It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Thanks for speaking the truth on Salisbury and calling him out on his douchebagginess. Glad to hear it on the air that that shows clock is ticking. And Mac, thanks for teasing it so I could get out my trusty recorder to immortalize the verbal ass kicking. Well played. Please get him off of your station soon. Tick tick tick tick...

Edit:

Here are two new download links for the audio file

http://www.yousendit.com/download/M6nkv ... %253D%253D

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/304230/ ... yOwned.WAV

Last edited by hawkeye on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Summary? Was listening to B&B interview some Bayou commentator for the New Orleans perspective. Wish I had been on the other frequency given your post above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:39 pm 

Where did Seanny Cake's (love that nickname) douche-bagginess come from?

I seem to remember him doing a show with Mac & Jurko (or was it Mac & Harry), and they all seemed to get along just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bucket, I'll just upload the MP3 so you can hear it yourself. After Harry made an innocent remark about Sean and the Dallas Mavericks, Sean went on this stuttering tirade after hearing it on the 9-12 show. MJH just played it and commented. The segment ended with the sound of a ticking clock. Classic. I love the balls on these guys. MP3 link coming shortly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Where did Seanny Cake's (love that nickname) douche-bagginess come from?

I seem to remember him doing a show with Mac & Jurko (or was it Mac & Harry), and they all seemed to get along just fine.

Douche-bagginess comes from me and was not said by MJH, but from a high level standpoint, Sean's douchebagginess comes from his association with the boys club in Bristol and severely defective DNA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Here's the audio of it. The fun starts at 5:15 into the recording.

http://download.yousendit.com/7EBC6FFB3B729DF6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
that was great.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:07 pm 

Listening to Sean talk crap about MJH and the content of their show while insisting he doesn't listen to the show was priceless. It speaks volume about the craps he spews on ESPN television about football. Basically he just formulates his opinion without any research and then just speaks the loudest to get his point across. A douche indeed. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out dick-phone boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Good stuff, Hawkeye. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:12 pm 

Quote:
Here's the audio of it. The fun starts at 5:15 into the recording.

http://download.yousendit.com/7EBC6FFB3B729DF6

*kisses hawkeye's feet*

Grazie! He really laid into Shawneycakes pretty good there. I hope no suspension is coming. Interestingly, the webcast went down shortly thereafter, and is still down; connected, or simply another example of utter incompetence on the part of those in charge of the webstream?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

No problem, glad to be of service. As to the delivery of MJH's thrashing of Salisbury, I will say this. It was harsh and blunt but still very businesslike and professional so I can't see how there could be any punishment from management. Everything they said was true and said in a calm manner. Very different from kiss-my-sack-gate last year. I don't see any way Salisbury can even try to come back from that. Beginning of the end I hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 pm 

I never liked the hiring to begin with. Typical blowhard with nothing informative to say.

I'm so sick and tired of Bristols attempt to nationalize MVP. If they would stick to a local lineup during the midday, they would be rolling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
He's a one-dick-phoney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:01 pm 

I didn't hear that original bit that Salisbury did but that little exerpt is probably the best example of why this guy sucks. It pretty much represented everything that's wrong with the Salisbury part of that show. I've said it before, when it's JD or Hoodie, Rosenbloom actually seems more relaxed, less abrasive, less "cocky" even. I think putting Salisbury together with anybody that thinks for themselves can be a volatile mix. He sounded not just off base, but *mean*. I'm all for trash talking the other DJ's, it's part of the business, it happens all the time. But my God...*I* was offended for MJ&H, and they hold their own pretty good.

It's not funny, it's not fun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

I recommend the ticking clock become a regular sound byte during the afternoon show. Like the hockey horn, any reference of Salisbury, good or bad, should be immediately followed by the ticker.

Post subject: On this
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I just don't get Salisbury here, he is on a local show in Chicago and says the 3-7 show needs to go outside the zipcode. I thought 9-12 was supposed to be a local show, not national. This is what happens when you don't live here or follow Chicago. I have nothing against the Mavericks, but Skiles throw the rules out and pound the Mavericks, you know you can when you play next. The Tick-Tock was beatiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Thanks Hawk, I agree Mac will not catch any heat for this. He did not say anything that the brass doesn't already know
and he was professional about it. Jurcko and Harry took their shots too.
This makes me feel kinda icky, but I feel sorry for Rosenbloom. I am sure this is not what he evisioned when he signed up for this gig.

Sallsberry needs to resign to spend more time with his family or his phone, as long as it is less time on my radio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Salisbury's an idiot. He's too wrapped up in his own "world" to have any idea what is going on here.

If he took the time to understand what the people of Chicago want in a sports radio show, he might not make stupid statements like that.

But, then, if he took the time to understand what the people of Chicago want in a sports radio show, his show might be successful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:34 pm 

Thanks Hawkeye...well done.

This dude is the worst. THE worst. Let the clock tick - I like that idea Bucket.

Who's to blame for Salisbury being spread so thin over so many different radio and TV appearances? Him leaving AM1000 to focus on other assignments would be the classiest way for management to kick this turd to the curb - not that he deserves it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Rico's in Homewood, IL
Who's to blame for Salisbury being spread so thin over so many different radio and TV appearances? Him leaving AM1000 to focus on other assignments would be the classiest way for management to kick this turd to the curb - not that he deserves it.[/quote]

Who is to blame is simple, it is Sean. he should have known what he was walking into. Spaceballs did not prepare him for this market. Although we are a big city, at heart we are a midwestern town that does like outsiders coming in and telling us how great the Mavs are or how great Fenway Park is, or the glory of USC. Sean should be on a national show or on satillite radio. Hopefully, mgmt. takes you advise and moves Silverman back into that spot. That would open up a spot for Hood at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
the more and more i hear (and read) from sean, the more and more id like to see him fired.

he reminds of the token 23 year old guy who still hangs out with high school kids, wears his seinor year letterman jacket almost everywhere, and every statement he makes starts with "remember when.."

what a wiener.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
the more and more i hear (and read) from sean, the more and more id like to see him fired.

he reminds of the token 23 year old guy who still hangs out with high school kids, wears his seinor year letterman jacket almost everywhere, and every statement he makes starts with "remember when.."

what a wiener.

Don't forget he's also their sole supply source for cases and kegs of Natural Light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
and...all he's gotta do is pull out his cellphone to show girls his weiner!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Seannycakes is the Matthew McConaughey character in Dazed and Confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:41 pm 

That was brilliant--merci, Hawkeye. As hard as it is to believe, I think Salisbury comes looking as bad he ever has (as long as his phone was not around).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Mac,

I'm almost certain that you don't remember, but when I heard news that Salisbury would be joining the team, I called to give an immediate thumbs down. (I called in as Mack in South Shore BTW, because the screener wouldn't let me use the SP)

You told me "How can you give it a thumbs down without hearing the show?"

So I told myself I was going to wait until either the show was cancelled or you came around to my thinking before I gave myself a strained shoulder (me patting myself on the back, LOL). It looks like the latter happened and the former isn't too far away. (tick...tick...tick...tick...tick....tick)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:59 am 
1000 CLUB

In that recent ratings article, there was a comment praising the score or mitch about what a good idea it was to split 10-12/12-2 and put in the guys they did because of how they did well in their category. I think it should be more of a credit to AM1000 screwing up with this Rosenbloom/Salisbury decision. No doubt that Silvy and Carmen is better but at this point I think even Jim Rome would be better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:37 am 

Salisbury being thin skinned is not exclusive to the radio. On tonight's Sportscenter he was aghast that Karl Ravich would dare question his "expertise" on Marty Schottenheimer. He became flustered when pressed by Karl much like he does on the radio when anyone disagrees with his "mighty" opinion. Props to Karl Ravich who I always thought was ESPN's version of Rich King.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:07 am 

spmack wrote:
Mac,

I'm almost certain that you don't remember, but when I heard news that Salisbury would be joining the team, I called to give an immediate thumbs down. (I called in as Mack in South Shore BTW, because the screener wouldn't let me use the SP)

You told me "How can you give it a thumbs down without hearing the show?"

So I told myself I was going to wait until either the show was cancelled or you came around to my thinking before I gave myself a strained shoulder (me patting myself on the back, LOL). It looks like the latter happened and the former isn't too far away. (tick...tick...tick...tick...tick....tick)

I remember a thread regarding Salisbury when he was doing some fill in at the station. This failure was easily forseeable.

By the way, I don't think I have listened to a minute of the show. Work rarely allows me to sample midday radio.