It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
someone came up to Chet to tell him how good he was

Chet will always have time for this type of person.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
spmack wrote:
johnnyfontane wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Are you stretching your eyelids into a slant with your fingers as you do your japanese impersonation?

Mike North liked this.

:lol: @ both dolphin and JF...

I haven't seen you post this in a while so....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhoN3ZNO18

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
good dolphin wrote:
Are you stretching your eyelids into a slant with your fingers as you do your japanese impersonation?

I might have been if I were telling the story in person.

Seriously, this reminds me of an interesting topic. The way newspapers quote people often seems very arbitrary. Sometimes they clean it up into standard English and sometimes they quote directly. I notice they often quote Ozzie Guillen exactly. I would think there wouild be some stylebook standard.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
I remember someone calling up Chet's show on the air and saying how they stood in a buffet line behind him at some event. The caller said that someone came up to Chet to tell him how good he was and Chet turned to engage the person in conversation. The caller said while Chet had his back turned he ate some of the food off his plate and then put it back without Chet knowing.

The moral of the story is that creepy can also be fun.

A buffet line can be an interesting place. I was with a girlfriend in Vegas and we were in line at the buffet in the Bellagio. I was in front of her to start but I switched to another station to get something else. Well, she was so busy picking out fruit that she didn't notice I had left that particular line. She was now behind some guy who weighed like 400 lbs. and had a plate stacked to the ceiling. She glanced up, and thinking it was me, said, "My God! You're a pig!" The fat guy turned around and glared and my girlfriend muttered an apology like, "Sorry, I thought you were my boyfriend". Of course that really couldn't take back what she said.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:40 pm 

Nothing IB did or wrote was creepy and as far as "why should he come here so you guys can talk shit?", Well Mac and others have been able to handle it.

What should IB have said?

"Hi Im Irish Boy from CSFMB! I know you and think youre terrible. I hate rock music and your band is bad anyway"

Or would the non creepy thing be to lie?

Anyways, I cant believe the odds. What like 4 or 5 boarders out of 40000 people were there? and Spiegel sits next to one of em?

BTW, he wasnt taking notes.
He was texting YourMom.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Meat Notes:
"out of hot chocolate"
"to cold to drink wine"

When the hell is it too cold to drink wine? That's just plain-ol' dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:06 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
BTW, he wasnt taking notes.
He was texting YourMom.
I send text messages to myself as reminders sometimes too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Don Tiny wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Meat Notes:
"out of hot chocolate"
"to cold to drink wine"

When the hell is it too cold to drink wine? That's just plain-ol' dumb.

Wine must be served at the proper temperature for Mr. Meat. If its too cold it will not satisfy his palate and in extreme cold the aromatic qualities will all but not exist.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:07 pm 

Irish Boy wrote:
Here's my entire post.

Quote:
I've been more sober before, so forgive misspellings and the like.

Fun time, good experience. The direction thing went off pretty seamlessly, except perhaps only on the Northwestern Pick 6 were everyone had to trudge the other way. About 70% Northwestern fans, which surprised me, but lots of people you could tell have never, ever gone to an NU game before; lots of blank purple shirts, Ravens jerseys, etc.

In a lot of ways, this entire weekend couldn't have gone worse for Northwestern. I know the official line will be that this was a unique experience and they were glad to be a part of it, but this game will be remembered nationally as one of two things: 1.) the game that Northwestern couldn't even measure the damn field, or 2.) the game Mikel LeShoure left shoe prints on their back. This was your moment, but I guess by now, Northwestern fans should be used to losing bowl-type games.

It's pretty clear now that all the "Chicago's Big Ten" team stuff was specifically directed at Illinois and this game. They decked out everything in purple, pretended Illinois didn't exist, didn't allow the Marching Illini to play and exiled them to the corner furthest from the field. I think the final Illinois TD was an FU TD, which I didn't have a problem with.

Also: Illinois beats Northwestern, NIU, and SIU in the same season. That's like Florida beating FSU, Miami, and USF in a season, right? Same concept?

Finally, Spiegel is pretty weird. He was only in his seat for a combined 45 minutes or so. He spent the majority (no hyperbole) of that type typing on his phone. He was two seats away from me, but the seat between us was empty and the seat next to him was empty for most of the game too. He didn't get there until about halfway through the first quarter (and the first quarter was looooong), and he left before the fourth quarter even started. He had no emotion whatsoever for either team during the game.

Oh yeah, I can totally see where a normal person would be totally taken aback, even offended, by such awful things said about them, particularly somewhere as widely-read as this messageboard. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Meat is getting some serious defense by the owner of the board he hates though.

Please provide for me the serious defense?

I have stated Matt is a good guy and most of you would enjoy just hanging out with him, even if he had nothing to do with your favorite radio station Urlacher.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Don Tiny wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:
Here's my entire post.

Quote:
I've been more sober before, so forgive misspellings and the like.

Fun time, good experience. The direction thing went off pretty seamlessly, except perhaps only on the Northwestern Pick 6 were everyone had to trudge the other way. About 70% Northwestern fans, which surprised me, but lots of people you could tell have never, ever gone to an NU game before; lots of blank purple shirts, Ravens jerseys, etc.

In a lot of ways, this entire weekend couldn't have gone worse for Northwestern. I know the official line will be that this was a unique experience and they were glad to be a part of it, but this game will be remembered nationally as one of two things: 1.) the game that Northwestern couldn't even measure the damn field, or 2.) the game Mikel LeShoure left shoe prints on their back. This was your moment, but I guess by now, Northwestern fans should be used to losing bowl-type games.

It's pretty clear now that all the "Chicago's Big Ten" team stuff was specifically directed at Illinois and this game. They decked out everything in purple, pretended Illinois didn't exist, didn't allow the Marching Illini to play and exiled them to the corner furthest from the field. I think the final Illinois TD was an FU TD, which I didn't have a problem with.

Also: Illinois beats Northwestern, NIU, and SIU in the same season. That's like Florida beating FSU, Miami, and USF in a season, right? Same concept?

Finally, Spiegel is pretty weird. He was only in his seat for a combined 45 minutes or so. He spent the majority (no hyperbole) of that type typing on his phone. He was two seats away from me, but the seat between us was empty and the seat next to him was empty for most of the game too. He didn't get there until about halfway through the first quarter (and the first quarter was looooong), and he left before the fourth quarter even started. He had no emotion whatsoever for either team during the game.

Oh yeah, I can totally see where a normal person would be totally taken aback, even offended, by such awful things said about them, particularly somewhere as widely-read as this messageboard. :roll:

I dunno...Mud took it pretty hard and IB wasn't even talking about him...just his team... :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:37 pm 

bigfan wrote:

I have stated Matt is a good guy and most of you would enjoy just hanging out with him, even if he had nothing to do with your favorite radio station Urlacher.

Its not necessarily a blatant defense, but kind of a vibe I am getting. Posting his response to IB's comments from the NU/IL game for him instead of letting him do it himself. I think I also said something about his band actually selling tickets and you came back with , they sell out shows too or something like that. I was half serious on that one too. I figured they just charged a cover. I didn't know they actually printed tickets and went through a ticket agency.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
rogers park bryan wrote:
Nothing IB did or wrote was creepy and as far as "why should he come here so you guys can talk shit?", Well Mac and others have been able to handle it.

The difference is that all of the comments directed at meatpants would be negative(ala Mitch Rosen), there would be nothing worthwhile he could gain here by interacting with the board, so why do it? Quite frankly I don't know why mac does it.

And I stand by my opinion that it was creepy. I would be creeped out if one of you knew who I was and I didn't know you, and you took mental notes of what I did to post them on here. I would feel weird.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:58 pm 

There are alot of guests (lurkers) on this page.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Quote:
The difference is that all of the comments directed at meatpants would be negative(ala Mitch Rosen)

This board has a history of being much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much easier on hosts that post here.
Quote:
Quite frankly I don't know why mac does it.

Because when he started it was 95% "we love you so much Mac, you have the greatest show ever." Plus he brought a bunch of people he actually knows in real life to the board to help insulate him. Once people started challenging him on stuff, Facebook suddenly became the place to be. Funny that.

I don't care whether hosts post here or not. I actually prefer they don't, because a lot of posters tend to hold back on guys that post here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Irish Boy wrote:

I don't care whether hosts post here or not. I actually prefer they don't, because a lot of posters tend to hold back on guys that post here.

I will agree with you there IB. I've always been against STU-Gotz and others saying that Mac posting on this board somehow breathes life here. Big Fan didn't make this place in the hopes that radio stiffs would post here. Now of course, Mac plugging the board back in the MJH days certainly brought a lot of attention, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he (or Goff or Matt) stopped posting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:27 pm 

I'm gonna have to rethink my position on the issue of meatpants not posting anymore after going back and reading this:

meatpants wrote:
Not "worried" about the critics....bring it on. It's what it's all about. It's what makes The Score unique...like Terry ripping me and me standing up to him in transition, or him shitting on Bruce Wolf and then Bruce calling in.

Just letting you know that we hear it, we read it, and then we disregard what's useless. What percentage of it I find useless, well, that's personal discretion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:36 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Of this I have had little doubt; it'd be my pleasure to do so. I'm not one of the troglodytes who piss and moan about him saying "mmmhmm" or have a psychotic fixation regarding his 'work attendance'; those are people looking to treat him like a jerkoff for whatever sorry reason it is they do so.

I'm just left standing confused and bordering on indignant that he would apparently shit his emotional pants over what IB wrote as if it was Dim O'Braincell going after B&B - which I think one could argue is only confusing since I held him with a fairly high level of regard in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Irish Boy wrote:
Because when he started it was 95% "we love you so much Mac, you have the greatest show ever." Plus he brought a bunch of people he actually knows in real life to the board to help insulate him. Once people started challenging him on stuff, Facebook suddenly became the place to be. Funny that.

His show was good back then and a lot of people listened to it. MJH drew its fair share of criticism in 06-08. Most of his friends were members first and I don't think a lot of the challenges were fair or even about the show a lot of the time. Why wouldn't he leave...hell a lot of the regular posters have moved on and found other outlets.

While I have a lot of respect for Mac personally and professionally I don't think think he likes me very much. So don't pull the ALS card on me. Get out of this snit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:33 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
His show was good back then and a lot of people listened to it. MJH drew its fair share of criticism in 06-08.

I blame the hockey talk, both hockey fans as well as krazy ivan-like folk seem to hate it...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Spaulding wrote:
While I have a lot of respect for Mac personally and professionally I don't think think he likes me very much.

He's probably pissed because you sat on Stu's lap rather than his.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:29 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Irish Boy wrote:

His show was good back then and a lot of people listened to it. MJH drew its fair share of criticism in 06-08. Most of his friends were members first and I don't think a lot of the challenges were fair or even about the show a lot of the time. Why wouldn't he leave...hell a lot of the regular posters have moved on and found other outlets.

While I have a lot of respect for Mac personally and professionally I don't think think he likes me very much. So don't pull the ALS card on me. Get out of this snit.

LOL, the guy loves you......

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:39 am 

bigfan wrote:

Its not necessarily a blatant defense, but kind of a vibe I am getting. Posting his response to IB's comments from the NU/IL game for him instead of letting him do it himself. I think I also said something about his band actually selling tickets and you came back with , they sell out shows too or something like that. I was half serious on that one too. I figured they just charged a cover. I didn't know they actually printed tickets and went through a ticket agency.

The vibe is probably because i do like the show and I like the off sports topics as well.

Sure I do try to set things straight when I can, like some guy on here claiming he knows for a fact they sold 32 tickets at a show. When the fact is that he was never there and has since run away from the board since the day I called him out on it.

