It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 am 

Quote:
he reminds of the token 23 year old guy who still hangs out with high school kids, wears his seinor year letterman jacket almost everywhere, and every statement he makes starts with "remember when.."

This scene comes to mind....

Uncle Rico – How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains? Well, if coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we’d have been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. You better believe things had been different. I’d have gone pro in a heartbeat. I’d be making millions of dollars and living in a big ol’ mansion somewhere, soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:27 am 

Great call Falcon. Salisbury's nickname should no longer be Seannycakes (as much as I like it), it should be Uncle Rico.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:58 am 

Thanks for helping program the show. Clock will be ticking on and S&R references beginning today. And so I get the reference, please lemme know who Uncle Rico is. I have not seen Friday Night Light if that's the origin. And it's been 15 years since I saw All The Right Moves. Am I in the right neighborhood? Please lead me so I can share with the world Uncle Rico and Rosey and know what it is I'm saying. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:02 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac, Uncle Rico is a reference to a movie you will despise, Napoleon Dynamite. The boyquarium could find it if they wanted though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:03 am 

Quote:
Mac wrote:
Thanks for helping program the show. Clock will be ticking on and S&R references beginning today. And so I get the reference, please lemme know who Uncle Rico is. I have not seen Friday Night Light if that's the origin. And it's been 15 years since I saw All The Right Moves. Am I in the right neighborhood? Please lead me so I can share with the world Uncle Rico and Rosey and know what it is I'm saying. Thank you.

Mac you don't know me but you do know the movie--and I don't recall you being a big fan of it (or any one of you three). "Napoleon Dynamite". Unlce Rico was the older guy in tight shirts the whole time. Jurko's kids loved it I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:04 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Here you go Mac...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-TWy-YgT4

GOSH...

Post subject:

MUScholar21 wrote:
Mac, Uncle Rico is a reference to a movie you will despise, Napoleon Dynamite. The boyquarium could find it if they wanted though.

ah crap couldn't remember if he had seen it or not--thought he had and didn't like it. :oops:

Post subject:
1000 CLUB

I may actually listen to S&R today, you know Danny Zederman is going to play a clip of this to set Sean off again. He has to be in on the Dump Sean movement.

Ryan, Chad, and Zack, it must be nice knowing we were right to want to keep Silvy and Carmen in the nine to noon, huh? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Good for you Mac, for letting this first class douche have it. You didn't sink to third grade insults. He doesn't listen to you, but he knows that you kiss Chicago sports ass ? Go back to Bristol, Seannycakes.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Quote:
Salisbury being thin skinned is not exclusive to the radio. On tonight's Sportscenter he was aghast that Karl Ravich would dare question his "expertise" on Marty Schottenheimer. He became flustered when pressed by Karl much like he does on the radio when anyone disagrees with his "mighty" opinion. Props to Karl Ravich who I always thought was ESPN's version of Rich King.

i saw that as well....and thought the same things...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:14 am 

Thanks guys. You're right.... I didn't like it... and after a dozen viewings... my 15-year-old son has reconsidered his opinion of his once-favorite film. There were a few laughs... but for the most part it pained me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Anybody else think word is Sean is done in Chicago after the Superbowl? We all know Mac hasn't hid his feelings on Sean since he started sucking as a radio host, but this past rant sounded like it was from a guy who knew the guy he was ranting on was going to be out of the picture soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:32 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
That is pretty much what I thought as I was listening as well. I couldn't tell if the ticking clock was a dig at them because of what MJH know or just a flat out joke.

Either way, it is funny. I may call in today and reference Ravech-Salisbury just to hear the ticking clock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Quote:
Anybody else think word is Sean is done in Chicago after the Superbowl?

It makes sense to wait til' the season is over. Sean has really shone during football season as everyone thought he would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I apologize Spaulding. I need to read better.

Last edited by Woodridge Ryan on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Could "shone" be a past tense of "shine?" I went to Ball State, so I wouldn't know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:47 am 

Quote:
MUScholar21 wrote:
I may actually listen to S&R today, you know Danny Zederman is going to play a clip of this to set Sean off again. He has to be in on the Dump Sean movement.

Ryan, Chad, and Zack, it must be nice knowing we were right to want to keep Silvy and Carmen in the nine to noon, huh? :lol:

I also am tuning in to hear for that...but we did get a pretty cool Ditka interview this morning. I like when he's grumpy. I think it's more fitting of him. And he's right about Benson too.

I'm kind of over the S&C 9-12 slot just because I'm pretty sure they're not going to get that slot back. I hope I'm wrong about that...since being right about this. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:47 am 

Killer V's interpretation of my verbage was what I had intended. But what do I know I studied in the Math/Science fields. My grammar is terrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

Ryan, I bet it's a bit of both. Take the recent ratings disaster for S&R, Sean being Murph-esque to his co workers, the weiner phone incident, and the end of the football season--it seems appropriate. If MJH thought there was a chance this show would last long term I can't see them going with the tick tick tick tick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Quote:
But what do I know I studied in the Math/Science fields. My grammar is terrible.

And now you own 2 lumber yards? I had no idea that Math/Science was so important in the lumber industry. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:58 am 

I've always liked wood. I don't spend much time there. I'm not quite sure where they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Spaulding, do you have a pool and a pond?

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:04 am 

"Spaulding-get-your-foot-off-the boat!!!"

Post subject: Re: wow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 am 

OPV wrote:
"Spaulding-get-your-foot-off-the boat!!!"

OPV,
Congrats on the success of your nationally ranked girls basketball team. Or should I call you Marty Blake???? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:07 am 

Pool and a pond... Pond would be good for you.

It's a little after 10 and I think I've reached my quota for Caddyshack quotes for the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:48 am 

Quote:
Sean has really shone during football season as everyone thought he would.

Spaulding- thanks for a glimpse of how Mrs. Figgins mind works. You have helped me understand one of the great questions of our time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm 

There is not a snowball's chance in hell MVP eats 2 years of a 3 year contract. He will have to quit for him to be gone.

Mac, any chance you could get the braintrust together to power up the Danny Mac hit machine by doing a parody of Saturday Night Live's "Dick In The Box"? I think it is incredibly appropriate in light of Rico's dick in the phone gift to the ladies.

Also, how about an interview with Harbaugh, the new head coach of Stanford?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

I was thinking about somebody clever doing a "dick in a phone" parody of Seany Cakes. Post it here. Then when Sean gets launched Mac will play it on the air. (Mac, Justin Timberlake wrote this for Saturday Night Live. He called it "dick in a box". Funny stuff).

I think Sean will be launched and ESPN and Bristol will be able to get out of the contract. They make Sean an offer that you can go quietly or we'll make this hell for you. The "dick in the phone" has to let ESPN out of any contract. Or ESPN national will flip the bill for Seany's contract here at the local station. They print money so Seany's deal is nothing to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:46 pm 

Beardown wrote:
I was thinking about somebody clever doing a "dick in a phone" parody of Seany Cakes. .

Ahh, but I posted it first. Part of genius is luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dolphin I read what you said. I was just adding that somebody on this board could do it here. Mac won't be able to touch that until Sean's gone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next