It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:26 am 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
I cannot listen to this show for too long because one of their voices just grates on my nerves. I think it is Harry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:37 am 

Any incarnation of a show with Terry Boers other than the current one would be nautical leagues better than the one he is on now. Mac is probably the only other host who could wake him up from his on air naps and get him to contribute like he used to on HFC and the early days of B&B. However, Jurko playing off Boers wouldn't, in my opinion, work the same as Jurko playing off Harry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:56 am 

Quote:
(as far as I can remedially tell)
Anyone else agree?

Just this part.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am 

Actually for some reason decided to tune into the show during the long set of B&B comercials today. Baaaad decision. Popped in a CD until the clock hit 4. Honestly I don't have any clue how you guys stomach this show. Meathead Radio at its finest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:45 am 
1000 CLUB

...and why would the show be better then?

Instead of a blind homer / cup half full guy, you'd have a guy that is never wrong that doesn't appear to care for sports.

This is sports radio and not the bully pulpit you know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:04 am 
1000 CLUB

Thanks Beef, I can't believe no one brought up this point - Boers doesn't watch sports AT ALL; hell, he doesn't even hide it. You may not like Harry, but moving Boers into his seat is pointless.

Besides, there is no way the Score is breaking up their number one show, so this whole thread is moot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

MUScholar21 wrote:
Thanks Beef, I can't believe no one brought up this point - Boers doesn't watch sports AT ALL; hell, he doesn't even hide it. You may not like Harry, but moving Boers into his seat is pointless.

Besides, there is no way the Score is breaking up their number one show, so this whole thread is moot.

While I'm sure that most of these sportsradio types don't watch everything regarding sports - it's inexusable imho that Terry was emphatic that he didn't watch any of the World Series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:39 am 
1000 CLUB

You guys continue to live in the past. Yes, the Heavy Fuel Crew was outstanding. But Boers has turned into an angry, uncaring guy who hates callers (if not all people), says he doesn't like to watch sports and thus, mails it in regularly. He set sail for retirement several years ago. How are you so sure that Mac would suddenly turn him into the guy he used to be? Does Mac have magical powers to change others' personalities? Sure I think the show could be better with other guys in the H slot, but Boers? Reliving the past is nice for anniversary shows, but rarely does much for the present and future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Coast2Coast wrote:
You guys continue to live in the past. Yes, the Heavy Fuel Crew was outstanding. But Boers has turned into an angry, uncaring guy who hates callers (if not all people), says he doesn't like to watch sports and thus, mails it in regularly. He set sail for retirement several years ago. How are you so sure that Mac would suddenly turn him into the guy he used to be? Does Mac have magical powers to change others' personalities? Sure I think the show could be better with other guys in the H slot, but Boers? Reliving the past is nice for anniversary shows, but rarely does much for the present and future.

Terry had a bit of that in him back in the HFC days too C2C, but there were no other viable listening options - so we tolerated it.

I think as pointed out above, WSCR wouldn't want to lose any part of the Boers/Bernstein Show, as it's surpassed Pappy's Yakking as the most popular on the station.

I don't understand Terry on-air demeanor, as he seems to be a real friendly fellow when he's off the air - just a bit aloof. Perhaps he gets going a little and then Bernsie sprays lighter fluid on his simmering ambers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Silvy/Carm/Hood from 9-noon - then ESPN would have a couple of shows that wouldn't really miss a beat when any one person goes on vacation. Other than Jurko. You have to bring in Mills Lane as the 3rd wheel then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Crumbs Krause wrote:
Actually for some reason decided to tune into the show during the long set of B&B comercials today

You must love the movie 'Ground Hog Day ' , Crumbs.. Because that's what you get with the B&B show , the same thing everyday and predictable radio and a guy (in Boers) who could care-less about the world of sports.Your being cheated by a host who collects about $400,000 a year thumbing his nose at you and the listeners.

Lets break this down down ..

Caller, Hey Terry and Dan , thanks for taking my call, in Stead of letting Rex start the NFC Championship game , why not start Kyle Orton ?

Bernstien , It's going to be one of these days, Terry : They morons and ass cracks are out in full force today.

Caller: I mean if Rex sucks and throws 3 picks , why not bring in Orton ?

