It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Forward Unto Dawn Mess Hall
Finally recovering...the second wind I got after breakfast didn't last very long...luckily loud music and caffiene kept me awake long enough for the drive home...nine hours later, now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fall back asleep for work tomorrow.

Thanks again to Darkside and DW for hosting the gathering...good food, good music, and the fireworks...man that was amazing.

Kudos to Darkside, Doug, Frank and Mikey for a kick ass set. I've listened to a few of the tracks online before, but there's nothing like hearing a set live...just the music alone would have made the drive worth it.

Yes, I hit Panther square upside the head with a bag...by far my best toss of the night... :lol: ...and yes, that picture Hoffy posted is spot on... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...but yeah, good people

Thanks to sjboyd for playing a game of Goldeneye with me...felt like I was back in high school for a minute there...

Chatting with Donspiracy was a fucking riot...can't remember the last time I laughed that hard...

Chris in Joliet..."there is no talking to you right now"... :lol: ...and yes, those brownies are as good as advertised...

Was good to finally talk to Doug without having a headseat on...also, that salsa was amazing...

Everyone else I met there...Frank, Hoffy, RNM, T Bone, tmurf, RPB, Bagels, Douchebag...hope I'm not forgettign anyone...you were all fucking awesome...

In all sincerity, if any of you ever have the misfortune of finding yourselves in eastern Iowa and you need a place to crash or just want to chill, the door is open. You are all good people and I'm lucky to consider you all friends.

Now excuse me while I try to figure out what I'm going to do with all of the fucking potatoes... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
As a relative CSFMB newcomer, I was going to post to Darko that my wife and I would be attending to meet and greet and see just what some of you talentless fucks look like. Then Thursday night rolled around and I had a dream in which I was that deformed hunchbacked dude from " 300" and as I was arriving at Darkside Estates, Darko himself stopped me at the door and asked what I was doing there. I explained to him who I was and that I always wanted to attend an event or 2, to feel like I belonged in such esteemed company. Darko then brought out a laptop and made me log in to look at my entire posting history. After sorting through the 170 posts or so, he gave a sad smile and said that while he admired my effort and determination, he was afraid that if he let me in I wouldnt be able to defend myself properly, which in turn makes the collective weaker. He said was welcome to return to the outside and keep his laptop to study other members posts to get an idea of what truly makes up a worthy CSMFB member. I swear to christ if I couldve found a fucking back way into Darko's house, I would have led the Lakemoor cops there to bust it up in a heartbeat. After awakening, I obviously got the hint that someone somewhere was trying to tell me something and decided to trust this warning and stay home. I'll be enrolling in a creative writing course henceforth and soon hope to be able to attend a gathering with no fear of not belonging, until then, those of us about to die salute you Darko!! :salut:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
:scratch: :lol: :lol:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Alright, now that I have gotten a full night's sleep, I can coherently post my thoughts again

First, a big thanks to Darko and DW for hosting this thing; good times were had by all. It was good to meet T-Bone, CIJ, LipidSlice (and he kicked my ass in Goldeneye), and even Panther. It was good to see Frank, Doug, Donspiricy, Hoffy, and RNM again. The band was good stuff, the food was good, the fireworks kicked ass, and Darko's neighbor is definately the crazy "HEY YOU KIDS!!! GET OFF MY LAWN" type of lady (she roped her property line off for fuck's sake). If I forgot anyone, it's due to my mental block, and the fact that I am still only half awake.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Langel's
Shit, wish I could've gone. :(

Panther Pants!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good call!!!

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: I don't know. The phone girl took my order, so how am I supposed to remember?
I was trying to find the damn place so I stopped off at Wrigley to ask Lou how to get there. Turns out he was in St. Louis or something.

I thought I'd be able to find the damn place myself. I was asking this one person who was telling me north and the other person I asked pointed me south. I don't have time for silly games anymore with massage board people. I don't even know what the hell they do or why they're doing it!!! :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 am 

Had a great time at the party. Big ups to DS and DW for being great hosts. Mrs. DB and I wish we could have stuck around longer, but we were just exhausted from both parties and lack of sleep the previous night.

