It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Cmon Mac, it ain't that bad! We're almost to the SuperBowl!
He is getting it done.
That pass to Davis in OT didn't look like a softball to me. That was about the best pass of the game, it came when we needed it most, it came under pressure, both physical and mental. Rex did deliver when it counted, didn't he?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:10 pm 

Mac wrote:
Grossbomb was raised by affluent parents... that I know. .

How is this important at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Fatha? Some kids that have Fatha's don't learn certain life lessons than others. The key is some. I'm not trying to piss off anyone on here. I can tell you I've watched a Fatha's son in college learn things about life that I had learned 10 years or more prior.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:21 pm 

MAC
Quote:
I'd take an 85 rating every week over a 110 one week, followed by a number less than 40 the next.

Loseman
Pennington
Delhomme
McNair
Carr
Garrard
Kitna
E.Manning
M.Hasselbeck
Vick
Roethlisberger
A.Smith
Leinart

Who out of this list would you want starting for the Bears this week?
These are all the players between Grossman's 73.9 rating and the 85.0 rating you said you would take over Grossman.

Last edited by Juiced on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Seconded WR. On average, you appreciate things more if you have to work for them vs if they're just given to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:27 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Quote:
Mac wrote:
Grossbomb was raised by affluent parents...

Mac, please come over and paint my house. Should take you about 20 seconds with that broad brush.

This is irrelevant. From what I can tell, the team loves the guy. They know him better than I do. What the hell else matters? Whether Mike Mulligan thinks he's a great quote?

Still love the show though Mac. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:30 pm 

The title of this post has been accurate for almost 5 months now...oops, I thought it said Grossman winning again...sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:31 pm 

Killer V wrote:
Seconded WR. On average, you appreciate things more if you have to work for them vs if they're just given to you.

I don't think he became a 1st round pick just because his parents are well off. I think there might have been some hard work involved...especially for a 6 foot qb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm 

As McManus said to Keaton before the lineup... you're missing the point. WR gets it. Can you? Step outside the Grossman bubble for a moment and read what I wrote again. If you need, I'll do a remedial session for you at Shoeless Joe's Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I think there might have been some hard work involved...especially for a 6 foot qb.

Don't remember anyone saying anything about hard work.
Mac said...
Quote:
I suspect Rex Grossman never knew the meaning of disappointment and rejection until now. And he's handling very, very poorly.

Disappointment and rejection are the two things that this "Fatha" Boy may not have experienced. Again, I'm not saying all Fatha boys don't have these experiences, just saying they are more prone to not and Mac suspects this is the case here. Could be a bad argument, but I see his angle. I wonder if Murph likes his angle. Mac, call in tomorrow. You might get some Brown's chicken out of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
As McManus said to Keaton before the lineup... you're missing the point.

Did that make your top 20?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:38 pm 

I believe it checked in at No. 11 or 12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:42 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Let's see... a 1st round draft choice sits the first 13 games of his career to watch Kordell Stewart and a 38 year old Chris Chandler (ask Don Pierson about 38 yo QBs) lead a mediocre team to a mediocre year.

Finally gets to step in the next year, only to drop to injury 3 games in. Works his way back the entire next year from a serious injury, has hopes up, only to have a guy fall on his foot and put him out another 13 games.

Works his way back from that to finally get some games in and try to get the team to the next level.

I think he's seen adversity and disappointment. Also, I think most people feel he handled himself very well during that time unless I'm remembering it incorrectly. Maybe he's not handling this criticism well because at some point it seems ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:43 pm 

Mac wrote:
If you need, I'll do a remedial session for you at Shoeless Joe's Friday.

Sounds like a plan. What time should I have Jeeves drop me off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:43 pm 

Mac wrote:
As McManus said to Keaton before the lineup... you're missing the point. WR gets it. Can you? Step outside the Grossman bubble for a moment and read what I wrote again. If you need, I'll do a remedial session for you at Shoeless Joe's Friday.

The guy has spent three years being doubted, experiencing/overcoming hardship and undoubtedly feeling disappointed. He has fought his way through these things which has made him a favorite of his teammates. I think it's an incorrect assumption.

This is similar to the people who brag about street smarts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well said Doctor. However, the word "rejection" is the real one he hasn't had to experience much...as far as we know.

