It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I apologi....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

It is with pure shame and embarrassment in which I post today.

I sucked. ABSOLUTELY sucked at the trivia contest at Shoeless Joe's last night.

I'm not a big trivia buff though....

I had NO idea what the score of the Bears victory over New Orleans was the last time the played in the playoffs... NONE whatsoever. Those were back in my prime drink until you blackout days.

I know Mongo played the most consecutive games in a Bears uniform, so I felt he was the safe bet for 'most playoff games played' - not Mark Bortz.

I choked on the last New Orleans QB to throw 3+ TDs in a game. Jurko said Bobby Hebert, so I went along with it. It was Aaron Brooks. A New Orleans expert I am not. (The guy I was up against lived in New Orleans for about ten years.... I wanna get Oliver Stone on this... as I think I was set up.)

The most completions/attempts/yards passing in the playoffs? Bad choice on my part. I didn't think McMahon played in that many playoff games as the guy always seemed hurt, and I knew Sid Luckman holds most of the Bears passing records. Even though I know there were nowhere near as many playoff games each year back then, I felt he had a much longer body of work, and I know the Bears were ALWAYS in the playoffs back then.

Which Bear defender had two interceptions in a playoff game. Total whiff on my part again. I thought for sure it was Leslie Frazier and when Jurko said the same name, I went along for the ride (buzzer sound)... it was Fencik.

Dan McNeil took great joy in hitting the buzzer sound whenever we were wrong. I could tell he was really enjoying himself. He looked like Ned Beatty wearing a beret backwards up there. I think the hat hid the horns that were sprouting out of his head with every question. I was busy looking around on the stage for the door in the floor, so I could hop down there, and escape out the back door of the joint. But much like Spinal Tap and much like my performance, I'd probably get lost.

Although I was publicly humiliated, I didn't need a $100 gift certificate to Alan Bros Meats. If anything I need to lose about 100 pounds of bone in filet.

....and I got skunked 0-5, whereas the guy I was up against got 4 of 5.

Then I come off the stage and get my nutsack kicked up into my larnyx by the many board members that were there. "We were shouting out the answers!!!!" (ya.. and I was wearing a headset looking like I was ready to take an order at a McDonald's drive through - but I would probably phuck that up too)

Anyways, it was very nice to meet a ton of new Redacted message board folks there. I'm still trying to figure out the stickmatch trick too. Nice to see Doug and Hawkeye wearing their caps with the little reservoir tip too. And Doug's new woman... WOW!

Sorry I let the message board down. I felt worse about that than losing to be honest with you. There's a reason I email in my thoughts to the show - I don't like being on the radio.

Funniest moment was my wife calling me telling me all these people are calling on the phone laughing at me. And then I call one of my buds up and I ask him some of the questions, and he got ALL of the questions right. Then he starts laughing calling me a dumb MFer and fesses up that he heard the whole thing on the radio.

I did see Harry's 6th inning question: What state do the New Orleans Saints come from. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I thought MJH was going to do a better job of screening those contestants!!!

In all fairness your questions were pretty hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Yeah I thought the questions were slanted for the Glencoe Foe....

I got the Mark Bortz question right though...maybe he should have picked me instead....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

Now that I think about it. Bortz was there with Mongo with all of thos Ditka playoff teams. But he hung around with Wannie for those 2 playoff games in 94 I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:15 am 

Well, your working the term "apoligi" into this redeems you in my opinion (and, let's face it, my opinion is what counts).

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Thanks Matt in the Crown, I can now get a good night's rest.

I just found this:

Most Games Played in a Bears Uniform - 191, Steve McMichael, 1981-93
Most Bear Playoff Game Appearances - 13, Mark Bortz, 1983-94

....so that one last year '94 killed me on that Bortz answer.

Career Playoff Passing Yards - 967, Jim McMahon, 1982-88
Playoff Game Passing Yards - 286, Sid Luckman, vs. Washington Redskins, 12/26/43

Playoff Passing Touchdowns
Career Passing Touchdowns - 9, Sid Luckman, 1939-50
Game Passing Touchdowns - 5, Sid Luckman, vs. Washington Redskins, 12/26/43

So I don't want to hear that the Sid Luckman answer was THAT far off. Hell, he threw for the most yards in a game, (when all they did back then was run the ball) - and he also threw for 5 TDs in a game.

Without cheating via google, etc, who has the most receptions for his career in the playoffs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:33 am 

Going to guess....Walter Payton?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Incorrect, and just to clarify on the question:

Without cheating via google, etc, who has the most receptions for his Bears career in the playoffs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
curtis conway, bobby engram, or ricky proehl?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
McKinnon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

You guys suck worse than me:

Career Receptions - 22, Tom Waddle,
Game Receptions - 9, Tom Waddle, vs. Dallas Cowboys, 12/29/91

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Waddle was the first to pop in my head. But I thought now way, too slow and too white so I went with Dennis.