It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/sports ... man_1.html

The 12th Man

by Forrest Overin

This has been a miraculous season for the San Diego Chargers.

Finishing the regular season with a franchise best 14-2 record, despite being quarterbacked by a first year starter??? Astounding!

A division championship, a first round playoff bye, and the #1 seed in the AFC tournament? Remarkable!

And although you may not realize it, the fans have played an important role in the Bolts’ amazing run toward what could be the club’s first ever Super Bowl win.

As you’re probably aware, up until THIS season, Qualcomm Stadium was often heavily populated with fans of the Chargers’ opponent. Season ticket holders often sold some of their ducats via auctions or brokers, and those seats ended up being occupied by fans of the Bolts’ RIVALS. Based on crowd noise alone, it was often difficult to tell that the Chargers were playing a HOME game.

But all that changed in 2006. Charger fans held on to their tickets, and if they parted with them, tried to ensure that those seats went to fellow Bolt diehards. Consequently, for the first time in recent memory the Chargers had a significant 12th Man presence, and it made a difference.

Football is a game of emotion and momentum, and the team that has a rabid crowd urging it on and providing encouragement has a distinct advantage. Yes, the 12th Man provides a tangible benefit that can make the difference between winning and losing.

Now… I don’t expect you to take CFX’s word for it, but I assume you WILL accept Luis Castillo’s. Luis took the time to outline how Chargers fans can create a more powerful 12th Man presence, and provide the team with an important edge.

When the Bolts are on offense, it’s important for the fans to keep the noise DOWN while Philip Rivers and Company are in the huddle, and at the line of scrimmage. The fans can play a key role in helping the offense to minimize errors. Yes, there are times at which SILENCE is golden.

“One of the biggest things is allowing the offense to work,â€

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
wow, i guess that is serious. i searched around a little (a very little. i think i lost more brain cells doing that than i will at quigley's tommorow), and it seems like this 'chargers football xtra' is quite similar to scott merkin's 'inside the white sox' blog.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:14 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
If this article was truly necessary, San Diego should lose their franchise. I put in dibs on LT for the BEARloved.