It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:00 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I've got news for you Beardown...After he signed the contract in 2003 I thought he became an overrated seed spreading crybaby tootsie toes. This year he's been phenomenal and playing like he did his first few years.

I'm still not a big fan of his but I keep that to myself. I don't want to be lynched. I'll duck and run for cover right now.

Sounds like Spaulding had a seed spread her way and isn't receiving child support... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Coast, do you ever get tired of being right all the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

Actually I've found Rex to be one of the most mature 25 year old athletes I've ever witnessed. I guess it's all a matter of personal perception. I'll accept that. When a mic is put in front of you every day with the same question your going to take the bait every now and then. Rex whined a little bit with Mully. So what. On a whole he's been a mature, well spoken guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
agreed Beardown...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:19 pm 

Quote:
Coast2Coast wrote:
Eventually, kids like Rex grow into adults and get a thick skin about criticism. Hopefully, Rex matures sooner rather than later.

Age is very overrated when it comes to maturity. It's not about experience, it's about reflecting on the experience. Learning from it. There are plenty of "adults" who are more immature than a 25 year old.

See: Sean Salisbury, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Donald Trump, Jim McMahon, Dwight Gooden...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
These days, there are web sites attacking me and my organization; public quotes in the papers attacking me and some public positions that I and my organization hold.

I think Coast is George W. Bush!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:20 pm 

Then I retract my previous statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

just one man's opinion Spaulding. Sorry if it comes off being too righteous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

NO need to worry Bears fans .... I just picked up my Sports Illustrated out of my mailbox and a wide smile broke over me as Drew Brees is on the cover.

My guess will be they will lose Sunday and Brees shows up on Madden 2008 next season and goes down with a torn ACL by week 3 .

I love carma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:54 pm 

Mac seems to have a need for a whipping boy at all times:

1) I remember the ass ripping he gave Buehrle for saying he didn't care about missing a start in the Metrodome in a pennant push - 2 years later he's making out with him in Houston

2) He Kept calling Crede "the Lamb" until he became the most clutch player on the Sox.

3) Jon Garland was Judy for 3 years until he became the Best pitcher on the staff.

Allow me to put my amateur analyst & therapist (or for the fans of Arrested Development analrapist) hat on for a moment:

There seems to be a basic Machismo tendency there for Macky, where "real" men are not allowed to show weakness and do not allow criticism to bother them - and if they do they are pussies.

I think there may be couch session topic hidden somewhere under all that disdain for the sensitive male. Someone's dad didn't hug'em enough as a yute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
See: Sean Salisbury, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Donald Trump, Jim McMahon, Dwight Gooden...
Can I add Sean Hannity and Stuart Smalley, please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:15 pm 

Quote:
Actually I've found Rex to be one of the most mature 25 year old athletes I've ever witnessed.

At 26, he's an extremely mature 25. ;)

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Finji , we need Uncle Rico drop ins.

Love the caller who said , "Mac , stop putting Rex under a Telescope".

If we did I'm sure we would see his Uranas.

I think it's a microscope there buddy .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:37 pm 

From Mustang Rob:
"There seems to be a basic Machismo tendency there for Macky, where "real" men are not allowed to show weakness and do not allow criticism to bother them - and if they do they are pussies.

I think there may be couch session topic hidden somewhere under all that disdain for the sensitive male. Someone's dad didn't hug'em enough as a yute."

You're very frank, Clarice. I think it would be quite something to know you in private life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:54 pm 

Quote:
just one man's opinion Spaulding. Sorry if it comes off being too righteous.

I made that statement without sarcasm. Unusual for this board. I think you are one of the most eloquent, intelligent, and level headed posters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Thanks for the laughs on the ride home tonight Mac. That was great.

From Jurko's need for the Bears to "smell up and wake the coffee" to Da Caller insisting that Ditka will be rooting for the Bears because he shops here to the Uncle Rico references, it made for a very enjoyable ride home.

Also, it's great to know that they can pick you up in Virginia for drive-time but I lose you on I-355. Thumbs down to physics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Doc, I sent a similar email in about that:

Quote:
Guys,

Glad to know that a guy in the suburbs of D.C. can get the Last Neighborhood Corner Tavern, but as I sit in traffic in freaking Naperville I get you going in and out!

Anyway, Rex needs to suck it up. He has gotten WAAAAAAY more rope in this city than he has proven to deserve, and yet he cries for more? Screw you Rexy. Why don't you go find some city that will put up with this sissy crap - that's why we have a franchise in Nashville. Even Eli Manning says he's a pansy.

Paul in Homer Glen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm with Mac, I saw that press conference today on ESPNEWS, and noticed how he seemed a little peeved to be 'nice guy of the NFL' or whatever. It was on in the background and the 'you guys are the ones with the half-empty view' stuck out to me, the media members laughed, and his face looked madder instead of smiling with them. Isn't this the same guy who out of nowhere in the middle of the season started going on about how he was so confused about how he could do the things he could do and just a few weeks ago how he didn't really prepare for a game.

