It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:42 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I've lost seven pounds already this year because my current situation after surgery leaves me unable to get around and get food for myself. I am eating only what I am served and i have no other choice but to accept that.

Anyone looking to drop weight fast? I recommend getting busted in Kane County. You'll shed those pounds in no time.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=54630

:lol: Now that is shameless post promotion right there

:weelchairbb: :weelchairbb: :weelchairbb:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
NSJ wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
if you can eliminate bread, pasta, sugar, and caffeine, you'll drop pounds daily.

I've only had caffeine on that list this year and been following the Perricone diet. Did it last year and it has some pretty amazing results.

I've limited my diet to fish, vegies, fruit, yougurt . . . so far.

Because there is no sugar in fruit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
There most certainly is sugar in fruit. Its just not the processed cane sugar found in sodas and candy.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
my current situation after surgery

:shock: You're now a Mrs. Rozcrest?

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
good dolphin wrote:
As a cancer survivor, how could you possibly justify to yourself ever having a cigarette? The thought of even being around smokers would scare me.

1. I won't get it again.
2. I'm stupid.
3. You...All of you..are more likely to get cancer than I am.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
my current situation after surgery

:shock: You're now a Mrs. Rozcrest?

I was referring to the screw that was inserted into my foot. However, if you are familiar with the after effects of a sex change operation, please share.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
I substituted green tea for soda last January and have not had a drop of soda since. Though I do drink way too much hot tea on a daily basis for caffeine. I'm cutting out booze after this Saturday for approximately two months. If I can keep my usual 3-5 workouts per week, I should be happy with the results by late-March.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
As a cancer survivor, how could you possibly justify to yourself ever having a cigarette? The thought of even being around smokers would scare me.

1. I won't get it again.
2. I'm stupid.
3. You...All of you..are more likely to get cancer than I am.

Just curious how you can be so sure?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
redskingreg wrote:
NSJ wrote:
if you can eliminate bread, pasta, sugar, and caffeine, you'll drop pounds daily.

I've only had caffeine on that list this year and been following the Perricone diet. Did it last year and it has some pretty amazing results.

I've limited my diet to fish, vegies, fruit, yougurt . . . so far.

Because there is no sugar in fruit.

Blueberries, straberries, blackberries and rasberries are all part of the diet. No oranges, bananas, pineapple, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

based upon the Oncologist team statements, the type and levels of radiation and chemo I was given, and I've been in remission for 15 years. If Cancer were to come back, it would have done so in the first 5 years.
Plus, I just know...I can't really explain it. Sort of like how I knew I was going to survive.

Last edited by doug - evergreen park on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 pm 

RFDC wrote:

based upon the Oncologist team statements, the type and levels of radiation and chemo I was given, and I've in remission for 15 years. If Cancer were to come back, it would have done so in the first 5 years.
Plus, I just know...I can't really explain it. Sort of like how I knew I was going to survive.

Well thats awesome, I hope you are right.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

I thought that pretty much all men get prostate cancer if they live long enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:43 pm 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Weight loss is contingent upon your individual metabolism, as well. While TM's plan may have worked for him, that doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Eating smaller meals throughout the day, for example, works better for me than starving myself in the morning/afternoon followed by a hefty dinner at night.

usually the opposite is recommended. but no one ever needs to eat as much (quantity at one time i mean) as their body tells them to. a lot of times when you get hunger pangs, just drinking water is sufficient. eating smaller portions and more frequently is always better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Sumo Wrestlers get to the size they do by eating nothing or very very little during the day, and gorging themselves at night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I thought that pretty much all men get prostate cancer if they live long enough.

I'll be dead before that happens... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
W_Z wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Weight loss is contingent upon your individual metabolism, as well. While TM's plan may have worked for him, that doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Eating smaller meals throughout the day, for example, works better for me than starving myself in the morning/afternoon followed by a hefty dinner at night.

usually the opposite is recommended. but no one ever needs to eat as much (quantity at one time i mean) as their body tells them to. a lot of times when you get hunger pangs, just drinking water is sufficient. eating smaller portions and more frequently is always better.

