It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I miss Big Doug
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I swear I looked forward to Fridays! As I get older and most of what I deal with all day is problems, people bitching, fighting, arguing, etc Big Doug was my best laugh all week. I still would like an explanation, now of course in detail, of why he was let go.

Big Doug called in for 15 minutes a week from his house. SHIRLEy, he could not have been looking for serious money for this, unless his agent (Bebe North) gave another ultimatum. (ughhh)

Doug and OB, while providing no real technical analysis expressed my anger perfectly in Bear losses. I am not sure why I felt better after listening to them when the Bears lost, but I did. The show seemed popular enough that it could have had it's own sponsor or 4 to support it alone?

Post subject: Re: I miss Big Doug
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Agreed, BF. And I bet Mully and Hanley miss him even more.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:38 am 
1000 CLUB

bigfan wrote:
I swear I looked forward to Fridays! As I get older and most of what I deal with all day is problems, people bitching, fighting, arguing, etc Big Doug was my best laugh all week. I still would like an explanation, now of course in detail, of why he was let go.

Big Doug called in for 15 minutes a week from his house. SHIRLEy, he could not have been looking for serious money for this, unless his agent (Bebe North) gave another ultimatum. (ughhh)

Doug and OB, while providing no real technical analysis expressed my anger perfectly in Bear losses. I am not sure why I felt better after listening to them when the Bears lost, but I did. The show seemed popular enough that it could have had it's own sponsor or 4 to support it alone?

Loved the postgame show, hopefully they get picked up by ESPN Radio.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I miss Dougy too. Do you think that mayne when Hamptons 1 year contract runs out in August that the Score will dump Hampton and then bring Doug back?
Has Doug or anyone else even addressed being let go by the score? Maybe Doug is still getting paid and his pay is contingent on being quiet. Or, could this be a situation where in a couple of Months Mitch announces that due to fan reaction to Doug is coming back.
I'm not usually one to buy into conspiracy theories, but I certainly hope that this is the plan!

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:22 am 
1000 CLUB

Doug and OB are going to CSWebio for their Bears postgame shows....

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
bigfan wrote:

Get. Over. It.