It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
beni hanna wrote:
Where do Bell Biv Devoe fit in all of this. Loved me some BBD back in the day :lol: :lol:

Not sure if they fall under gimmick rap or not.

No, BBD was "New Jack Swing" R&B.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
BTW...This cd will come in handy when Im hanging out with a bunch of people who listen to only Rock.

Ill be like..."Chill Wayne Stylie, youre gonna like this shit"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:

What other artists fall under this category so I don't make the same mistake again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
beni hanna wrote:

What other artists fall under this category so I don't make the same mistake again.

boyz II men, ABC, BBD
the east coast family

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
rogers park bryan wrote:
Good Call on 2pac SINI

I dont care for California Love.

Either Cant C me or Changes.

Or...Get crazy and Make Hypnotize the Remix feat Pac and Snoop

/me cracks knuckles

gotta go with can't c me... drop some big L on them while you're at it.

flamboyant --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEQRHCvKf9w

ebonics (this would make a good first track on a comp for white people) --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VjmK7_b9Q

oh shit speaking of hits, L mentions this in ebonics... can't go wrong with mobb deep - shook ones part 2

fuck staying east coast go for some old rakim while you're at it... follow the leader, i know you got soul, let the rhythm hit 'em, eric b for president

i'd drop some pharoahe monch on there, the song desire from the desire LP made madden 07/08/something.... that's a good one. simon says would probably have the most crossover appeal since they heard the beat so much

don't forget about redman. he's the one most people forget about when they talk their top-5, but from ~94-00 he was hands down the greatest punchline rapper there was. he could do all that underground high vocab technical rhyme scheme shit but he aint had to.

redman - can't wait >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWDazyPyjts --- soopaman luva parts 2 and 3 are up there.

i remember cats lovin louis logic's postal >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UnLp5O8qTM

since white people wanna call out black thuggy rappers for being frauds, how about jeru's playin yaself? >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8e76XpXD1o (otherwise come clean comes to mind, but this is for the white people, after all)

(part 1 as there's too many urls)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:26 pm 

Bagels wrote:
boyz II men, ABC, BBD
the east coast family

Never skipped a beat, while coolin on south street...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
yeah white people flock to Pharoahe Monch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:27 pm 

OOOH SHIT. fuck. souls of mischief 93 til infinity... nearly copped the blue vinyl 12" for like $70 once but i mean fuck that... ic opped $70 worth of other dope/r records =D --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mt3vZHDiM8

special ed - i got it made (famous beat) --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGV9G2okC8I

pharcyde - passin me by --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8sPzacvG0

arsonists - the session >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsEcac4jsQY (my favorite inst to rap over ever)

oh fuck i forgot del by this point... he's obviously top5... white people love deltron. i think there's gonna be a deltron 2 he's had people doin facebook and twitter shit tryin'ta build up shit... i recommend mastermind --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jY9S-dcUQ or memory loss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:29 pm 

beni hanna wrote:

Al B. Sure, Guy, some early Jodeci, After-7, Bobby Brown, Johnny Kemp, Troop, BBD, Christopher Williams, Color Me Badd, Wrecks 'N Effect, Hi-Five, Toni Tony Tone, Public Announcement, Babyface...quite a few actually. Most R&B made between 1988 and 1992 would fall under the New Jack Swing category. Teddy Riley produced a lot of it.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:29 pm 

shit, if you want more crossover del did the best ever gorillaz song, clint eastwood. if you're ever at a bar and they dont have hiphop on the jukebox odds are you can find this song --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V_xRb0x9aw&ob=av2e

from that "if you're ever at a bar and the jukebox doesn't have rap" odds are you can find this song too... fatboy slim - that old pair of jeans (lateef the truthspeaker fucking snaps on a song about ex girls) --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV2aGYiznqg

even tho he falls off at hte end, kool keith and automator did a post-doctor-octagon cut for a compilation called i want da mic that is sick as shit --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcDFhkNWKZM

and to end it all off, j-live braggin writes >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nwgBk1OCkg >>> he did the djing and rapping at once when i saw him live circa... 00-01? shit it was awhile back. acrobatik was dope too.

