It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:39 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
I blew it in November and December and ate everything bad: pizza, wings, bugers, gyros, pasta, tacos, burritos, and frequented Arby's, McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Buffalo Wild Wings on a daily basis. Not to mention, I drank a ton. Between Christmas and New Year's, I was drinking all day every day.

My wife said I was the heaviest I've ever been. We went skiing over the break and my Under Armour was tight as shit. My T-shirts were painted on me and I had damn near close to a double chin.

The first week of the New Year, I made it three days eating super healthy, good food, but kept drinking heavily. In week 2, I went right back to all of the bad shit.

We hosted a party on Saturday night and I was drinking tequila until 2am. Woke up on Sunday hung over as hell and had to drink Sunday night because I was still hurting.

I woke up Monday morning and decided to make a change. I haven't had a drink since Sunday. That's probably not that a big of deal for some, but for me it would be the equivalent of a heavy smoker saying he hasn't had a drag in three days.

I've been following the Perricone diet again which in my form is:

Breakfast
Fat free yougurt
Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and rasberries
Egg white scrambled eggs

Lunch
Spring mix, spinach, tomatos, carrots, egg whites, cucumbers, a bit of feta cheese, tuna, oil and vinager.

Snack
Almonds, Apple

Dinner
Fish (tuna, salmon, halibut, swordfish)
Salad
Vegetable

Drinking tons of water and not eating sweets (which I'm not big on anyway)

I haven't been on a scale and I won't until I'm fairly confident I'm around 200, but I bet I'm at least 210 right now. I need to get down to about 175 - 180 to feel good.

Next step is get back to working out which includes tennis and paddle tennis.

I'm convinced that I can do it. If I can stay away from drinking, avoid drive thrus, and get some physical activity, it will happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Why are you posting this?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:42 am 

Why do you ask?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 am 

Nice job NSJ. It's always a good thing to take an inventory of the amount that you are drinking before it becomes an issue you can't control.

I would recommend that once you decide to start drinking again that you set some guidelines where you can and can't drink.
Examples like this:
Only on weekends.
Only with more than one person.
Only during games where NU basketball is up by 10 points or more.
No more than 4 a night and/or 10 a week.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 am 

For those of you who have done weight watchers, how important is it to use all your points in a day? My wife is irritated at me saying that if I want the program to work I need to use all my points for the day. The last 2 days I have been about 10-15 points shy of using all of them. I have been eating a lot of fruit that has no points and drinking a lot of water.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 am 

RFDC wrote:
For those of you who have done weight watchers, how important is it to use all your points in a day? My wife is irritated at me saying that if I want the program to work I need to use all my points for the day. The last 2 days I have been about 10-15 points shy of using all of them. I have been eating a lot of fruit that has no points and drinking a lot of water.

You're on a diet!! For chrissakes, eat more!!

:P

Last edited by Douchebag on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Tell your wife she would look a lot better a lot sooner if she didn't use her points either.

And then enjoy sleeping on the couch :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:

When I first started I calculated the points wrong and was shorting myself 4 or points each day. It didnt make a difference at all and that was back when fruit was points.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:49 am 

RFDC wrote:
A few points isn't a big deal. 10-15 might be a little bit much because you won't be living the rest of your life eating celery and water.

One of the keys is being well balanced too. We found that the program worked better when the dairy requirement was hit. The grocery store is filled with great options that cost 1-5 points for this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
From what I remember years ago you could bank points from each day and use them like on a Sat night and eat whatever you wanted.

Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
A few points isn't a big deal. 10-15 might be a little bit much because you won't be living the rest of your life eating celery and water.

One of the keys is being well balanced too. We found that the program worked better when the dairy requirement was hit. The grocery store is filled with great options that cost 1-5 points for this.

Here is an example of my menu on Monday:

Breakfast:

3 slices of bacon
2 eggs
2 pieces of wheat toast
1 cup of hashbrowns
1 cup of orange juice

Lunch:

Banana
Some grapes

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:

5 oz. Ham
Green beans
1 cup of noodles
2 cups of 2% milk

I think at the end of the day I had 12 points left.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 am 
100000 CLUB

More bacon!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
My $.02...

Make small changes in diet. Eat a lot of the same stuff just prepared differently, whole/clean foods where you can and less processed stuff. Don't eat until you are stuffed or uncomfortable eat til you aren't hungry anymore. Gradually start and increase fitness levels and change them every few months. It helped me to change my attitude from losing weight/being thin to being healthy. I still have my fair share of junk but I don't feel guilty and weight doesn't fluctuate.

