agree with you on the Urlacher interview. Holmes is really so full of himself with comments like "Brian and I usually do something before the season starts" as if it is circled on Urlachers schedule, "VIP Interview with Lawrence Holmes".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
bigfan wrote:
SnarkyHater wrote:

Snark, I will agree with you on the Urlacher interview. Holmes is really so full of himself with comments like "Brian and I usually do something before the season starts" as if it is circled on Urlachers schedule, "VIP Interview with Lawrence Holmes".

Hey now, he made Deadspin for that effort.