If you don't like Spiegs or Mac, go ahead, take your best shots, but don't expect me to jump on the Mhmmm train as a reason to dislike the guy. (Mac and Jay did it for you)

I wouldn't dislike a guy for one simple reason, if he is an asshole, like one host is at that station.

Can things be better, sure, but considering the options, I don't think Mrs Waddles Husband holds a candle to Mac and Spiegs. If we are going to talk about the guy making some big $$$$ an not making it his primary gig, Tom Waddle, please step to the forefront. Next time that guy has an opinion please call me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:04 am 

crosscheck wrote:
The difference is that all of the comments directed at meatpants would be negative(ala Mitch Rosen), there would be nothing worthwhile he could gain here by interacting with the board, so why do it? Quite frankly I don't know why mac does it.
My post on the subject of priorities was meant as constructive criticism and not just me being negative. It was responded to by Meatpants sending his girlfriend on here to rip up us for being insensitive because we didn't know that his absence was for a family emergency. I don't care if any radio show host ignores the board completely. What I do care about is when a host decides to pick and choose his battles with the board and intentionally skew what we are saying. It seems like he really wants to believe that we are just jerks here and that none of the criticism is valid. I lost a lot of respect for him when he used Mac's sons trip to the emergency room as a reason to rip on us. I thought that was sad and pathetic. He just doesn't seem to understand that no one was aware that there was a death in the family and his girlfriend didn't have the decency to let us know that was the case and instead started yelling at us because we were saying bad things about her boyfriend. The negative reaction to meatpants has been a direct result of that. It seems like he has a desire to think that we are all just a bunch of meanies who make fun of people who miss work for family emergencies.

I stand by the fact that his tributosaurus gig seems to be his #1 priority(or at least tied with his radio show). That's his choice. I just wonder how long that can last.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:33 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Meat is an obese dullard.

I am offended that any radio station executive in a major city would subject listeners to someone who adds so little.

It is about time that someone at the Score wakes up and sees that the 50 year old frat house theme isn't working.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:08 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't care if any radio show host ignores the board completely. What I do care about is when a host decides to pick and choose his battles with the board and intentionally skew what we are saying.

If there was a CSFMB flag, Rick would be standing in front of it giving this speech

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
crosscheck wrote:
I'm gonna have to rethink my position on the issue of meatpants not posting anymore after going back and reading this:

meatpants wrote:
Not "worried" about the critics....bring it on. It's what it's all about. It's what makes The Score unique...like Terry ripping me and me standing up to him in transition, or him shitting on Bruce Wolf and then Bruce calling in.

Just letting you know that we hear it, we read it, and then we disregard what's useless. What percentage of it I find useless, well, that's personal discretion

hmmm....interesting.
some WYC material there or no?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
crosscheck wrote:
And I stand by my opinion that it was creepy. I would be creeped out if one of you knew who I was and I didn't know you, and you took mental notes of what I did to post them on here. I would feel weird.

I may be mistaken, but I don't remember hearing that you were in a band that is a successful here in Chicago. I also don't remember seeing your picture on a website for sports talk. I have never seen you on TV talking sportz. This guy is out there for public consumption whether he likes it or not. If he doesn't like it, maybe he needs a job or two that is less publicized. I am not suggesting that is my choice for his career path.

I can see how you might get creeped out, but people know who this guy is and he should expect some rather bizarre moments critiquing what he does now and again. It is part of being a media person in the 21st century. I don't think anything IB said was horrible. This should have been a non issue for Spiegs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've always felt it was creepy to introduce yourself using a made-up internet name to begin with, let alone to do it to someone who doesn't post here and might have no idea what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:30 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I've always felt it was creepy to introduce yourself using a made-up internet name to begin with, let alone to do it to someone who doesn't post here and might have no idea what you are talking about.

The one time I went to a board event I introduced myself by my real name with the mention of the moniker in attempt to take away that awkwardness. I don't know if it worked but I did get some free beer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next