It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Jack Brickhouse Toppings
Mr. Hernandez wrote:
JBills wrote:
My brother bought the first couple scribble jam DVD's. Anyone who is even a remote fan of hip hop should find a way to watch those. Eyedea is the best off the top Ive ever heard. EVER. That guy Juice from Chicago was just as good at non-written material, but Eyedea plays with his flow while he's ripping you apart.

Ive heard this story about how Eyedea won a Source Freestyle contest sponsored(?) by Diddy. After Eyedea won (No contest), Diddy offered him a contract on the spot. Supposedly, Eyedea spit in his face. Literally.

JuIce and Rhymefest are both from Chicago and winners of scribble jam. Believe it or not Rhymefest was fuckin nasty back in the day and Juice is on another level with freestyles. Havent heard too many better than him

I have the DVDs. Juice won the first scribble jam, I dont think Rhymefest ever won tho. He made it far, but got robbed by the judges when he took on eminem and his written raps. Rhymefest was great at freestyling, but like so many, he just couldnt put a whole album together. Juice was awesome, but he got sidetracked, and never made anything out of his gift.

"He sounds like a man that was never challenged to be a man."
"He gives a lot of opinions without probably having many life experiences."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
^yes. that was the 1st time I ever heard of Eminem. Best battle i've ever seen but then again I havent seen all the scribble jams or blaze battles. I thought he was gonna get slaughtered but Em is one of the few battle MC's who was able to go on and have a great hip hop career both underground and mainstream. That man is serious buisness

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:41 am 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
^yes. that was the 1st time I ever heard of Eminem. Best battle i've ever seen but then again I havent seen all the scribble jams or blaze battles. I thought he was gonna get slaughtered but Em is one of the few battle MC's who was able to go on and have a great hip hop career both underground and mainstream. That man is serious buisness

You need to check some of those DVDs man. Especially 99 through 2001. Just fun to watch. Eyedea, Slug, Sage Francis, Brother Ali, even that guy Jin makes an appearance.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
Eyedea found dead today by his mother! :shock:

His mom posted this on Facebook
Quote:
It is with great pain and sadness that I tell you my son Mikey (Eyedea) has passed away.
At this time we kindly request your respect and our privacy as we process this devastating loss.
We do, however, welcome your kind words, memories, and positive thoughts. We have created a Paypal account and are accepting donations towards the cost of his services.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:33 pm 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
Eyedea found dead today by his mother! :shock:

His mom posted this on Facebook
Quote:
It is with great pain and sadness that I tell you my son Mikey (Eyedea) has passed away.
At this time we kindly request your respect and our privacy as we process this devastating loss.
We do, however, welcome your kind words, memories, and positive thoughts. We have created a Paypal account and are accepting donations towards the cost of his services.

Yeah man. I heard this a few hours ago.... Im saddened. Like I said before, this dude was hands down the best free style MC to ever breathe life into a mic. He won all sorts of competitions before he was 21.

While his transition to full length albums hit a few rough spots, he had more than a few great tracks to listen to.

Idk what to say. Feels like I lost a friend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:54 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Not sure if this was mentioned as I didn't read the thread real closely
but this is one that came to mind and actually heard the other day.
Not sure if it was on a commercial or what.

The Choice Is Yours -- Black Sheep

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6