I think this is one of those we agree to disagree arguements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:50 pm 

[quote="Woodridge Ryan"]...as far as we know.[quote]

Exactly. We have no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Who is more beloved by this city's fans (not media) more than Rex Grossman?

Brian Urlacher, Carlos Zambrano....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:03 pm 

There is no limit to how popular Good Rex can become. This city has never had a stud QB. Bad Rex, however, is a different story...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:25 pm 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Who is more beloved by this city's fans (not media) more than Rex Grossman?

Brian Urlacher, Carlos Zambrano....?

Robbie Gould seems to be making a strong push.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:34 pm 

WHO'S CHICAGO'S FAVORITE BEAR?

I says Butkus, Fred says Sayers, Annie says Ernie Banks.

Light 'em up like Christmas Trees!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Mac, I do see your point and agree to some extent but this seems to be a hot button issue for you. Why is that?

Rex may have not learned certain lessons growing up but he may be learning it now. Why not support him? I thought he might fall apart in the 4th quarter and was glad he did not.

That said Rex should shut his yap and win 2 more football games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
i couldnt care less as to what he says and does as long as the bears fucking win.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Mac, I do see your point and agree to some extent but this seems to be a hot button issue for you. Why is that?

Agreed, but this seems to be just as much a hot button issue for all these defenders. It's not like even half ass defending. It's full blown "jump in front of a bullet to save Rex's life" type defending. I just don't get it and have decided i never will. Spaulding, you've made the most sense in these posts so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
Quote:
WHO'S CHICAGO'S FAVORITE BEAR?

I says Butkus, Fred says Sayers, Annie says Ernie Banks.

Light 'em up like Christmas Trees!!

DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jesus Christ now we're gonna analyze Rex's childhood and wheather or not he's ever been disapointed. Hell, I've been disapointed a bunch (those bitches). But that never made me better at being a football player. That's all I care about.

I've got news for all of you. We all love Urlacher. I love him as much as Mac. But man he bitches and whines worse then Grossman. I've never heard you call him out Mac. Not just you but anybody. Fans or media. That's because he's a bad SOB on the field and that's all you and I should care about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:48 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed, but this seems to be just as much a hot button issue for all these defenders. It's not like even half ass defending. It's full blown "jump in front of a bullet to save Rex's life" type defending. I just don't get it and have decided i never will. Spaulding, you've made the most sense in these posts so far.

You know, that's true. I think someone who is down on Rex like myself reads the defenses, and over-reacts in response somewhat, which then causes the defenders to over-react in response, and back and forth. Eventually, it gets to the point it is now; let's maybe all stop and back it off a bit before a civil war breaks out. :lol:

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:56 pm 

Four score and seven days ago Rex Grossman brought forth on this city, a new argument, conceived in Arizona, and dedicated to the proposition that we don't know how the hell he is going to play.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether this board, or any board so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I've got news for you Beardown...After he signed the contract in 2003 I thought he became an overrated seed spreading crybaby tootsie toes. This year he's been phenomenal and playing like he did his first few years.

I'm still not a big fan of his but I keep that to myself. I don't want to be lynched. I'll duck and run for cover right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Rex is still in his mid 20s...and it shows. Rex and other public figures who complain about criticism are just showing their immaturity. I'm going to give a little personal experience, here. When I was 25, I was involved in a very public issue. I was blasted in papers and TV about it. I read the papers and critiques of me and my company. I took it hard. I didn't think it was fair. My boss advised me to just take it....that responding publicly to the criticism would just make matters worse. Wise man, he was. These days, there are web sites attacking me and my organization; public quotes in the papers attacking me and some public positions that I and my organization hold. I pay almost zero attention to them and I never acknowledge the criticism publicly. I would suggest Rex and his fans do the same. Rex is starting to sound like the immature Cubs of 2005. Some young people, like Rex, apparently care a lot about what others say about them and have incredible rabbit ears about it. Some times criticism is fair and some times it isn't. It doesn't matter, as a public figure, you must deal with it and just take it. One of the most important things that a young person, like Rex, who is thrust into the public eye must learn is to just take the criticism. Even better, don't even read it if you know it's going to affect you. Reacting publicly to criticism just makes things worse. Eventually, kids like Rex grow into adults and get a thick skin about criticism. Hopefully, Rex matures sooner rather than later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next