It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
you're 220ish Frank? I never would have guessed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The meeting thing works much better FYI. You have to have a ton of self control to do the online only version but it would help if you had someone else doing it with you.

Without the meetings, you could get roughly the same result from eating 2,000-2,300 calories for a man and around 1,600 to 1,800 for a woman, cutting out useless things in food as much as possible such as canola oil(replace with olive oil) and exercising 30 minutes a day 3 days a week.

They have a newer system now but the biggest thing that we learned was that even when we ate healthy things like chicken that we were eating a much larger portion than we needed. What is good about the meetings is that you get a lot of other good ideas similar to attending a class.

We would both actually prefer to attend a meeting, but it just is not going to work. There is only one meeting in our area and it meets on a night when my wife usually works and when my daughter has basketball practice. So we will try to make the best of the online stuff.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: Did you think that number was low or high?

I haven't been on a scale in weeks, but last time I was just under 220

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Yeah, I'm with Doug (at least I think I am)...I would have guessed quite a bit less...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
lipidquadcab wrote:
Yeah, I'm with Doug (at least I think I am)...I would have guessed quite a bit less...

Well, I agree with Lipid :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
In my opinion, one of the best things you can do to lose weight is to weigh yourself at the same time everyday. Nothing motivates so well as the scale.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Tall Midget wrote:
In my opinion, one of the best things you can do to lose weight is to weigh yourself at the same time everyday. Nothing motivates so well as the scale.

+235

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Tall Midget wrote:

agreed...i can tell how much beer i drank the night before.

i figured Frank for a solid 185...he carries 220 quite well. :eye:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Anyone had any success with weight watchers? My wife asked me to start doing this with her starting on Monday.

The best thing it teaches is portion control. I used it a long time ago as a start when I dropped 70 lbs (285 -> 215). I don't follow the program anymore but remember the principles it teaches.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:18 pm 

I've lost the 5 lbs I gained when i was laid up with surgery. 225 today, aiming for 215 by Easter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Anyone had any success with weight watchers? My wife asked me to start doing this with her starting on Monday.

The best thing it teaches is portion control. I used it a long time ago as a start when I dropped 70 lbs (285 -> 215). I don't follow the program anymore but remember the principles it teaches.

If you are going to do weight watchers....for the love....never refer to food as "points" around other people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:20 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
RFDC wrote:

If you are going to do weight watchers....for the love....never refer to food as "points" around other people.

Especially if you have a fucking penis.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
I've lost the 5 lbs I gained when i was laid up with surgery. 225 today, aiming for 215 by Easter.

I just came home from the gym, and weighed myself....I was at 217.4....I officially began my diet on December 6, and I was at 225, so I am down 7.6...and I just started doing cardio two weeks ago....trying to get to 205 by end of this month, and would like to be between 195-200 (along with the body of an Adonis, right?) by the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
Stop fucking bragging! I'm trying to fuck 4 girls at once here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Baracco's
Okay, fitness friends, started around Thanksgiving at 260. 243 today. Here's hoping that being off the road in the next six or so weeks should help with actually getting my fat ass to the gym. Oddly, Stephanie Izard of Top Chef Chicago fame works ot at the place I work out at. Every time I see her there all I can think of is some major dietary infraction like Robuchon style mashed potatoes or just pizza.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: *
W_Z wrote:
Free Ajent wrote:
Stop fucking bragging! I'm trying to fuck 4 girls at once here!

:lol:
Well not technically all "at once" and factually speaking it's only 3 right now, i'm working on the 4th.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
What are your guys' thoughts on BMI, body frame, or "suggested weight"?

I'm 5'10", 175lbs. Not a big guy by any means (as many of you know). For those of you who haven't met me, I am similar in body structure to W_Z, just without the muscles. However, I am considered "overweight" due to my BMI (which is 25.25).

I dunno... I would like to lose some weight to get back to a 32-inch waistline, but I don't really consider myself "overweight".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:31 am 

I think BMI is a guide but not a be all end all. If you start to build muscle, muscle weighs more than fat. I think using a waist line is a good guide. Just remember they would call Brian Urlacher Obese with a BMI of over 30.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Gem City
My Coach Vinny wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
if you can eliminate bread, pasta, sugar, and caffeine, you'll drop pounds daily.

caffiene?

Really?

I thought the opposite

Not sure on details, but I believe it jacks with you insulin levels getting in the way of normal metabolism. I'm sure the board doctors will explain in more intelligently.

A study published in the journal Physiology & Behavior shows that coffee drinkers have a 16 percent higher metabolic rate than those who abstain or drink decaf joe, because caffeine increases your heart rate and stimulates your central nervous system.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:19 am 

I think of the most important keys to losing weight is drinking water.....and more water....and more water.....

I hate water, but I know it helps a great deal because it allows your body to release the water that it is holding.

I force myself to drink about 4 of those 16.9 bottles a day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:21 am 

Its not the drinking water that bothers me it is the getting up 18 times in an hour to go take a piss that bothers me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:
Its not the drinking water that bothers me it is the getting up 18 times in an hour to go take a piss that bothers me.

Keep an empty milk jug by your desk and just use that. Dump it down the sink a few times a day. You dont have to get up and you save water. Win win.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:31 am 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Keep an empty milk jug by your desk and just use that. Dump it down the sink a few times a day. You dont have to get up and you save water. Win win.

Yep Agreed with you both, especially since the bathrooms at my job are the worst.

But it has to be done....and it can't be flavored water, or carbonated water ...it has to be "water" water...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
I'm 5'10", 175lbs.
I dunno... I would like to lose some weight to get back to a 32-inch waistline, but I don't really consider myself "overweight".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:51 am 

spmack wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yep Agreed with you both, especially since the bathrooms at my job are the worst.

But it has to be done....and it can't be flavored water, or carbonated water ...it has to be "water" water...

It can be flavored - nothing wrong with squeezing a lemon in your water.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 am 

You're right Vince....I guess what I should have said was for best results, drink pure water.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm 

1. Constantly drinking water is by far the best thing a person can do to lose an initial amount of weight. Not sure it would work over the long term for someone trying to lose the massive amounts of weight, but keep drinking water.
If you "have to get up 18 times to pee", but you complain about it - even though the point is to lose weight - I think you've got the wrong mindset.

2. Drink all the cafeine drinks you want - as long as they are sugar free and you're not adding anything else to it that increases the claoric value of that drink. Just maintain the water intake....and maintain the other areas of your weight loss program. Many times a person feels more tired when they are losing weight - the caffeine helps that obviously.

3. Increase the amount of fresh vegetables and fruit - they work much better than canned veggies/fruit, plus those often have added salt/sugar.

4-10. And finally......sure to go over like a lead balloon with this crowd - cut out the alcohol. All types of alcohol work against you if you are trying to lose weight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
spmack wrote:
I hate water, but I know it helps a great deal because it allows your body to release the water that it is holding.

How can you hate water? How is that even possible?

do you hate air too?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:27 pm 

shakes wrote:
spmack wrote:

do you hate air too?

I hate water so much I could probably play on your hockey team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:29 pm 

spmack wrote:
shakes wrote:
spmack wrote:

do you hate air too?

I hate water so much I could probably play on your hockey team.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next