It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blackhawks really suck!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:29 pm 

I went to the game last night with my girlfriend. It was her first time at a hockey game and she loved it to death. My dumbass could have been buying $10 tickets all this time to keep her quiet so we'll go again Friday!
But the Hawks again blew a two-goal lead in the game and eventually lost in overtime. And the place was pretty much empty. What will it take to make Blackhawk hockey and joy to watch again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:33 pm 

HORN!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

The next person who refers to the goalie as "the Bhulin Wall" and is serious about it is going to get punched in the throat. He is terrible. Giving up a goal five-hole in overtime? Awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
They'll be better when the old man does the city his greatest favor of all time and just dies.
Tight wad payroll, no coverage of home games, too high ticket prices, they sell out on their top players...
This orginIzation sucks.
I used to be the biggest Hawks fan and today I wouldn't care if they packed their puck bags and left town like the North Stars did.

F-- 'em.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
too high ticket prices

Actually, from what I've heard the poor man's seats in the 300 level are very cheap - I don't know, as I will never pay money that would end up in Dollar Bill's pockets. You are absolutely right, though; it will be unprecedented how many people will dance a jig on his grave. Peter better not bury him in the tri-state area.

I'd hate to see them leave town though - it would be an absolute shame, and hopefully the NHL wouldn't let that happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Last game I went to was a late season tilt with the Flames in '02. I had a friend in town from Alberta and we had a bet. I'd wear the flame if his team won, and he'd wear the head if I did.
I paid 120 something for section 112.
Jesus. It was the worst game I'd ever been to. Hawks played like they couldn't wait to get home to press their panties. Lost 4-1. I never saw a team that cared less about winning. I wore that goddam flame to work the next day. Felt miserable.
If your team does not care about winning, that speaks volumes about the management. This team is doomed to failure unless they sell, the old man dies, or they pull stakes and roll.
I refuse to put another single cent into that jackasses pocket. Until then, the Wolves get my hockey dollar. The games are fun, packed house (usually) and they are a generally winning team.
Anyone got the attendance figures between the Wolves and the Hawks?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:17 pm 

Actually the ticket prices are cheap. I paid $20 for two tickets in the nose-bleed seats and of course did my civic duty and sat on the first floor in row 20.
Thanks Darkside I never thought about the Wolves. I think I will go to one of their games just so I have a comparison. It's funny though, I parked on the street for the game so I saved there and bought the cheapest ticket I could. What a cheap fun date. Except the product on the ice. I couldn't believe he gave up a 5-hole goal in OT it was unacceptable and yes they need a new goalie.
Bill Wirtz will never die!
:(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:40 pm 

jasonfromCHATHAM wrote:
What will it take to make Blackhawk hockey and joy to watch again?

Well, for one thing, rules that have some logic behind them would be nice. What's with this ridiculous "one point for an overtime or shootout loss baloney?" Think about it. A regular game is worth TWO POINTS, TOTAL. Either the winner gets 2 and the loser nothing, or in the old days, 1 point each for a tie. Again, TWO POINTS TOTAL.

Now, as soon as a game goes into OT, there are going to be THREE POINTS awarded in the standings--2 to the winner and 1 to the loser. Why is this game suddenly worth MORE in total? Suppose you're Team A and you're sitting idle one night and you're trying to catch either Team B or Team C for a playoff spot. B and C are playing each other. Before, you knew you would lose 2 points total--either 2 to one team or 1 to both teams. Now, if B and C go into OT, you've automatically lost ground to BOTH teams to the tune of THREE points total--2 points to one and 1 to the other. Makes no sense to me. It's like if a baseball team got half a win for losing in extra innings.

Plus, the OT and shootout were supposed to add excitement. Not so, because both teams already have one point guaranteed. Losing in the OT or shootout isn't like a TRUE loss. Sometimes in quickie updates, the Score or MVP will say, "The Blackhawks lost last night." But, that's not enough information because if it was an OT or shootout loss, it's not the same as a real loss--they still got a point. Stupid, confusing, and illogical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:48 pm 

jasonfromCHATHAM wrote:
Actually the ticket prices are cheap. I paid $20 for two tickets in the nose-bleed seats and of course did my civic duty and sat on the first floor in row 20.
Thanks Darkside I never thought about the Wolves. I think I will go to one of their games just so I have a comparison. It's funny though, I parked on the street for the game so I saved there and bought the cheapest ticket I could. What a cheap fun date. Except the product on the ice. I couldn't believe he gave up a 5-hole goal in OT it was unacceptable and yes they need a new goalie.
Bill Wirtz will never die!
:(

Where did you get the tickets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
I went to the game last night with my girlfriend. It was her first time at a hockey game and she loved it to death

Jason, did the same thing a month ago courtesy of Slapshot Ed. (BTW, what is your address? I'm trying to send something and its not getting to you.) Anyway, I forgot how much I love watching hockey. I covered a minor league hockey team for a good four years and had an absolute blast watching the game or shooting video, whatever. The team I covered was actually Chicago Wolves' coach John Anderson last team he coached before he came here. If they could just get the 8th seed for the playoffs this year, I think it could be enough to generate higher ticket sales next year and start to SLOWLY fill up that place again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Darkside wrote:
They'll be better when the old man does the city his greatest favor of all time and just dies.

I'm with you Darkside but don't be so sure that when the old man dies that Peter Wirtz does not hold up his dads wishes.

Chelios told me (name dropper) that Bill Wirtz promised his fa-ther , that he would uphold his dads wishes on his death bed of NOT PUTTING the Hawks home games on T.V. and that Dollar Bill is holding the same wishes over Peter's head when he takes over the team .

I hope Peter tells dad to go f- uck himself but Cheli feels there will be a clause in Dollar Bill's will to over-ride any attempts to bring that issue to a debate.

Ryan you don't have to send me anything , unless she is 5ft 8 inches 110 lbs and has huge tits and can mow my lawn but yet not talk at the same time . :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
She actually is (5 foot 6 though) and can do all of that....but the talking thing...you're out of luck. Sorry. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
Sitting in the 309 section is my favorite. It is behind the Hawks goal for 2 periods, but it is near Ironworks, which is where the sell the good beer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:03 pm 

Where did you get the tickets?- Good Dolphin

I got them at the box office a few hours before the game. They are practically giving away seats, which to me should be enough info for them to realize they are losing fans. But old man Wirtz made his millions from beer sales not hockey ticket sales.
But yeah you can buy the cheap sits and sit damn near behind the bench for most games it seems. You just have to put a couple of deke moves on the ushers to get acess to the first level and you're good, which is really hard when you're a Black guy like me because we stand out at a hockey game like Harry going to Englewood!
My girl loved the game. She's Mexican&Putero Rican (go figure how her parents got together) so she's a firecracker to begin with. And I think all the violence just got her riled up as she usually is only into boxing and football. So we're going again Friday. All that excitement appparently is connected to her libido to as she took me home and we did the do for hours on end!
Sorry T.M.I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Umm, dont we have a hockey section. :?: