It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:28 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
What has he done all season? He hasn't complained about the criticism once. Show me a quote of Rex complaining about the negative press.

Nas, in Wednesday’s Sun Times, there was an article by Mulligan in which Rex complained. That was the reason this thread was started in the first place. You can still find the article online, but here are the pertinent passages:

Grossman wonders why he's viewed as so suspect by the Bears' fans and media. ''I feel like, for some reason, I have more hurdles to go through than most first-round quarterbacks have had as far as gaining respect,'' Grossman said.

Grossman has said he's his own worst critic, and he knows when he hasn't played well and never takes exception when it's pointed out. But he admitted that what bothers him is the perception in some places that he can't play at all.

Grossman is getting no more criticism than any other first round quarterback draft choice that has had bad games. Rex thinks he’s had more hurdles or is viewed as more suspect than Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, or even Cade McNown? Rex needs to study his NFL history before he spouts this “I don’t get any respectâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 pm 

Quote:
Grossman has said he's his own worst critic, and he knows when he hasn't played well and never takes exception when it's pointed out. But he admitted that what bothers him is the perception in some places that he can't play at all.

If that's what he needs to believe get himself motivated, so be it.
The "we get no respect" card is the biggest cliche in sports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
hawkeye wrote:
On the defensive note, I re-watched the game today and was surprised at how meek and ineffective Danieal Manning was.

Hey Hawk !!! When you watched the tape of the Bears again did you see #54 in any of the frames?

Did not hear his named called at all last Sunday ..Hope that changes this weekend . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Hey Hawk !!! When you watched the tape of the Bears again did you see #54 in any of the frames?

Did not hear his named called at all last Sunday ..Hope that changes this weekend . .

One play does not a game make, but he had that great play downfield running stride for stride with Darrel Jackson to tip away a pass - great play in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
MUScholar21 wrote:
Quote:

One play does not a game make, but he had that great play downfield running stride for stride with Darrel Jackson to tip away a pass - great play in my opinion.

Are you referring to the one where he almost knocked an int out of his hands?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
On the defensive note, I re-watched the game today and was surprised at how meek and ineffective Danieal Manning was.

Did not hear his named called at all last Sunday ..Hope that changes this weekend . .[/quote]

Glad you asked. From what I saw overall, Briggs had the best game by far. Urlacher played decent and had some tackles and a few great coverage plays, but not what you'd expect from a defensive MVP. Hunter played well and got some nice tackles along with a great pass knockdown in coverage near the end of the game. Overall linebacker play would be a B or B- just because of how dominant they CAN be potentially. The two glaring holes I saw in the game was poor defensive tackle play and some bad safeties. They double teamed a lot on the tackles, but still not good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Nas, in Wednesday’s Sun Times, there was an article by Mulligan in which Rex complained. That was the reason this thread was started in the first place. You can still find the article online, but here are the pertinent passages:

I saw the article in the paper yesterday Coast. I was talking about before then. Most people would have said something a long time ago. The first time Cade was booed he had something to say about the fans. When I read the article I thought it was poor timing on his part though. He should never talk about something like that during the playoffs. I think someone said something to him and that’s why he answered questions about him the way he did during his interview yesterday.

What he said was retarded, IMO, but I don't think its fair to say or imply he has a history of saying this sort of retarded things (saying that you didn't see Jason Taylor or prepare for a game, on the other hand...). But, seriously Nas, most people would have said something earlier? Like when, when he was booed for sucking donkey cock in the preseason? People will call for the backup when you're unproven and the backup has a decent reputation. Prior to that, I don't recall him getting much criticism, except possibly the well-warranted concern that he was injury prone (which, obviously, was in no way voiced by the fans in attendance).

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?