It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mackey No Happy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Cuda wrote:
Well Mac keeps referring to "The Audition". Does anyone here believe he signed a 1 year deal? I don't, but I could be wrong. My thought is that they let him pick his guy and if the ratings aren't there in a year things will change. Either they tell Mac to pick someone else OR they tell him who he is picking.
Of course I could be way off.

I doubt Mac only signed a one-year deal, but I'm convinced he's earning about a fraction what he was earning down the dial at ESPN Radio before local bosses decided to remove him after a Friday show last January. I doubt seriously, Cuda, that we'll ever really know how long Mac signed for. Terms for radio & TV talent I think is kinda vague, only because "terms were not disclosed".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:03 am 
1000 CLUB

Why wouldn't the score offer a shorter deal, they had no competition for his services. So far, the results can't be that pleasing to them. Numbers are mediocre at best and the show basically stinks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
... Although, Mac has said that his ratings have thus far outpaced what Murph and Holmes & Hampton did.

I'm impressed by the parade of hatred, here. Outside of hating Spiegel 9-1 and noting he was great on Hit & Run, does anyone have thoughts on the WHY and WHAT? Is it Spiegel? Is it Mac?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Allegro con Pizza
Exclamation Moint wrote:
OPV doesn't deserve my wrath. He's a symptom. But screw him anyway. Have the sac to use your real name. Yeah, I realize the irony of saying that a message board. Radio is a different animal, but anyway...

What'll be the difference between Spiegel and OPV? Another guy with meatball opinions who owes his broadcasting career to Mac. Maybe he's smarter or smoother. The flawed dynamic is the same. I don't want someone who feels the need to defer to someone's purported "dangerous talk."

Mac, Even though you helped him along in his career, Bernstein doesn't feel the need to kiss your ring, which is probably why you get fussy and need your juice halfway through transition some days.

That smarmy sycophant Teddy Greenstein isn't the answer either. Mac, you've become fond of saying fond "we're all whores." Speak for yourself. Do what you have to do to keep your access and your perk. Have your guests refer to you as * Danny Mac *. Protect your brand just like your protege does.

So... hey buddy, since you emulate his used car salesman so much, live up to the silly nickname given to you by that tranny Coppock. Be dangerous. Lovie Smith and Ron Turner don't commit to the run? Wow. They must be shitting in their pants, Edward R. Murrow.

Time to get solution-oriented. Now... if Mitch will have you back next spring, let him pick your partner or show some grapes yourself & pick someone who will honestly disagree with you, maybe even someone smarter than you. You can do it. You don't have to lose to a sports radio show that plays in the waiting rooms of hospices.

Tell me where to get off. I'm cool with it. Just know that we can hear something loud and clear listening to the four hours of AM radio that bear your name: you don't like your partner. You don't respect him or his ideas for the show. You've grown complacent. And yet you seem to have no new ideas yourself. Prove me wrong or keep staring into the fleshy face of regret, from which no light escapes.

Great post EM, chockful of spot-on moints.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
For those wondering Magnus is not Moint. But they could be bedmates! Not that there is anything wrong with that!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: ***
Exclamation Moint wrote:
OPV doesn't deserve my wrath. He's a symptom. But screw him anyway. Have the sac to use your real name. Yeah, I realize the irony of saying that a message board. Radio is a different animal, but anyway...

What'll be the difference between Spiegel and OPV? Another guy with meatball opinions who owes his broadcasting career to Mac. Maybe he's smarter or smoother. The flawed dynamic is the same. I don't want someone who feels the need to defer to someone's purported "dangerous talk."

Mac, Even though you helped him along in his career, Bernstein doesn't feel the need to kiss your ring, which is probably why you get fussy and need your juice halfway through transition some days.

That smarmy sycophant Teddy Greenstein isn't the answer either. Mac, you've become fond of saying fond "we're all whores." Speak for yourself. Do what you have to do to keep your access and your perk. Have your guests refer to you as * Danny Mac *. Protect your brand just like your protege does.

So... hey buddy, since you emulate his used car salesman so much, live up to the silly nickname given to you by that tranny Coppock. Be dangerous. Lovie Smith and Ron Turner don't commit to the run? Wow. They must be shitting in their pants, Edward R. Murrow.

Time to get solution-oriented. Now... if Mitch will have you back next spring, let him pick your partner or show some grapes yourself & pick someone who will honestly disagree with you, maybe even someone smarter than you. You can do it. You don't have to lose to a sports radio show that plays in the waiting rooms of hospices.

Tell me where to get off. I'm cool with it. Just know that we can hear something loud and clear listening to the four hours of AM radio that bear your name: you don't like your partner. You don't respect him or his ideas for the show. You've grown complacent. And yet you seem to have no new ideas yourself. Prove me wrong or keep staring into the fleshy face of regret, from which no light escapes.

Disoriented, but highly accurate.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beebo wrote:
... Although, Mac has said that his ratings have thus far outpaced what Murph and Holmes & Hampton did. ?

Mac is full of shit again, as usual.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
......followed by some nonsensical prattle...

wow! awfully good!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:50 am 

The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Screw Oak Park Vandy. If you post here, OPV, eat me. You haven't paid your dues. Get in line, bitch. Cut your teeth co-hosting with some turd like Rotewald or Grote or see if Spada will let you share his mic and dick with Robocop Thornton. PERIOD.

From out of nowhere, OPV takes a shot from the book depository.

I'll bet Speigs was in the grassy knoll or down in the street sewer!