It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:47 am 

I would like the Grossman bashers just to give Grossman credit on occasion, without all the caveats thrown in.

Mac on monday mentioned that Grossman had one good half. I don't agree with that but that one good half produced 21 points. When was the last time the Bears scored 21 points in a half of a playoff game? How many times have the Bears scored 21 points in a playoff game since 1985?

In my opinion Grossman might have been the MVP of the game. Our running game produced a grand total of 81 yards after the first drive. Our ball hawking defense produced one turnover and our special teams other than Robbie Gould were mediocre. But lets harp on the fact the Grossman was behind on a couple of throws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:08 am 

Quote:
Vinny Sutherland of Purdue.

Mac, I met Vinny Sutherland at a Purdue bar once, shortly after his final stint with the 9ers. Suffice it to say, I'm not surprised by his lack of NFL success.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I agree with the Dr. This Rex argument is out of hand. He has sucked and he has been great. He is the Bears QB and I'm not sure why Bears fans take joy in his failures. I want the Bears to win.

I'd also like to see him succeed so Matt can start a who was wrong thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:24 am 

Quote:
Matt do you watch football or do you just like to make outrageous statements? Rex=Orton? LMAO!

Where did I say Rex=Orton? You point was that Rex won a bunch of games, so how could anyone complain about him. My point was that, as Orton proved, people will complain about a shitty QB regardless of his winning percentage. Well, not all people, I suppose; there are still plenty of people who love the Culpeppers, Vicks, and Grossmans of the world.

Quote:
Culpepper is turnoverasaurus? LMAO! The guy has a career quarterback rating of 90.8.

Randy. Moss. Like I said, he can heave it. When Moss was consistently beating his man downfield, Culpepper was there to hit him for the TD. Not unlike Grossman, Culpepper isn't totally lacking for skills; he was in the extremely fortunate situation that his greatest strength could be emphasized to the point that his weaknesses were easily overlooked. Look at his last two seasons. Culpepper is garbage. Just you watch; his success in this league is done.

Quote:
Since it quite obvious you don't have any facts to back up your outrageous statements I will help you out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/465 ... YM4RL.uLYF

As you can see the guy has posted some great numbers. Look at his top 3 seasons. He has 97 touchdowns and 38 interceptions. I will take that any day of the week.

Of course you will; you've lowered your standards to the point where you believe Grossman is a good QB. For you, the ability to engineer a sustained drive consistently is secondary to the number in the TD column. ;)

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:29 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Matt, I enjoy your posts and fighting with Nas, but you basically did say that with this comment.

Quote:
The problem with Rex is that his peaks and valleys average out to an Ortonesque QB.

It's about as close as you could say Rex is Orton without actually saying it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 pm 

Quote:
Matt, did Culpepper throw all of his touchdowns to Moss? He had season where he had 30+ touchdowns.

And Moss caught a full 1/3 of them that season. Moss left, and he was exposed for the fraud he is. Every once in a while, a player lands in a situation where they appear to be far better than they are; a rare anomaly. I believe Culpepper and, to a lesser extent, Grossman, are good examples. Hilariously, Moss himself was somewhat exposed, only not as an outright fraud, but as a one-dimensional player who is worthless as tits on a bull without that one dimension. Don't look for Culpepper to ever "get it back," because he never had it. You can say what you like about my NFL analysis, but the fact of the matter is I knew Culpepper wasn't going anywhere with the Dolphins, whereas I thought Brees would significantly improve the Saints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Quote:
worthless as tits on a bull

I never knew tits were worthless. If they are good tits people will still stare at them for even on a bull they still are good tits. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:55 am 
1000 CLUB

I'll take Erik Kramer anyday over sexy Rexy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:11 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
Quote:
Matt, did Culpepper throw all of his touchdowns to Moss? He had season where he had 30+ touchdowns.

And Moss caught a full 1/3 of them that season. Moss left, and he was exposed for the fraud he is. Every once in a while, a player lands in a situation where they appear to be far better than they are; a rare anomaly. I believe Culpepper and, to a lesser extent, Grossman, are good examples. Hilariously, Moss himself was somewhat exposed, only not as an outright fraud, but as a one-dimensional player who is worthless as tits on a bull without that one dimension. Don't look for Culpepper to ever "get it back," because he never had it. You can say what you like about my NFL analysis, but the fact of the matter is I knew Culpepper wasn't going anywhere with the Dolphins, whereas I thought Brees would significantly improve the Saints.

Matt's right...it's no coincidence that as soon as Moss went to Oakland Andrew Walter became an All Pro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:12 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Quote:

I never knew tits were worthless. If they are good tits people will still stare at them for even on a bull they still are good tits. .

I prefer to say tits on a toad. Not only is it alliterative, but tits on a toad truly are worthless, as their underside touches the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
How about tits on a Teinowitz?

When Rex learns how to use the pocket, he will be an above average quarterback. He will never be a great quarterback, but what's wrong with that? Dante's an above average quarterback. You call him a fraud just because he benefited from Moss? If Peyton Manning were to struggle without Harrison, is he a fraud? There is an adjustment period a QB must go through when he loses a good WR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:51 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Have you ever gotten a good look at the luv-a-bulls? :lol: