It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: nowhere
I can hook you up

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
there hasn't been a hip hop song of the day since november 8th? what the fuck is going on here?!

given that it's thanksgiving, i wanted to drop a song that has some special thanksgiving flavor... but who the fuck raps about thanksgiving?

that's easy: ras kass: nature of the threat

find out what you're really celebrating when you celebrate thanksgiving. also, find out why you should put a gerbil on your christmas list.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:17 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
there hasn't been a hip hop song of the day since november 8th? what the fuck is going on here?!

given that it's thanksgiving, i wanted to drop a song that has some special thanksgiving flavor... but who the fuck raps about thanksgiving?

that's easy: ras kass: nature of the threat

find out what you're really celebrating when you celebrate thanksgiving. also, find out why you should put a gerbil on your christmas list.

Cairo has abandoned this baby :cry:

If I remember correctly the Nature of the Threat was the Source Hip Hop Quotable. Reason I remember is cuz it was the 1st time I'd seen a whole song as a quotable :lol:

When my CD collection was stolen, Soul On Ice was one of those albums that I could not find anywhere. Accidently came across it on iTunes one day for like $7 :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:01 am 

Represent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:25 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

What does this have to do with the Wu???

Sick track though 8)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:26 am 

Mr. Hernandez wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

What does this have to do with the Wu???

Sick track though 8)

Check the credits on the album you call Wu Tang's Best

Nas Escobar

I mean he's on two different albums...he's in

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 pm 

Keepin it local with Chicago's own Scheme(formerly Rhyme Scheme)
Respect The Art

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 am 

This is by Jurrassic 5. Theyre pretty good. Pretty upbeat, not extremely deep hip hop.
This is a gimmick song, but its actually really good. The whole song is a basketball metaphor. You'll find at least 10 references to actual players (see if you can find them all, make a game of it) and also a classic Chick Hearn clip from the 80's

I think it brings Hip hop and sports together nicely

The Game

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 am 

Today is World AIDS Day

AIDS kills word up respect this, comin from the Wu its REAL!
America

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 pm 

well this thread is falling apart... i reckon if it were 80's hair metal song of the day we'd be somewhere.

i'mma go back to sage francis' best album ever, non-prophets' hope (aka his "straightup" rap project" which i was fortunate enough to catch on mint vinyl recently. proper) half SHARK alligator half man half amazing, indeed, it's the fairy god motherfucker, it's xaul zan's heart

for what it's worth, when sage went down to scribble jam and won the freestyle battle he did it under his xaul zan persona.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 pm 

FUCK!$#!$%rLJFDSHZLKJDASHFLJASD

i just realized my louis logic general principle/factotum(1st vers)/punchline-rmx 12" is clean.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANYONE RELEASE A CLEAN LOUIS LOGIC 12"!?@?@ WHAT THE FUCK.

first verse no censorship.... the redman "can't wait" sample is intact. hmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:55 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
edit: this is akin to method man and redman. meth seems to rap at his absolute best when he's on the cut with red, and who can blame him? red can rhyme circles around the dude... i think the same thing happened to mf doom when he knew he was gonna be juxtaposed with talib on a cut. this is also known as the organized konfusion phenomenon, as raise if your hand if you have heard a prince po solo cut.... =D

just saw you slipped this edit in. Shit man, your posts are pretty long, now youre gonna edit? i mean thats cool. everyone deserves a mulligan, excepty hanley. if youre holding my feet to the fire, Ill say Redman is better overall rapper but I dont think its anywhere near rhyming circles around the dude. Youre quite the HIPhopSter, Sini. Keep it up though. I like hearing stuff I havent heard. I knew Del from Hieroglyphics but yesterday I found out he's Ice Cube's cousin. I mean, shit man, he told Cube to go to hell and went solo. Thats a bad ass move right there. I reckon most would have stayed comfortably under theCube umbrella but as far as Redman vs. Meth. Id give the voice and flow to Meth. Red is a punchline rapper is he not? I think that limits him. MF Doom is fine. Id like to see your list of the top ten rappers. no discussion, no i cant choose, just 10 names. im not being a jerk (right now) i really would be interested in it. also, you once assumed in the chat that you were a better rapper than me without ever hearing me. while that certainly fits the spirit of every hip hopper of all time thinking he's the greatest, it seems a tad prejudicial. no offense though. im not proffessional. i just flow when i need to. also, while im addressing you, i found your exchange with jorr over fantasy baseball extremely dissappoiniting. who brags about winning fantasy leagues and cites it as a reason he "knows his stuff" Seemed really out of place for you, it was then that the Sini=Panther stuff seemed legit. but im not a perfect poster (arguable, I know) so ill just say keep on keepin on. with that said I submit the following track for your approval. good day sin