And quit with the 'be nice' and 'get off him' crap, take a look around the city, athletes on every team have gone through it (most recently on the teams I follow, Hinrich on the Bulls and Podsednik on the Sox recently and their starters in the past), he's actually gotten the nicer treatment, getting a pass by a lot in town before the season even started and he compiled more than what, 4 reg season games? This is a top 3 dma but sometimes it acts like #35

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:50 pm 

Quote:
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Quote:
Can I add Sean Hannity and Stuart Smalley, please?

You could add millions...Stuart Smalley?? He's not good enough or smart enough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:27 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Four score and seven days ago Rex Grossman brought forth on this city, a new argument, conceived in Arizona, and dedicated to the proposition that we don't know how the hell he is going to play.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether this board, or any board so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. ...

HEY! Rex isn't Abe Lincoln I'm Abe Lincoln.

Signed, Sen. Barack Obama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
well, the beatings he's taken if because of his horseshit performances on the field.

im sick of this. some of this talk is a good non-story. kinda like bellicheck "shoving" that photographer. yeah, the guy is probably an asshole, but a bigger deal was made of that than it really was. so our QB says stupid things, BFD. we've had ozzie guillen and dusty baker here for the past few years. we should be used to chicago sports saying personalities dumb things.

if on sunday rex plays like he did against the seahawks, the bears are going to the super bowl. when that happens, rex can say or do whatever it is he wants. just fucking win ya caterpillar face.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't get why Mac is making such a big fuckin deal about Rex.. You got a hard on for him fine , great, were happy for you . You paid the homer Harry his 2 dimes and be done with it .

The Bears are in the NFC Championship for the first time in 20 years and were talkin about Rex. Jump on the defense and bust their balls about giving up 300 fuckin yards a game over the last 10 games . You want to bring fodder to the show jump on their asses.

Bottom line come Sunday the defense better have their shit together or it's wait another 20 years to get to the Superbowl .

If we get there is it another 2 weeks of Rex bashing or can we relish the fact were in a Superbowl .

Enough already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 Rum and cokes and I'm ready for bed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac woke up just looking for something to grab onto. So he took these throw away Grossman quotes and blew it up on afternoon drive. That's fine. It's his show. But it really was a nothing story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:32 pm 

Well, he prides his show being "Three walruses at the tavern yuckin' it up", so I'm not surprised he takes the meatball mentality towards Rex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I don't get why Mac is making such a big fuckin deal about Rex.. You got a hard on for him fine , great, were happy for you . You paid the homer Harry his 2 dimes and be done with it .

The Bears are in the NFC Championship for the first time in 20 years and were talkin about Rex. Jump on the defense and bust their balls about giving up 300 fuckin yards a game over the last 10 games . You want to bring fodder to the show jump on their asses.

Bottom line come Sunday the defense better have their shit together or it's wait another 20 years to get to the Superbowl .

If we get there is it another 2 weeks of Rex bashing or can we relish the fact were in a Superbowl .

Enough already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 Rum and cokes and I'm ready for bed

Drunk or not, I agree with you 100%. Especially the fact that there is so little nitpicking on the Bears' recently porous defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
mac da next time you feel da need to jump all over our beloved, just count to 10 and watch dis lil clip my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_oxPrz2nH8

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:14 am 

I also wondered where the defense was on Sunday.

Devin Hester frightens me. I loved when he returned for the TD even though it was called back. However I saw glimpses of him having a costly turnover at some point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:19 am 
1000 CLUB

On the defensive note, I re-watched the game today and was surprised at how meek and ineffective Danieal Manning was. Not only was he poor in pass coverage, he avoided contact/tackles when they were there. We have no name guys like Chris Harris and Todd Johnson who will at least deliver a hit to somebody but Manning kept making these excuse me tackles and playing all time safety valve to avoid contact with the big boys. He looked lost and scared. I haven't reviewed any of the other games, but is this a common theme with him? What exactly does he contribute to be starting for the last 14 or 15 games this year?

Mac, if you want to find a "high" draft pick to focus on I think this is your guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:53 am 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
Quote:
mac da next time you feel da need to jump all over our beloved, just count to 10 and watch dis lil clip my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_oxPrz2nH8

I'll see your Bonham and raise you a Baker.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c_vjK5MvLjM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:45 am 

This Grossman "controversy" reminds me of a few years ago when Mac went off on Mark Buerhle because Buerhle I believe said he didn't like to pitch in the Metrodome. Didn't Mac question Buerhle toughness at that point?

I agree with most of you, more attention should be given to the Bears safeties uninspiring play, Hester's and in general the problems the last few months on special teams. Grossman's comments are about as newsworthy as Ditka's rooting interest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next