It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
immessedup17 wrote:
And as I've said numerous times, and don't take it the wrong way...I believe once people hurt a certain stage in life they refuse to adapt to anything new...and can't stay in touch with how and why society changes.

And this is exactly what RPB is talking about.
Comments like this are why you come off as a greenhorn.
Just an opinion, 'ome.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Darkside wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
But he is sliding down that North / Dahl road without realizing it.

Please elaborate on this, if you will.
I'm not tryin to be giving you shit... actually, it's something that had crossed my mind and I'm curious if we come up with the same reasons.

He thinks he is better than he really is. He has had ALS'ers for years now tell him over and over what a great guy he is. He's gotten lazy.

He thinks that there will always be a market for his schtick. But, like North / Dahl, he has burned a lot of bridges and he is running out of alternatives. His contract is up and guess what....no bidders. Another recession contract.

All that is left is the flameout at the Score and he will be in the radio bullpen with North / Dahl.

If he had a half a brain, he would realize that Meat makes him look bad. I'm sure he thinks that Meat makes him look smart by comparison, but it's not the Mac and Meat show its the Mackeyfish show. If he is worried about cost, which is the only reason I can think of that Meat is still around, he could get a different young, cheap partner.

If Mac wanted to turn it around, He would turn the show around. Create a better product. Show that he could do it to make himself marketable to another station.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:27 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
And as I've said numerous times, and don't take it the wrong way...I believe once people hit a certain stage in life they refuse to adapt to anything new...and can't stay in touch with how and why society changes.

edit: Fixed typos.

If youre referring to me Id have to laugh

Laugh out loud!

Only because of the bi polar accusations I often recieve.

If anything I adapt too much.

Anyways, its all good.

Maybe I was just exceptionally dumb in my young 20's

But there are things in life that you want to do right until life kicks you in the ass a little bit and you figure out its not so simple.

Or something along those lines.

EDIT: Also what have I not adapted to? Have we even disagreed on anything?

The only thing I remember is you saying I was blowing JORR, (Even though you had a friend sign up to defend you in that thread.)

But I dont recall any issues that would lend itself to what you said

Am I forgetting them in my old age?

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
As long as Mac is happy working middays for recession contracts, he should keep Meat.

Some of you might not believe this, but I think nothing would make Mac happier than to bring someone in that becomes the host of their own show. This is really not the North/Dahl road. They crashed and burned while never letting go of the steering wheel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 pm 

bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
As long as Mac is happy working middays for recession contracts, he should keep Meat.

Some of you might not believe this, but I think nothing would make Mac happier than to bring someone in that becomes the host of their own show. This is really not the North/Dahl road. They crashed and burned while never letting go of the steering wheel.

So he could call in from the mancave like Terry? And do absolutely nothing??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:46 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

That is part of it. Terry adds a comedic/old guy element and Bernsie, Jason and Matty plan and run the show.

You got to admit, it's an admirable position to be in. Get paid nice 6 figures, everyone else does the work, you show up at 12:58 and talk until 5:30.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:49 pm 

quote="Gloopan Kuratz"]
bigfan wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

That is part of it. Terry adds a comedic/old guy element and Bernsie, Jason and Matty plan and run the show.

You got to admit, it's an admirable position to be in. Get paid nice 6 figures, everyone else does the work, you show up at 12:58 and talk until 5:30.[/quote]
If you are satisfied with the recession contracts, have at it. But the act is growing old.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:

Please elaborate on this, if you will.
I'm not tryin to be giving you shit... actually, it's something that had crossed my mind and I'm curious if we come up with the same reasons.

just my 2 cents worth, Mac is just plain lazy. He got that way the last few years at MJH because he thought he was a million dollar star, he's not. The laziness has carried over to this clusterfuck show that is the 3rd rated show at the score. He continues to try to impress his followers with his material purchases to show how successful he is, but what it really shows is how shallow he is. Most truly successful people don't name drop brand names when they buy things, but Mac thinks it shows how cool he is. He is North light, the difference is north at least hustles to work even though his work product sucks, he continues to hustle and god only knows he gets jobs whether they pay much or not. I think we all remember Mac's arrogant statement that he wouldn't get out of bed for $350K. Well guess what, he sure is now. He has become nothing more than a self importnat arrogant lazy turd that really doesn't give a shit what he puts out as a show. the act is old, stale and really not entertaining. His music taste, his unfunny parodies, his jokes, his grilling tips- shit nothing has changed for years. Meat is there for two reasons- 1) he's working cheap and 2) he won't challenge Mac.
All in all, he's nothing more than a lazy hillbilly with some money. That is the same spiral Dahl/North fell into and Mac is too far gone to change.