That's effectively what I do, eating a couple pieces of fruit and snack bars throughout the day with a larger meal at night.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:

based upon the Oncologist team statements, the type and levels of radiation and chemo I was given, and I've been in remission for 15 years. If Cancer were to come back, it would have done so in the first 5 years.

I'd never sufficiently comfortable to openly test the odds.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

There is no way you could know what you would do. It completely changed my perspective on life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
4 lbs so far. I cut out soda and sweets, and I pushed my fat ass away from the table after eating smaller portions. :D
I will start the exercising once I am not so damn cranky from lack of food.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 pm 

Anyone had any success with weight watchers? My wife asked me to start doing this with her starting on Monday.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:
Anyone had any success with weight watchers? My wife asked me to start doing this with her starting on Monday.

Yes, I lost 30 lbs on WW but I didnt really enjoy it. You become a slave to the points system and it doesnt build healthy eating habits. I just found ways to try to scam the points system so I could still eat bad food. You do lose weight though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:
If you follow the program(obviously) it's the best thing you can do. I highly recommend it no matter how much you want to lose. I lost weight on it and I wasn't even the one going to meetings.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Did she buy you mom jeans to go with that?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: No she just got him these

https://www.pajamajeans.com/flare/next

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:07 pm 

Phil McCracken wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: No she just got him these

https://www.pajamajeans.com/flare/next

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
If you follow the program(obviously) it's the best thing you can do. I highly recommend it no matter how much you want to lose. I lost weight on it and I wasn't even the one going to meetings.

Good to know. I don't think we are going to do the whole meeting thing, but just utilize the online tools.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:20 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Good to know. I don't think we are going to do the whole meeting thing, but just utilize the online tools.
The meeting thing works much better FYI. You have to have a ton of self control to do the online only version but it would help if you had someone else doing it with you.

Without the meetings, you could get roughly the same result from eating 2,000-2,300 calories for a man and around 1,600 to 1,800 for a woman, cutting out useless things in food as much as possible such as canola oil(replace with olive oil) and exercising 30 minutes a day 3 days a week.

They have a newer system now but the biggest thing that we learned was that even when we ate healthy things like chicken that we were eating a much larger portion than we needed. What is good about the meetings is that you get a lot of other good ideas similar to attending a class.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Let me save everybody the money on weightwatchers and all the other BS: Make a fist,that is the size of the amount of food you should eat. I have been battling weight issues for some time. As mentioned before,I replaced pasta with a large bowl of vegetables with ketchup on it. I love green peppers & onions,so that isn't a problem. When I eat fast food,I go to a place that serves green pepper sandwich's instead of a beef. It is an ongoing battle. I have cheated a lot,but I need to lose the weight or face more health issues then I already have. As far as exercise,that needs to improve for me in 2011. I HATE exercise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
jimmypasta wrote:
Let me save everybody the money on weightwatchers and all the other BS: Make a fist,that is the size of the amount of food you should eat. I have been battling weight issues for some time. As mentioned before,I replaced pasta with a large bowl of vegetables with ketchup on it. I love green peppers & onions,so that isn't a problem. When I eat fast food,I go to a place that serves green pepper sandwich's instead of a beef. It is an ongoing battle. I have cheated a lot,but I need to lose the weight or face more health issues then I already have. As far as exercise,that needs to improve for me in 2011. I HATE exercise.

jimmyketchupandveggies

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jimmy brings up a good point. You do need to "cheat" every so often. In junior college, I was up around 240 and got down to about 190 (220ish now). I walked 3 miles 4 days a week and cut out almost all the junk food-- except on Fridays. Dinner on Friday was whatever I felt like. As I got into it, I found that I didn't really eat junk food then either, but at least I knew that if I really wanted cheeseburger or something, I could do so on Fridays.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next