Hieroglyphics-Powers that Be

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:11 pm 

Method Man is better than Red imo. Red is dope and way back in the day he was one of my fav MCs but Meth is a much more complex mc with better suject material and flow. Meth can flip like 5 different styles. They make an awesome duo though

MF is very inconsistent. Sometimes he's nasty and other times he fkn sucks

We had a greatest mcs of all time discussion before. Time for present day best mcs list

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Mr. Hernandez wrote:
Method Man is better than Red imo. Red is dope and way back in the day he was one of my fav MCs but Meth is a much more complex mc with better suject material and flow. Meth can flip like 5 different styles. They make an awesome duo though

MF is very inconsistent. Sometimes he's nasty and other times he fkn sucks

We had a greatest mcs of all time discussion before. Time for present day best mcs list

Agreed. I love Red...but RPB is right he's basically a punch line rapper. Which is fine, he's probably the best at what he does. But I think Meth is far more diverse. but in any case, they play off each other well and make a good duo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Meth > Red > Lots of horrible rappers > MF Doom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Meth > Red > Lots of horrible rappers > MF Doom

:lol:

i'm not a huge DOOM fan either to be honest.....i actually prefer his production

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:16 pm 

Madvillainy and Mm...Food are very good albums. I haven't liked much of his stuff since Mm...Food though

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:01 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Meth > Red

what?! do we live on the same planet? while meth has done a lot for lispy rappers all over the universe, there is no way in hell that meth is even close to redman in his prime. i once had a little throwaway internet rap song where i referenced an aphex twin song released under the moniker of smojphace that was a remix of a song called "run the place red"

the line was like "cuz i could beat you cracked, smacked, or all whacked out on meth... cuz when i see red i come with my best"

pop on redman's 2nd LP, dare iz a darkside, and honestly tell me that in terms of pure lyrical skill meth has done anything in the ballpark of that. meth is more accessible and obviously more of a breakout star, but red is the better rapper hands done bar none etc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:06 pm 

and in the spirit of the holidays, aka dredging up something that nobody wanted for most of the year and presenting it to you as a gift for the holidays, i am resurrecting this thread for ONE DAY ONLY!

obviously there's a sudden urge to drop some classic redman in the wake of krazy ivan's declaration that method man is > redman, however, i gotta go with the song that first urged me to bring up this thread... going all the way back to 1993, what happens when a legendary group from south central LA decides to kick off their 2nd LP, innercity griots, by establishing their hardass street cred by making a hard track? you get the freestyle fellowship: bullies of the block

one of my great regrets was seeing aceyalone in early 2004 and not copping one of the freestyle fellowship shirts they were selling there. fortunately, last year they re-issued one just like you see in the video except the "freestyle fellowship" lettering you see under the F/F yin/yang splat is on the back. my quest to be an obscure oddball backpacker nerd continues on in style.

edit: best part about the video is circa 3:53 when they show some shots of the hardass balck bitches in the posse there's one looking real hard in a duke hat and a bulletproof vest. i'm thinking she must have seen dan bernstein at a show and copped his style =D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 pm 

Why are you focusing on K.I.?

Everyone said Meth was better.

What about Redman's range? Its limited isnt it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:49 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Why are you focusing on K.I.?

Everyone said Meth was better.

What about Redman's range? Its limited isnt it?

oh, well i just noticed his quote with the greater-than/less-than stuff and he was right there. if everyone says that meth > red then like, you are all wrong =D

and sure redman's range is limited, he's a punchline rapper... but he's the norse god of punchline rappers. i always got the vibe that redman could do complex multi-syllabic high vocab shit if he wanted to, but he's too busy getting high and talking shit, therefore you got the happy medium of what he did. i'll give you that by the time malpractice came out he was kind of beating a dead horse, hence the lenghty wait between malpractice and red gone wild, however, from dare iz a darkside up to and through malpractice (94-01) he was unfuckwithable. who the hell hasn't driven around and blazed an eighth while knocking muddy waters around on the system?

plus i love how vintage redman LPs always picked up steam around track 13 and kicked ass all the way til the end. redman was an every track motherfucker at one point, and i thought it was a total hookup that you'd be gettin dope cut after dope cut at like, tracks 17, 19, and 20. etc.

here, from the bonafide insane period of my life last year, is heavily edited version of the first chapter of my semi-existant book "lessons learned from redman, vegeta, and maddox: a do-it-myself guide to fixing your sad broken homo life"

if you think my posts on here are bad, holy shit, you should have seen how prolific i was at being bad/insane/etc last year. i was literally meeting god on the redline. weird bitches showed up and took me on goofy adventures and whatnot... it was a thing, though very probably it was all imagined or synthetic.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:52 pm 

Well said Sini.

I see your point.

I like em pretty much the same.

I like Ghost better than both tho.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:48 pm 

I don't like Method Man or Redman enough to really argue who is better. They're both ok in my book. Neither are in my Top 10...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:55 pm 

Hey actually, while you lot are here what's up with that Wu-Tang show? I think it's Saturday, Jan 8th at the Congress Theatre?

My boy Velvet called me up the other day and said that the Wu is playing and he's going to try to get us guested for the show, to which I asked if the show is sold out cuz I'd go and buy us tickets if he and maybe even the wifey were going to pull through. He merely replied that he doesn't feel like paying for the show so he's going to work the guestlist angle.

Am I correct in assuming that the show is sold out by now? Velvet is one of those "you don't call Jay, Jay calls you" type people so I haven't gotten a hold of him in the last few days but it's looking like I might have to schedule this show into my dayplanner. What's the CSFMB roll call for the show?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:27 pm 

Holy shit, have y'all heard that new H.A.M. cut with Jay-Z and Kanye? Good solid joint there... HOWEVER, the other day I came across this new "freestyle" (it was once explained to me by a guy hustling "freestyle" CDs on the L that a freestyle is one thing, but "off the dome" is another... i always had equated "freestling" with "off the dome"/improv rapping, but I have much to learn) by busta rhymes on that H.A.M. beat and alls i can say is.... HOLY SHIT!
Busta Rhymes - H.A.M. freestyle

R.I.P. to the H.A.M. beat for it was truly murdered on this one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
ELWOOD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
Holy shit, have y'all heard that new H.A.M. cut with Jay-Z and Kanye? Good solid joint there... HOWEVER, the other day I came across this new "freestyle" (it was once explained to me by a guy hustling "freestyle" CDs on the L that a freestyle is one thing, but "off the dome" is another... i always had equated "freestling" with "off the dome"/improv rapping, but I have much to learn) by busta rhymes on that H.A.M. beat and alls i can say is.... HOLY SHIT!
Busta Rhymes - H.A.M. freestyle

R.I.P. to the H.A.M. beat for it was truly murdered on this one

That was good. Wouldn't say he killed it exactly, but solid. Would have liked more than one verse and I'd take Jay's verse over that one...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 am 

Another gem from my favorite Detroit MC

One Be Lo - enecS nO ehT kcaB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:15 pm 

nice call, w-z... as someone who recently shit himself to catch the project blowed compilation 4xLP @ dusty groove for under $15, i'mma give you the 2pac special:
tray loc - once upon a freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 pm 

and to fulfill the 2pac special, here's a song that should be in your wake and bake rotation (clearly, bone thugs' first of the month is THE quintessential wake-n-bake song)

dolla holla - beautiful day in the neighborhood

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next