Last edited by Score is doomed on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:00 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
So you are a fan of airing dirty laundry? If he does feel that way why would he make it public? What good would come of that besides giving us something to gossip about?

Isnt that enough?

for you? obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Lazy how? Lazy because he does parodies, talks 70s/80s music, with a hint of BBQ? Would he be less lazy in your eyes if he suddenly talks about 90s music? Or maybe toss the music altogether, and talk x-box games, or mma guys he thinks are beasts?

There's some of this (actually most of this, the things I enumerated above) that fits into definition of a radio persona.

I was thinking for a second, that trolling Facebook for topics might be lazy, but any less so than reading this mornings newspaper? Hitting web sites for odd stories?

Anyway, back to Meatpants. I thing I notice about this crowd is how you like to swarm in on a topic and beat it to death. Some of you don't like Matt, and who am I to tell you you're wrong? There should be a way to make your feeling about Meat known without the attendant "and I want Goff/Loho/Vandy to take his spot."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Quote:
I notice about this crowd is how you like to swarm in on a topic and beat it to death.

:thumleft:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Does the Score podcast work? In which hours can I find all the good bits?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Beebo wrote:
Lazy how? Lazy because he does parodies, talks 70s/80s music, with a hint of BBQ? Would he be less lazy in your eyes if he suddenly talks about 90s music? Or maybe toss the music altogether, and talk x-box games, or mma guys he thinks are beasts?

There's some of this (actually most of this, the things I enumerated above) that fits into definition of a radio persona.

I was thinking for a second, that trolling Facebook for topics might be lazy, but any less so than reading this mornings newspaper? Hitting web sites for odd stories?

Anyway, back to Meatpants. I thing I notice about this crowd is how you like to swarm in on a topic and beat it to death. Some of you don't like Matt, and who am I to tell you you're wrong? There should be a way to make your feeling about Meat known without the attendant "and I want Goff/Loho/Vandy to take his spot."

I'll wait for someone to attempt to fashion a handful of concise, cogent examples of the aforementioned "laziness". I'll probably wait unto time immemorial, but I'll go ahead and wait nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Beebo wrote:

Just because its Beebo, and he deserves another one...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:22 pm 

Beebo wrote:

Ain't no one here wanting Vandy to take his spot...

spaulding spaulding

Ok look ain't no one rational here wanting Vandy to take his spot...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Darkside wrote:
Beebo wrote:

Ain't no one here wanting Vandy to take his spot...

spaulding spaulding

Ok look ain't no one rational here wanting Vandy to take his spot...

Does anyone want to hear shake that in his spot either?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Oh, I wasn't thumbsing up the entire post. The CSMFB is better than none other at beating dead horses so vigorously that the resemblance of life is created.

However, as far as laziness goes, well, leaving a football game because it's cold out... there's a pretty good example. How about not knowing the name of the top player in a sport? Does that work too?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm 

SHAKE THAT already has a timeslot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 pm 

Please do not speak on behalf of 'The Board"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
All I know is when Meat is away Macky seems way more
energized and more intererested in what other co-hosts have
to say (even shake that)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:35 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Who you talkin about? Me? Cause I said no one wants to see Vandy take over?

Does anyone want to see Vandy take over?
:scratch:
Damn. Didn't know you had it in you CSFMB.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
This can only be settled with a vote. Someone create a poll in a section that allows polling.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 pm 

bigfan wrote:

"It seemed to me" the board wanted to like Matt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: *
rogers park bryan wrote:
bigfan wrote:

"It seemed to me" the board wanted to like Matt.

you got punked!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:59 pm 

Id like this thread not deleted

YOU SHUT YOUR PHILTHY WHORISH MOUTH :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 am 

Is Mac calling Spiegel "Carson" a reference to how much time Johnny Carson used to miss on the Tonight Show? Help me old people.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Is Mac calling Spiegel "Carson" a reference to how much time Johnny Carson used to miss on the Tonight Show? Help me old people.
Cant believe that reference is now considered " old" :(

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yes.
:lol:

Definitely.

Heard Mac make that reference many times on MJH and I guy I work with used to say it about my boss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Cant believe that reference is now considered " old" :(
:lol: I was just being a jerk. I remember Carson and Letterman on Late Night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinders
When I heard the first interview where Mac introduced Matt as his host on B&B, I was crestfallen. I didn't have a large body of work to personally reference how Spiegs would be as a co-host, but the possibilities seemed greater when I was considering who Mac might work with upon his return to the Score. I just think he could've done better and after listening to the show regularly, I believe I was correct...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next