RFDC, you need protein in your lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 am 

Spaulding wrote:
RFDC, you need protein in your lunch.

I was not hungry after having a pretty big breakfast for me. So I should eat some protein whether I am hungry or not?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Two words:

Binge. Purge.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 am 

Yes I'd say cut down your breakfast and eat more at lunch.

breakfast eggs hasbrowns fruit and juice

lunch blt sandwich & fruit sides

snack fruit or veggie with nuts or peanut butter or cheese

dinner looks okay but maybe a little heavy on noodles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Everyone seems to be trying to just lose weight. I think I am going to try to put on some lean mass. I'm kinda bored with my usual workout so I think I will try to put on around 5 lbs of muscle while losing 10 lbs of fat for a net loss of 5 lbs. I'm going for the football white safety look. I will give myself 6-8 weeks depending on when I start to plateau with my lifting. The bitch of it is that I want to do sprint and interval workouts but the snow outside is saying I probably can only do basic distance running. I hit the squat rack today so my legs are going to be sore as fuck for the next 2 days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:24 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Everyone seems to be trying to just lose weight. I think I am going to try to put on some lean mass. I'm kinda bored with my usual workout so I think I will try to put on around 5 lbs of muscle while losing 10 lbs of fat for a net loss of 5 lbs. I'm going for the football white safety look. I will give myself 6-8 weeks depending on when I start to plateau with my lifting. The bitch of it is that I want to do sprint and interval workouts but the snow outside is saying I probably can only do basic distance running. I hit the squat rack today so my legs are going to be sore as fuck for the next 2 days.

Why not do interval work on the treadmill? That is one thing it is good for.

Also, are you going low rep, high weight right now? Maybe you need to change it up and build some muscle endurance and go lower weight high reps. I've done this before and it's leaned me out. Honestly, to both lost fat and gain muscle are tough to do at the same time.

Last edited by Hawkeye Vince on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
NSJ, sounds like you need rehab more than a diet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:30 am 

If you are in pretty good shape then yeah I'd try doing something different. Something like HV said or a kettlebell type or circuit type workout. Alternate between a strength exercise and an aerobic exercise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero

I will have the best body among the fellas here at the CSFMB by June.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Only during games where NU basketball is up by 10 points or more.

So quit drinking all together? :D

Spaulding wrote:
My $.02...

Make small changes in diet. Eat a lot of the same stuff just prepared differently, whole/clean foods where you can and less processed stuff. Don't eat until you are stuffed or uncomfortable eat til you aren't hungry anymore. Gradually start and increase fitness levels and change them every few months. It helped me to change my attitude from losing weight/being thin to being healthy. I still have my fair share of junk but I don't feel guilty and weight doesn't fluctuate.

You're two cents is quite valuable. That is excellent advice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

I prefer the approach you describe above, but in my experience it requires more time than I am currently able to spend on exercise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: ------
I'm going for the football white safety look.

You are already ahead of Adam Archuleta on the depth chart

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Much like NSJ, I let the booze get the better of me pretty much since
Thanksgiving. Starting this week I will not drink Monday through Friday
at all and get to the gym much more consistiently. These next 3 months are
a perfect time to right the ship so to speak and get fit and healthy for when
the weather finally breaks. I started at 253 last year. I am currently tipping
the scales at 237. Final goal to reach by end of March Madness is 210.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
It has been less than a month since I started working out again, and I am trying to lose 15 pounds by April. This stuff is NOT easy. I'm still hovering around the weight I started at January 1st.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
It has been less than a month since I started working out again, and I am trying to lose 15 pounds by April. This stuff is NOT easy. I'm still hovering around the weight I started at January 1st.

You are also a smaller guy which is going to make 15 harder to reach. Set some interim goals for Feb 1, March 1 etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Much like NSJ, I let the booze get the better of me pretty much since
Thanksgiving.

I stopped drinking for about 10 days a year ago and lost 8 lbs immediately.

Started drinking heavily again and put it all back on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Yeah, I'd expect that I'll see a nice spike downwards the first week or two and then
reality will set in that it is going to take plain hard work to get the rest off in the gym.
I'll agree that not drinking eliminates an awful lot of calories.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Not drinking also eliminates an awful lot of fun!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 756 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next