Bernstein : HA, HA , HA, HA, WHAT AN ASSWIPE..:Boers:asswipe

It's the same thing everyday . Let me guess what yesterday topics were on the B&B show ..Bashing Rex , another dumb and boring version of" Who you crappin " same callers and faxers and or say some nashing teeth over the Illini or the Bulls..

Fine , you enjoy radio for the stupid but I get a better bang for my buck down the dial.. If you LIKE B&B were Happy for you .I like Strawberry and you like vanilla .

See you at the MJH remote today Crumbs ..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:27 am 

why the !@#$ would any1 wanna listen to that cacklin' hag?!....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:27 am 

Coast2Coast wrote:
But Boers has turned into an angry, uncaring guy who hates callers (if not all people), says he doesn't like to watch sports and thus, mails it in regularly.

While I am a huge fan of Boers & Bernstein as presently constituted, I think there is a noticable change in Terry's demeanor when he is not paired with Dan. The shows he does with Matt are always much less confrontational and more upbeat. I know I am considered an apologist for enjoying the show now, but I do not think that is the simple yes man that he has been labled as.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Another 'Reunite the Heavy Fuel Crew' thread.

Great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
My thoughts exactly. Its about as bad as Rex threads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:36 am 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Krazy Ivan"]Another 'Reunite the Heavy Fuel Crew' thread.

Great.
[/quote]

While were at it , lets bring back Jiggets and North , The Bear and the Bull , Shaer and Memalo , Murph and Fred , Steve and Gary , Johnny B. and Buzz , Barski in the morning , Rover, Kevin Mathews..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:39 am 

Why not the Huge Show? While your at it bring back Spike. While were at it, how about a J Hood and Telander reunion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Just replace Harry with Hood. MJ & Hood seem to have good chemisty when on-air together. Harry's lame, predictable jokes and his constant knob gobbling are just too much. How he STILL has a job in Chicago sports radio is a mystery to me.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:58 am 
1000 CLUB

It's a fun thread but a thread that HAS been beaten to death already . I think I see this about every two weeks .

Let's face the fact and put this to bed. Harry is going no where and there is not going to be an HFC reunion and Boers and Bernstein are going no where either.

There are two radio stations in this town and I enjoy both of them when it fits my needs. I would not mind hearing a 3rd sports station in this town but untill I do I will enjoy what I've got now .

Now , I will prdict both scores of Sunday's games.

Bears - 27
Saints- 21

Colts - 34
Pats-28

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:05 am 

Bears 17
Saints 13

Colts 24
Pats 21

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:12 am 
1000 CLUB

The Bears and Patriots will win.

Dome teams suck outdoors in Conference championship games and the Patriots have NEVER lost an AFC Championship Game (5-0)

The total points scored this weekend will be 91. You do the math.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
I would not mind hearing a 3rd sports station in this town

Good God, no. You think there's thin talent on the air now, another station would water things down worse than Major League Baseball expansion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:44 am 

HFC ran it's course. Let it rest in peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:02 pm 

Yeah. If anything the stations need to be merged and then we could have a decent, all-day programming lineup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:10 pm 

I dont see why all the hate for Harry. He comes in prepared, something I cant say for Jurko. Harry might not be the best radio guy in the business, but I can name a dozen or more who I think are worse. Harry takes alot of crap for no reason and he for the most part has taken the heat better then alot of people would. I think Mac and Terry teamed together again it would be good, but Jurko would just be a 3rd wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
dear lord....
i'd rather watch that Celine Dion thing again than deal with another of these break up MJH threads.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:14 pm 

doug - evergreen park
Quote:
dear lord....
i'd rather watch that Celine Dion thing again than deal with another of these break up MJH threads.....

Bite your tounge!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:20 pm 

Quote:

You wouldn't say that if she was doing a Slipknot cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:26 pm 

I don't take Harry's sports knowledge seriously. I take him as a comedian who loves sports. You can't argue against his passion, even if it skews his opinions and makes him sound silly. I also think tension between Harry and Mac helps the chemistry of the show. The fact that so many people cry and bitch about Harry and his comments means they listen to the show, which is what the station wants. Kinda like Howard Stern, you listen because you wanna hear what Harry will say next, so it can aggravate you and make you call into the show or start threads on this site.