It was nice meeting Panther, Lipid, Tmurf, SJBoyd, and JBills.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:43 pm 

Good to meet everyone and thanks to DS and DW for everything. Fireworks were not overhyped as I expected. Very impressive. I think I was the only one that had the hong kong chicken stuff DS was hyping. Only because it was the first thing I saw when I stumbled my drunk ass into the fest. Chris that bottle cap was hilarious. Couldn't be mad, just impressed. I'll see whoever is making the trip to the show this Saturday. I was surprised to see nobody giving Panther more shit than I thought they would. I should have let DS's neighbor come out and greet him though. :wink:

Good times, thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:44 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's even better, casting director Panthro Pants....la

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:44 pm 

So who was pegging me with corn chips from the deck as I sat by the firepit?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:46 pm 

Darkside wrote:
So who was pegging me with corn chips from the deck as I sat by the firepit?

Stu must've been there. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:50 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Had a great time at the party. Big ups to DS and DW for being great hosts. Mrs. DB and I wish we could have stuck around longer, but we were just exhausted from both parties and lack of sleep the previous night.

It was nice meeting Panther, Lipid, Tmurf, SJBoyd, and JBills.

BTW, so nice of you to fly in from LA to be with us Saturday

Yes, my friends, Douchebag is indeed The Human Torch.

He's not good looking enough.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:56 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
tmurf423 wrote:
I was surprised to see nobody giving Panther more shit than I thought they would.

Oh, there was enough.

All of us up on the deck got some good SkiniMax Entertainment Value from the mad public face-slurping sesh you had with your girl in the middle of DS's lawn as well! :wink:

Take notes there creeper. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:01 pm 

of course there is a pic.....but you can't see anything, or at least I can't

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:34 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:

Hey look, it's CIJ's tripod!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
Yeah, them was some good ass times at Darkside Estates.

Left Joliet at 10am. Get to Darkos at noon, he's says, "sorry brother, I haven't picked up the keg yet." Lucky for us I brought a case of Golden's Finest. 8) Ditch the horseshoes game after picking up the keg+ice from the liquor store. Yes, for the record, Darkside and I drank for 19 hours. ...and I'm still Donny Blaze, ain't a damn thing changed...As for the roll call, in order of appearance(allegedly)... DW, Doug, Lipid, Frank and his girl, sjboyd, Hoffy, RNmommy, Tora, Joey Panthers and wife, RPBryan, Bagels, tmurf and girl, Mrs. Douchebag and her husband, and that bad guy from that bad place, one Chris_In_Joliet. Kudos to Mrs. CIJ for the chocolate chip cheesecake brownies.

Plenty of laughs and drinks all around. Darksides crazy neighbor made an appearance too. Got skunked during my bags game, but seeing direct harm come to Joey Panthers was worth it. He was so eager to finish my team off that he stepped in the path of one Lipids laser guided bags. I honestly can't tell you if the band played before or after the fireworks show. The music was awful, but the fireworks show kicked serious ass, and may or may not have made me concussed. There was great food all day and thanks to those who brought it.

So yeah, me , Darkside, Lipid, and sjboyd stayed up all night. The last two guys had to sober up enough to drive and me and Darko had to find our sunglasses again. That may have been a sign, but I only stopped since I had a long day ahead Sunday. Darko had to program the alarm on my blackberry(not a euphemism). Slept maybe 3 hours-ish and got up at 1030 to hit the 2 hour drive back to Joliet.

Got home long enough to freshen up, and head out to a gig at 3pm to scout a new drummer for bass chicks band in willow springs. We drank beers outside at this biker bar c.c. somethings. The drummer kicked ass and we had a great time meeting all their peeps. They played Pink Floyd the whole first set. It was just what I needed. Stay at there until 7pm and get dinner with her back near her place. Rock and fucking roll. Thankfully the sun went down again.

