It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 11/16 Mac and Goff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Scorehead wrote:
I would estimate that the anti Spiegel guys here outnumber the pro Spiegel guys by about 10 to 1.
Sound like a poll to me.

Nope. Anti Mac and Spiegs possibly, but not anti Spiegel.

In terms of him missing shifts....BFD. If that is what he wants, fine. It may cause some people to not feel as attached to him as a host, but that is hist choice and I don't begrudge him the right to do other things. The Score has caused some of their own problems in not adequately providing who will be on each show. It is a huge pain in the ass to find who is hosting and or filling in each day. That is a Score problem more than a Spiegel problem IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Seacrest wrote:
is it always racism, or can some people be truly ignorant?

Mike North wrote:
Hey, ya know what? Dat's what deez gutter shines do cryin' racism when dere killin' dogs or takin' steroids. Dere's no excuse for dat scumbag behavior. Whenever I'm huggin' a black I get real close an whisper in dere earz an' I tell 'em dey should act more like my heroes, good guyz like Pete Rose an' Joey da Clown. Dat's how I kept Jiggs on da straight an' narrow all dose yearz. I made a mistake gettin' involved wit dat Hernandez guy. You can work wit a black, but deez Hispanics are malicious. An some a dem don't even look Hispanic so ya can't tell if dere gonna try an' rob ya. Hernandez was like dat. Dat's why I'm in favor of a law forcin' dem all to wear sombreros.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Seacrest wrote:
is it always racism, or can some people be truly ignorant?

Yes. It's always racism. Pay closer attention...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:37 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
The spot right before Les might also be good for him...

That means he would miss two shows for every gig. He would miss for the night of the show, and he would miss the day after to "recover" :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
When is Spiegs paper up? He takes a lot of days off and not just from weekdays but weekends as well. I understand taking your allocated days off but I think Spiegs stand out because instead of taking them a week at a time he takes them day by day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Meatpants probably gets paid by the hour. When he's not there its more sawbucks for Mackeyfish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Fuckin A....he is back tomorrow. Tell me the next time he is gone and I will tune back in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Fuckin A....he is back tomorrow. Tell me the next time he is gone and I will tune back in.

No fuckin' problem.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
Meatpants probably gets paid by the hour. When he's not there its more sawbucks for Mackeyfish.

What is Meatpants pulling down...about $50K?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:18 pm 

Lovie needs more fire and passion.... he doesn't answer questions like Bill Belichick

fuck you dummy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Progamming alert:

JASON GOFF TO SIT IN FOR MEATPANTS AGAIN NEXT WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 24.

Last edited by sjboyd0137 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
This has been quite the enjoyable listen. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Progamming alert:

JASON GOFF TO SIT IN FOR MEATPANTS AGAIN NEXT WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 22.

Well, this will be the next time I listen then. I dont know why Mitch thinks that Mac and Meat are a better combo than Mac and Goff. This whole show today has been pretty good radio.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:42 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Progamming alert:

Well, this will be the next time I listen then. I dont know why Mitch thinks that Mac and Meat are a better combo than Mac and Goff. This whole show today has been pretty good radio.

Same here. Maybe he does realize it but will wait for the contract to be up or will wait for a more opportune time to make a switch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I'm kinda torn. I like Goff on this show, but Goff on the DaMaNaaa show means he's not producing B&B. The B&B show is slightly Les Funny when Goff is not behind the board. No disrespect to Baldy or Herb.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm 

Drop In calls into a late night show hosted by Les Funny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:56 pm 

Do you hold someone back because they enhance a show as a bit player? Goff makes the Mac show better in all areas except for his occasional propensity to talk over guest callers. I think you need to let him move on. Baldy will expand his role. B&B will hit a speed bump and then be back to where it has been.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Wait, let's get back to the Vick stuff for a second.

Vick was put in federal prison for intentionally hurting animals. Whatever you think about the Lewis, Little, or Stallworth cases, they are really not that close. Lewis was acquitted, after all. Little killed someone while driving intoxicated, but putting yourself in a bad position to accidentally cause harm is hardly the same thing as intentionally inflicting pain. Same with Stallworth, although Stallworth had it even worse, as there was some indication that the victim was actually trying to commit suicide.

