It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mulli
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 am 

When is Mulli's contract up? I know they're supposedly the #1 show, but this show is brutal. Mulli stutters non stop, he can't read the ads, and even when talking about the Bears game that he covered, he was forgetting who made what plays.

Post subject: Re: Mulli
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:29 am 

and he's the good one.

Hanley is soooo terrible..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
and he's the good one.

Agreed, I like Mully and he's fine if he doesn't have to 'drive', let alone carry Hanley at times. I really liked the B&B shows that Mully would fill in for Terry.

I can't see them making a shake-up on mornings since they finally got it stabilized after the North fiasco though, right? In my dream radio world, it's Bernstein solo mornings.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The answer? Freddy Huebner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:58 am 

Reared on the Score wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
and he's the good one.

Agreed, I like Mully and he's fine if he doesn't have to 'drive', let alone carry Hanley at times. I really liked the B&B shows that Mully would fill in for Terry.

I can't see them making a shake-up on mornings since they finally got it stabilized after the North fiasco though, right? In my dream radio world, it's Bernstein solo mornings.

Wow...that would be something.

Wake up wtih
Dark, depressing, realistic, analytical mornings!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
rogers park bryan wrote:

Wake up wtih

It is better than getting screamed at thru the radio by Mully every morning. He is just too loud for mornings. Hanley needs to just give up he is a miserable excuse for a radio personality, if he ever teamed team up with LoHo the suicide rate in the Greater Chicago area would skyrocket.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
I don't know where the feeling that Hanley is worse than Mully is coming from. I know you guys saying Mully is better is like saying a Hep A is better than Hep B, but there should be a disclaimer to this thread that reads "Both of these hosts are some of the worst in the Continental United States".

So fucking bad. I can't stand Mully. You want to talk about stammering? Stuttering? Yelling? Bad jokes? Blabbering on and on and not knowing when to stop? Stupid tone of voice? That's Mully in a nutshell. Homeboy can't even do a COMMERCIAL READ right....AND IT'S WRITTEN DOWN FOR HIM!!!!! Jesus, it's like Mitch Rosen brought his kid in for "Bring your kid into work" day. The only reason these two clowns are leading in any category is that ESPN refuses to fight them in that time slot. Period. If ESPN put something not totally national, not totally Disney-fied and not totally lame on....they would destroy these fools.

BAD!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:28 am 

SomeGuy wrote:
I don't know where the feeling that Hanley is worse than Mully is coming from.

Mulli has interesting stories and is occasionally funny.

Hanley is worse than the holocaust and has all the masculiinity of my grandmother who passes away in 06.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
jimmypasta wrote:
The answer? Freddy Huebner

Only if the question is who is the second biggest jagoff in Chicago radio.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 am 

Mulligan is worse but it's close. "MULLI AND HANLEY, CHICAGO SPORTS RADIO 670 THE SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" is beyond nails on a blackboard.

Hopefully they continue to get beat in the mornings and WSCR will find a new show in their slot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:42 pm 

SomeGuy wrote:
I don't know where the feeling that Hanley is worse than Mully is coming from. I know you guys saying Mully is better is like saying a Hep A is better than Hep B, but there should be a disclaimer to this thread that reads "Both of these hosts are some of the worst in the Continental United States".

So fucking bad. I can't stand Mully. You want to talk about stammering? Stuttering? Yelling? Bad jokes? Blabbering on and on and not knowing when to stop? Stupid tone of voice? That's Mully in a nutshell. Homeboy can't even do a COMMERCIAL READ right....AND IT'S WRITTEN DOWN FOR HIM!!!!! Jesus, it's like Mitch Rosen brought his kid in for "Bring your kid into work" day. The only reason these two clowns are leading in any category is that ESPN refuses to fight them in that time slot. Period. If ESPN put something not totally national, not totally Disney-fied and not totally lame on....they would destroy these fools.

BAD!

I agree he's not very smooth on the mic. But I do like Mully's storytelling, think he's got a good sense of humor, and I do believe he at least knows football. I'm not sure Hanley's close to an expert on anything.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:43 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Wake up wtih

Bah, ever listen to Bernstein solo? Besides, mornings make it less conducive for the Bernstein-crusade-of-the-day. Weather/Traffic updates, lots of new news every morning to get the first word on, and I'd imagine way more guests.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
well, they may suck, but its sitll the best morning show the SCORE has ever had.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
rogers park bryan wrote:
and he's the good one.

You are 100% correct. Hanley is a complete putz that offers nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 pm 

BRING BACK MIKE NORTH!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I understand what you are saying, but Mulli is the only guy on that station with real information because he does write for the Sun Times and thus talks to others outside of the station. I give him a load of credit for some of the things he says on the air, because he needs to see these guys face to face a ton as well. Very few would have the balls to do what he does.

Overall I think both stations lack reporting and facts. THus 99% of the all the shows is speculation which you can only do so much. This is why Mac's show is better than most as it is a talk show for guys, that focuses on sports.

Would you rather...........ughhh.....My Wife or Radio...........Come on.................

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
rogers park bryan wrote:
and he's the good one.

Mully's stammering is nothing compared to that displayed by Jason "the best host in Chicago sports talk radio" Goff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:39 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
and he's the good one.

Mully's stammering is nothing compared to that displayed by Jason "the best host in Chicago sports talk radio" Goff.

Yup, 'The Goff' still needs work. Maybe we're all just excited when there's any new blood on the Score, but he is not exactly smooth on the mic either, for all those that rip on the other stammerers on the station.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
bigfan wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but Mulli is the only guy on that station with real information because he does write for the Sun Times and thus talks to others outside of the station. I give him a load of credit for some of the things he says on the air, because he needs to see these guys face to face a ton as well. Very few would have the balls to do what he does.

Overall I think both stations lack reporting and facts. THus 99% of the all the shows is speculation which you can only do so much. This is why Mac's show is better than most as it is a talk show for guys, that focuses on sports.

Would you rather...........ughhh.....My Wife or Radio...........Come on.................

Big Fan, I'll take Silvy and Waddle over Mulli anyday...come on now...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:55 pm 

I like the show, but its not a must listen, for sure during baseball season because Mully cannot leave his Sox love at the door. Its great to be a fan, but someone said once when you have that job, you cant bring your love for the team on the air. I called right before Teahen got hurt and bought up that Teahen was basically a failure at 3rd and if he isnt going to hit 25 home runs a year, he is worthless. Mully refused to answer the question, saying he didn't want to talk about it. I didn't take it personally, but thought it was weak.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Silvy and Mulli, thats a show!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:21 am 

Hanley was fine when he was paired with Danny Mac back in the day. Hanley and Boers would alternate hosting with Danny Mac when the Score first started. Hanley and Boers were good as the Young Sportswriters on Sunday back then too.

Hanley with Mully has no spice. There's no Boers or Danny Mac to wisecrack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:08 pm 

Suppose to be a football guy, but he is the only person saying that if Lovie challenged the Cutler fumble it wouldn't of been overturned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Another Round
SomeGuy wrote:

BAD!

I could not agree more.

Let Mulligan go. Count how many times he says "look" during the show. It will drive you crazy. He can't put a sentence together without saying "look". He sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

peopleselbow wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:

BAD!

I could not agree more.

Let Mulligan go. Count how many times he says "look" during the show. It will drive you crazy. He can't put a sentence together without saying "look". He sucks.

Try counting the number of times Hanley says " In my world", my god he's awful and not too bright.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: Dan's Pizza in Lisle
This morning (why do I listen) Mully: "Does a leopard change its stripes?"

Uh.