Spent a neat time with a very neat girl for the duration of the evening. Busted my 8 month slump and made it back home at around 2am early mon. morning. It was a great weekend and good to see all the board peeps again and my girl is even willing to meet you cretins. Can't wait until next weekend to see that awful band, some other guys less awful, and some of you that are bad guys. Gallery Caberet is much harder to come up with a reason not to show up at the place, than opposed to mchenry county. Get with it people!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Dont be a hater Panther. You cant pull of the sunglasses I was wearing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
donspiracy wrote:

Left Joliet at 10am. Get to Darkos at noon, he's says, "sorry brother, I haven't picked up the keg yet." Lucky for us I brought a case of Golden's Finest. 8) Ditch the horseshoes game after picking up the keg+ice from the liquor store. Yes, for the record, Darkside and I drank for 19 hours. ...and I'm still Donny Blaze, ain't a damn thing changed...As for the roll call, in order of appearance(allegedly)... DW, Doug, Lipid, Frank and his girl, sjboyd, Hoffy, RNmommy, Tora, Joey Panthers and wife, RPBryan, Bagels, tmurf and girl, Mrs. Douchebag and her husband, and that bad guy from that bad place, one Chris_In_Joliet. Kudos to Mrs. CIJ for the chocolate chip cheesecake brownies.

Plenty of laughs and drinks all around. Darksides crazy neighbor made an appearance too. Got skunked during my bags game, but seeing direct harm come to Joey Panthers was worth it. He was so eager to finish my team off that he stepped in the path of one Lipids laser guided bags. I honestly can't tell you if the band played before or after the fireworks show. The music was awful, but the fireworks show kicked serious ass, and may or may not have made me concussed. There was great food all day and thanks to those who brought it.

So yeah, me , Darkside, Lipid, and sjboyd stayed up all night. The last two guys had to sober up enough to drive and me and Darko had to find our sunglasses again. That may have been a sign, but I only stopped since I had a long day ahead Sunday. Darko had to program the alarm on my blackberry(not a euphemism). Slept maybe 3 hours-ish and got up at 1030 to hit the 2 hour drive back to Joliet.

Got home long enough to freshen up, and head out to a gig at 3pm to scout a new drummer for bass chicks band in willow springs. We drank beers outside at this biker bar c.c. somethings. The drummer kicked ass and we had a great time meeting all their peeps. They played Pink Floyd the whole first set. It was just what I needed. Stay at there until 7pm and get dinner with her back near her place. Rock and fucking roll. Thankfully the sun went down again.

Spent a neat time with a very neat girl for the duration of the evening. Busted my 8 month slump and made it back home at around 2am early mon. morning. It was a great weekend and good to see all the board peeps again and my girl is even willing to meet you cretins. Can't wait until next weekend to see that awful band, some other guys less awful, and some of you that are bad guys. Gallery Caberet is much harder to come up with a reason not to show up at the place, than opposed to mchenry county. Get with it people!

Jesus, you need to start drafting your memoirs now ... I want the first copy. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:40 pm 

Nope those were expensive sunglasses I bought overseas in St Thomas. for like $10 but whatever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:33 pm 

donspiracy wrote:

Band was before and Darko pulled the acoustic out after everyone else passed out. We managed to butcher Mother and Wish You Were Here and then it was back to taking turns bashing Mike North.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:45 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
then it was back to taking turns bashing Mike North.

...and practically every album I've liked in the last ten years... :( :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 pm 

Home5licE wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
then it was back to taking turns bashing Mike North.

...and practically every album I've liked in the last ten years... :( :lol:

Oh shit, that did happen. Don also smoked all but 4 of my cigarettes. I wound up stopping at a gas station on the way home for gatorade and smokes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Panther pislA wrote:
Lotta joking around here, but here's hoping any open beefs I may have or may not have had or known about with any of you cretins is hereby squashed. :thumright: :geek:

:lol:
I wonder how they really felt about you

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 pm 

Panther pislA wrote:
Lotta joking around here, but here's hoping any open beefs I may have or may not have had or known about with any of you cretins is hereby squashed. :thumright: :geek:

I had no beef with you Panther, but I did laugh my ass off when you got the Lipid fastball. But I would've laughed at anyone that took that shot, so nothing personal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 pm 

Panther is alright with me...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:10 pm 

Jesus Panther do you need a hug? Your supposed to get sappy at the party when your drinking(like I did). Not two days later. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:11 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Jesus Panther do you need a hug? Your supposed to get sappy at the party when your drinking(like I did). Not two days later. :lol:

I don't recall you getting sappy...I recall you getting sleepy and cranky... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:11 pm 

Home5licE wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I don't recall you getting sappy...I recall you getting sleepy and cranky... :lol:

You werent inside when I was making out with Frank! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:32 am 

A picture!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Was that picture taken at Bushwood or down by Smails' boat down at the Yacht Club?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next