Bagels wrote:
yeah white people flock to Pharoahe Monch

well is this compilation pandering to the white people for what they already know and like or trying to get them a new top-5 mc? i mean shit... if you don't like pharoahe monch you don't like rap, it's that simple. i mean i feel sorry for prince po on this cut -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySmdcta_uSg -- even tho dj shadow sampled the shit out of him for midnight, you can't fuck with monch's verses on this

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:30 pm 

Al B. Sure, Guy, some early Jodeci, After-7, Bobby Brown, Johnny Kemp, Troop, BBD, Christopher Williams, Color Me Badd, Wrecks 'N Effect, Hi-Five, Toni Tony Tone, Public Announcement, Babyface...quite a few actually.

I miss New Jack Swing... :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:33 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Al B. Sure, Guy, some early Jodeci, After-7, Bobby Brown, Johnny Kemp, Troop, BBD, Christopher Williams, Color Me Badd, Wrecks 'N Effect, Hi-Five, Toni Tony Tone, Public Announcement, Babyface...quite a few actually.

I miss New Jack Swing... :(

It definitely harkens back to a much simpler time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Al B. Sure, Guy, some early Jodeci, After-7, Bobby Brown, Johnny Kemp, Troop, BBD, Christopher Williams, Color Me Badd, Wrecks 'N Effect, Hi-Five, Toni Tony Tone, Public Announcement, Babyface...quite a few actually. Most R&B made between 1988 and 1992 would fall under the New Jack Swing category. Teddy Riley produced a lot of it.

Good to know. These I recognize...Bobby Brown, BBD, Christopher Williams, Color Me Badd, Toni Tony Tone, Babyface.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Im sorry, but Ive been to a lot of hip hop shows of all dif kinds and I mainly just see white people. Dont get me wrong, people of all dif colors attend, but it's mainly white people. Idk what that means tho.

Ive seen people like Black Thought from The Roots act extremely annoyed in situations like this.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:43 pm 

We've already handled that, J-Billions.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:48 pm 

JBills wrote:
Im sorry, but Ive been to a lot of hip hop shows of all dif kinds and I mainly just see white people. Dont get me wrong, people of all dif colors attend, but it's mainly white people. Idk what that means tho.

Ive seen people like Black Thought from The Roots act extremely annoyed in situations like this.

JB, you seem like a pretty serious guy. Really, I've noticed that you don't joke on the board very much.

But, the fact that mainly white people attend concerts might speak to socio-economical issues. You know, disposable income and such?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:56 pm 

JBills wrote:
Im sorry, but Ive been to a lot of hip hop shows of all dif kinds and I mainly just see white people.
You don't have to apologize for seeing white people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: *
JBills wrote:

JB, you seem like a pretty serious guy. Really, I've noticed that you don't joke on the board very much.

But, the fact that mainly white people attend concerts might speak to socio-economical issues. You know, disposable income and such?

Yep that would be it. Also jbilas falls into the catagory of white people going to hip hop shows

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:02 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Yep that would be it. Also jbilas falls into the catagory of white people going to hip hop shows

I hope there's no issue with that. Actually it was the first show Ive been to, that wasnt family related, in 3 years (No money).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:07 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:

pfft. like you wouldn't clean up at an atmosphere filled with 17 year old white girls who think they know rap. btw are you part of the free ajents that i see on facebook?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: *
sinicalypse wrote:
pfft. like you wouldn't clean up at an atmosphere filled with 17 year old white girls who think they know rap. btw are you part of the free ajents that i see on facebook?

ok, yeah you're right I would!!

I'm not part of them but I'm boyz with them, they do shows in the neighborhood.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:14 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:

Actually, it was more college aged chicks. Like 19-24. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:15 pm 

And for the most part, very easy to look at.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
JBills wrote:
Im sorry, but Ive been to a lot of hip hop shows of all dif kinds and I mainly just see white people.
You don't have to apologize for seeing white people.