Unless I'm forgetting some people, there hasn't been a huge upswelling of popular support for players that did, you know, kill people. How many people are still in the Rae Carruth fan club? Hell, people hated O.J. even after he was acquitted.

Does that mean Vick shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL? I'm generally against occupational penalties like that for ex-felons, so I'll say no, though note that the NFL didn't really penalize him all that much for the crime. That doesn't mean that I should forget that Vick was (is?) a scummy human being.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Well, obviously 1 NBA player has more value to their team than 1 NHL player does (outside of goalie).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:59 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Do you hold someone back because they enhance a show as a bit player? Goff makes the Mac show better in all areas except for his occasional propensity to talk over guest callers. I think you need to let him move on. Baldy will expand his role. B&B will hit a speed bump and then be back to where it has been.

I agree. I would miss Goff chiming in on B&B, but it is a better situation for him.

And B&B would survive and fuckin' thrive, just like always.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Irish Boy wrote:

Vick was put in federal prison for intentionally hurting animals. Whatever you think about the Lewis, Little, or Stallworth cases, they are really not that close. Lewis was acquitted, after all. Little killed someone while driving intoxicated, but putting yourself in a bad position to accidentally cause harm is hardly the same thing as intentionally inflicting pain. Same with Stallworth, although Stallworth had it even worse, as there was some indication that the victim was actually trying to commit suicide.

Unless I'm forgetting some people, there hasn't been a huge upswelling of popular support for players that did, you know, kill people. How many people are still in the Rae Carruth fan club? Hell, people hated O.J. even after he was acquitted.

Does that mean Vick shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL? I'm generally against occupational penalties like that for ex-felons, so I'll say no, though note that the NFL didn't really penalize him all that much for the crime. That doesn't mean that I should forget that Vick was (is?) a scummy human being.

I dont care about intentional vs unintentional, the bottom line in all of this is that Human life > dog life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

I dont care about intentional vs unintentional, the bottom line in all of this is that Human life > dog life.

Human life > dog life, but a person that purposefully and cruelly takes an animal's life is morally worse than someone who accidentally or negligently takes a human life.

Little and Stallworth made a series of bad decisions before they got behind the wheels of their cars. They did not, at any point, think to themselves "I am going to kill someone." Vick made a decision that he was going to run an operation that would torture and kill dogs on a regular basis. Vick's transgression was morally worse, whatever the result.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:08 pm 

Dan Maaaaneee got revisionist history tickat...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:11 pm 

How many current or former NFL players were sentenced to nearly 2 years in jail and returned to the field? That's the difference. If Jeffrey Dahmer had been released and signed by the Eagles you would have seen an outcry against him unlike you've ever seen in your life.

The problem is that most convicted murderers go away for a really long time or they get away with it and there isn't "proof" that they are a murderer.

Unless I'm mistaken, Vick is the only current player in any major American sport who spent over a year in jail for being convicted of a crime and returned to play. He's lucky that the backlash has been mostly some people saying they don't like him and hoping he fails. Poor Vick. It really sucks to run an organized gambling operation and kill dogs. He'll even get people to defend him by saying "Well, at least he didn't murder anyone". Now that is setting the bar high!

Last edited by Brick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 pm 

Plax will be doing the same next year and I doubt anyone is going to give a shit about him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Wow some serious shots on Meat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:19 pm 

Thank you Mac for ripping on ZZ for trying to paint rosy pictures of Angelo's draft picks. Yesterday during "Idiot Soup" was incredibly painful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Irish Boy wrote:
Human life > dog life, but a person that purposefully and cruelly takes an animal's life is morally worse than someone who accidentally or negligently takes a human life.

Little and Stallworth made a series of bad decisions before they got behind the wheels of their cars. They did not, at any point, think to themselves "I am going to kill someone." Vick made a decision that he was going to run an operation that would torture and kill dogs on a regular basis. Vick's transgression was morally worse, whatever the result.

This. Don't see why its so hard for people to understand why he's still and forever will be hated by the general public. I guess all we can hope for is that Vick is one day run over and killed by Leonard Little or Dante Stallworth. Put a nice cherry on top wouldnt it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Progamming alert:

What year?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
chaspoppcap wrote:
Wow some serious shots on Meat.

I was talking to a customer... can you elaborate?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next