It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Listening to AM1000 this morning. Murph likes the Maddon move and is onboard with Theo's statement on what's best for the organization. I see the move as making a split between Theo and everybody with the Cubs who work for him (if there wasn't one already!) He does a lot of stuff on the sneak. Like the time Dempster was in the room while they tried to move him.

ATTN JORR,BR,GD: Is it wrong for a Cub fan to be angry a man was lied to about job security?
A few months after my raise,I was fired,then of course I died a week later. Hopefully, Ricky handles it better than me!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
No, jimmy. You're right. The tired excuse of "That's just business" is simply a justification for horrible behavior. No different from me sticking my gun in your ribs and saying "I've gotta get mine" or sticking my dick in your wife and saying, "It's just pussy."

I'm very disappointed in the callousness of Cub fans. Poor Darkside has a heart that is two sizes two small. "He deserved better". What a crock of shit! If he deserved better, and you were in the position of being able to treat him better and failed to do so, what the fuck does that make you? A complete and utter douchebag.

Thanks for being a Cub fan with a heart and soul, jimmy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
If I don't switch to the Sox after this, I never will. At one time in my life,I did like the Sox. The Chuck Tanner years. That was a great colorful group of players.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:16 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The tired excuse of "That's just business" is simply a justification for horrible behavior. No different from me sticking my gun in your ribs and saying "I've gotta get mine" or sticking my dick in your wife and saying, "It's just pussy."

Completely agree. No difference between the scenarios.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Don't worry, spanky. It's just business.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:45 am 

next time i get fired from a job and i still get paid everything i was promised ill let you idiots know. it will be awhile.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:49 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
next time i get fired from a job and i still get paid everything i was promised ill let you idiots know. it will be awhile.

You want to be robbed at gunpoint? It's the same thing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:04 am 
Site Admin

spanky wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

You want to be robbed at gunpoint? It's the same thing.

We're not all in the same business.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
jimmypasta wrote:
Listening to AM1000 this morning. Murph likes the Maddon move and is onboard with Theo's statement on what's best for the organization. I see the move as making a split between Theo and everybody with the Cubs who work for him (if there wasn't one already!) He does a lot of stuff on the sneak. Like the time Dempster was in the room while they tried to move him.

ATTN JORR,BR,GD: Is it wrong for a Cub fan to be angry a man was lied to about job security?
A few months after my raise,I was fired,then of course I died a week later. Hopefully, Ricky handles it better than me!

Jimmy, as a lifelong diehard suffering Cubs fan, would you prefer the incompetent & passive Cubs management from years past? Why are you so concerned about Ricky? You realize that he will get his full salary, right? For the love of God, the Cubs cant put one mans job ahead of an entire organizatoin & fan base.

When the Cubs win the World Series you will be sitting on the bandwagon right next to me!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
This has reached epic levels of ridiculousness.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Scorehead wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Jimmy, as a lifelong diehard suffering Cubs fan, would you prefer the incompetent & passive Cubs management from years past? Why are you so concerned about Ricky? You realize that he will get his full salary, right? For the love of God, the Cubs cant put one mans job ahead of an entire organizatoin & fan base.

When the Cubs win the World Series you will be sitting on the bandwagon right next to me!

Yeah jimmy, just look at all the rings Maddon has won for fucks sake!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:37 am 

Darkside wrote:

I feel like there is still some room to grow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:40 am 

Just win baby! (no, too cliched and dated)
Just win now (no, not really. Maybe not lose so much anymore)
Just want to win, suckers (that addresses too many who might think that means now).
Just want what we want (Ok, truthful but Joe doesn't like it)
Just win* (simple, elegant, and timeless).

*Anytime AFTER we've made a substantial ROI and after we've gotten all that we can get for the family trust.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Darkside wrote:

They don't even believe what they're saying.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
jimmypasta wrote:
If I don't switch to the Sox after this, I never will. At one time in my life,I did like the Sox. The Chuck Tanner years. That was a great colorful group of players.

Please Note: We are not approving the JimmyPasta for Dan Bernstein trade. However, Jimmy is free to leave.

The 'It's just business" that Theo used, that many Sox fans have some how come to equate to Jerry ripping off the state of Illinois, once again Theo is saying it wasnt fair and I am pretty sure Ricky got a nice big check.

NOTE: Anyone wants to fuck me over and give me a $4 mill check to leave and do nothing, please present me the offer. My feelings will be OK. :D I will buy new ones.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
bigfan wrote:
NOTE: Anyone wants to fuck me over and give me a $4 mill check to leave and do nothing, please present me the offer. My feelings will be OK. :D I will buy new ones.

My guy!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:00 am 

bigfan wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Please Note: We are not approving the JimmyPasta for Dan Bernstein trade. However, Jimmy is free to leave.