Yes. Yes I do.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
This thread was good.....at first. :(

I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:27 pm 

i remember a couple'a years back takin a metra back from a sox game. as i'm sittin there there's two bearly/legal white girls i end up spittin game with and they're like WE'RE COMIN BACK FROM A RAP SHOW GUESS WHO WE SAW?!@?!?@?

i do the johnny carson routine where i hold the envelope to my temple, completely lost on them, and i say "let me guess.... atmosphere" they're like "OMFG HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW?!@#?!@?" i'm like "10+ year vet in teh game and i gots your brain as a pet... it's no secret"

so they gush about how great atmosphere is and rah rah rah and i'm like "so who opened for him?" they're like "uh, some black dude with dreads"

i'm like "that narrows it down"

they're fumbling through names and they go "abstract rude" and i'm like "ABBY RUDE?! A FREESTYLE HEAVYWEIGHT IS IN TOWN?!@"

fortunately, atmosphere was in town for the IF LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS PAIN THAT SHIT GOLD tour and they had back to back dates headlining the metro so i'm like "fuck. i need to go" they're like "it's sold out... you won't get in. if you can get in find us and we'll give you our numbers" and i'm like, literally, "bitches, i never sold out so i can get into sold out shows"

so i get to teh show and of course it's sold out so i'm doing the metro sidewalk routine and i'm doing my every-20 minutes laps to walk through the alleys and blaze a oney and as i come around from the subway side one time what do i see/smell (seriously he just got off the bus it was a likeminded cause)?

guest list for that shit. fuck the bullshit. i remember bustin on ab like "so whats it like to tour with atmosphere? how many vapid white suburban girls can you handle? and he said "it pays the bills man, it pays the bills"

the show was the show. i repped for ab rude but slug was just a pretensious dickhead. i mean he did atmosphere karaoke before anyone actually rapped their own material and essentially clowned on his own hardcore fans up there. the flier was like "DO YOU WANT TO BE ON STAGE? DO YOU KNOW THE LYRICS TO ATMOSPHERE SONGS?!" fucking wack. i cant be arsed to look it up but i have a picture of slug making a silhouette with lighting looking all dramatic and introspective and its like "damn this dude used to snap... motherfucker fell off"

speaking of the a-team, in the name of fanboyism within 2 months i got some mileage for that vintage a-team shirt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:30 pm 

Im telling you, it was a dif slug altogether last week. If you think he's into meeting dudes at shows, you havent been listening to his music over the years. I overheard one convo last week at the show where some dude was telling his gf, "We gotta get backstage. I want you to meet Slug."

I laughed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:34 pm 

JBills wrote:
Im telling you, it was a dif slug altogether last week. If you think he's into meeting dudes at shows, you havent been listening to his music over the years. I overheard one convo last week at the show where some dude was telling his gf, "We gotta get backstage. I want you to meet Slug."

I laughed.

man i was like that in 2001. there was a weekend where in galesburg IL some cat at quad cities college got the school to pony up 20k for a weekendlong hiphopfestival and since he was a total backpacker the headliners were like SAGE FRANCIS/NON PROPHETS, EYEDEA/ABILITIES, MURS, EDAN, and so on and so forth... there were 3 days worth of shows, basically.

there's only 1 or 2 hotels in galesburg so for the whole wknd it was liek a fucking hotel party with all of the rappers from around the country and all teh fans from around the country.

i remember being at a weird buffet breakfast that i was still drunk and high enough to actually eat, and some fat bitch from ohio was waving around a mesh cap like SEAN WORE THIS HAT!!! SEAN WORE THIS HAT!#$!$@

shrug. to be fair, someone once said "you're an aceyalone jockrider" and i'm just like "you damn right"

Last edited by sinicalypse on Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:36 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
This thread was good.....at first. :(

go text mac's show about how whole lotta love hooked you into rock at age 9 one more time. that will further validate your cred in the rap thread.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:40 pm 

My first show was the 2002 God Loves Ugly Tour stop in Chicago. Rhymesayers was still getting around in a white van at that point. Saw a very raw Brother Ali open for them. Best Atmos show Ive seen. Maybe the best hip hop show Ive seen.

Not that big of a acey fan, but I would give anything to time travel back to that quad cities show. See eyedea before he figured out freestylers cant make albums.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next