The 'It's just business" that Theo used, that many Sox fans have some how come to equate to Jerry ripping off the state of Illinois, once again Theo is saying it wasnt fair and I am pretty sure Ricky got a nice big check.

Post of the year candidate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
bigfan wrote:

Bingo.

Ricky is not a 12 year old.

I will now hang up and wait for the next 7 Cub threads.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Darkside wrote:

Yeah wow. Everyone has been arguing for the Cubs to win now (against my long term vision). Then when they make a bold step, they get ripped by the guys who wanted them to waste $100M per year on free agents for the past three years. Funny stuff indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Darkside wrote:

Agreed.

Call us when the great Joe Maddon wins his first World Series.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Darkside wrote:

Agreed.

95% of it on this board is from Sox fans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:32 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Agreed.

95% of it on this board is from Sox fans.

I'm embarrassed for them. Self-awareness is not in abundance on the South side.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:37 am 
Site Admin

I'm choosing to ignore the emotional screeds of both Cub and Sox fans (especially the Cub fans controlling Chicago sports radio) on the subject of Ricky "Raw Deal" Renteria, and instead will listen to the large amount of baseball executives who are saying that it was a classless/unethical maneuver by Theo Epstein, Joe Maddon, and the Cubs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I'm choosing to ignore the emotional screeds of both Cub and Sox fans (especially the Cub fans controlling Chicago sports radio) on the subject of Ricky "Raw Deal" Renteria, and instead will listen to the large amount of baseball executives who are saying that it was a classless/unethical maneuver by Theo Epstein, Joe Maddon, and the Cubs.

The majority of whom would have made the same exact move if presented with the options Epstein were given.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:50 am 
Site Admin

lipidquadcab wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The majority of whom would have made the same exact move if presented with the options Epstein were given.

Do you really believe that? Why didn't the Cardinals go after him? Don't they want to win? No, they're smart enough to know they already have a manager and managers make very little difference. Generally, you don't fire a manager for being "bad", you fire him because the team is bad and you can't fire the players.

And the very same statistics that Maddon and Epstein are lauded for using (as if everyone else is a fucking dunderhead) expressly tell you that Maddon makes no difference. Oh, the irony!

Finally, I'm fairly confident that you as a Cardinal fan aren't trembling in fear based upon the signing of Joe Maddon. Right?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:56 am 

Look at the winning World Series managers over the last 20 years. Interesting that there are no randoms thrown in there. All are highly respected baseball people.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Exactly IMU. Ricky was not the guy to guide us to the World Series. All these "offended" folks are the same ones saying the Cubs strategy is wrong. So they go out and get one of the best managers in the game, and now they find a new line of attack against Theo.

I think we all feel bad for Ricky, but the Cubs are doing what it takes to build a winner.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:05 am 

denisdman wrote:
Exactly IMU. Ricky was not the guy to guide us to the World Series. All these "offended" folks are the same ones saying the Cubs strategy is wrong. So they go out and get one of the best managers in the game, and now they find a new line of attack against Theo.

I think we all feel bad for Ricky, but the Cubs are doing what it takes to build a winner.

I don't waste time feeling sorry for millionaires.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:17 am 
Site Admin

immessedup17 wrote:
Look at the winning World Series managers over the last 20 years. Interesting that there are no randoms thrown in there. All are highly respected baseball people.

Now there's a chicken and an egg argument if I ever heard one. Are you saying Renteria isn't highly respected? Because if that's your take, Epstein should be fired immediately for hiring him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
immessedup17 wrote:

Now there's a chicken and an egg argument if I ever heard one. Are you saying Renteria isn't highly respected? Because if that's your take, Epstein should be fired immediately for hiring him.

Why would Ricky be highly respected as a manager? You have to prove yourself to become highly respected. He had one year. It was a good year for a first time manager, but he didn't set the world on fire. He didn't lead a team of overachievers deep into the playoffs.

Epstein hired the best guy for the job at the time. The team made strides under Ricky Renteria. Now, for the 2015 season, Epstein again hired the best guy for the job.

Not only do I think Epstein should keep his job, but I think he has already earned himself an extension. The improvements this organization has made since his takeover are many. All signs are pointing toward a rapid improvement at the major league level at this point. This organization might have been the single worst 3 years ago.

You may want me to be upset with the organization I root for, but I have no problem disappointing you. If my patience toward this rebuilding process offends you.... "gosuckadick" as the kids say.

edit: I'm going to nip the next argument in the bud.

No, the Cubs didn't give Renteria enough time to become a highly respected baseball manager. But that isn't their job. The Cubs aren't in the business of "growing" managers. The Cubs are aiming toward different goals. And aren't being short sighted about it.