It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 am 

Darkside wrote:
My Friend Rob's girl. Rob is the dude on the left holding a bud.

yes, that's that andrea chick that i used to make a habit of harassing whilst drunk; at least this time she didn't totally avoid me. but that's probably also because rob and i were shootin' the shit for a while. the guy's a very simple dude but he's a solid guy. she's gorgeous but i think she's about as simple...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 am 

W_Z wrote:
the guy's a very simple dude but he's a solid guy. she's gorgeous but i think she's about as simple...
If she likes simple guys maybe IMU does have a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:53 am 

Yeah, that girl was hot.

Not sure on the level of her simplicity.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 am 

Crystal Lake Huffy wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Approved..

And on a side note...that fucking corn you brought was the best I've had this summer. ridiculous awesome bone corn.

Cool. Tom's: http://www.tomsfarmmarket.com/ Also has good pies.

Good stuff - I stop at their market in Bartlett all the time to get a dozen.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Simple?

We've got a simple.
Cause simple's in the band
We've got simple in the band!

We've got skyscrapers!
Cause we've got a band!
We've got skyscrapers in the band!

What is a band, without skyscrapers?
Skyscrapers are grand.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 am 

yeah i mean not complicated simple...not stupid simple, by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Darkside wrote:
spanky wrote:
I thought you were balck??? :shock:

Well the Board Me is balck. The real me is a little different from what I project on the board.

I just learned this too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:50 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
spanky wrote:
I thought you were balck??? :shock:

Well the Board Me is balck. The real me is a little different from what I project on the board.

I just learned this too.

Hm. What gave it away? The plastic free couches?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:26 am 

[quote="Darkside"Image

.[/quote]

Nosferatu scoping out his next victim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Darkside wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
I just learned this too.

Well I wasn't at your party, so I'm going to say it's the picture of you being a white dude.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 am 

Northside_Dan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
I just learned this too.

Well I wasn't at your party, so I'm going to say it's the picture of you being a white dude.

Yeah, that could do it too. Damn paparazzi!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't know, I wouldn't say the real life you differed much. But I never thought you were black for the same reason I didn't think Coast was a bucket of KFC. I don't know too many black guys who are redneck hippies that listen to pink Floyd and the dead.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:51 am 

Wait, so Darkside doesn't look like his avatar?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I don't know, I wouldn't say the real life you differed much. But I never thought you were black for the same reason I didn't think Coast was a bucket of KFC. I don't know too many black guys who are redneck hippies that listen to pink Floyd and the dead.

So you're saying that buckets of chicken don't listen to Pink Floyd and the Dead?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 am 

I think the confusion in this thread came from the fact that no one believes a white guy doesn't know and love Lifehouse.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think the confusion in this thread came from the fact that no one believes a white guy doesn't know and love Lifehouse.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:06 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

+1

Seriously these guys are popular?
My wife's friend mandy wanted to sell us the tickets. I checked out a couple youtube vids and I was less than excited about them so I agreed to try to rid her of these tickets as a favor since she's cool.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
stoneroses86 wrote:
I thank the Risen Christ that my children and I missed this bit of shenanigans.

good dolphin wrote:
Nosferatu scoping out his next victim

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:10 am 

Darkside wrote:
Seriously these guys are popular?
My wife's friend mandy wanted to sell us the tickets. I checked out a couple youtube vids and I was less than excited about them so I agreed to try to rid her of these tickets as a favor since she's cool.

I'm not sure how popular they are anymore. I always thought they sucked, but my ex loved them...we saw them at like Rosemont or something a few years back...just more bland pop rock.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
you know, i was looking forward to attending this one... but then i had that one drunk high and xanaxed thursday night where i wrote a giant long post about a certain sports talk radio producer and like, it freaked me out that i did that... and then there's a mult called minisini that literally follows me around whenever they're around and i'm posting, and i got to the point where i was like "man, i really don't want to be associated with this board, even tho it was my own dumbass shit that got the ball rolling"

it looks like a great time was had by all, and like, i think i'm going to have to look to the rock/cena wm28 idea and say that i'm going to go next year. by then my life should be a lot better, which means my music output will be that much better, and i'd love to ask darko for an early 30-60min thing where i can dj, perform some songs, maybe even do standup comedy... i'd do it way early as to be long gone before the real musicians hit the stage when the party is ripe, but like, i think i'd pleasantly shock the shit out of y'all with the repetoire of things i could do... for the last few years i've been meticulously practicing live shows of varying degrees in my little basement, and i've written and recorded something like ~100 rap songs, but i'm just not quite there yet... i think the spark that is missing is that i need my overall life to be going better so i derive more joy and happiness and camaraderie from it, which then turns around and injects itself into all of my artistic outputs....

but enough about me! these pictures are classic.... is there a big CSFMB groupshot from this event, as is the standard protocol with other CSFMB events? that i'd love to see.

did CGS show up by chance?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:02 am 

sinicalypse wrote:
but enough about me! these pictures are classic.... is there a big CSFMB groupshot from this event, as is the standard protocol with other CSFMB events?

No

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:16 am 

MiniSini wrote:
You being disturbed by that epic post is quite like Homer being disturbed by The Odyssey). And accusing me of stalking is overstating the case as this is only my fourth lifetime post.

yes, however the fact that "you" exist is a bit unnerving... yes, i'm an oddball... sometimes i get glinted and blabber and i type really really fast so when i do that a bunch of words come out. and yeah, relative to a "good productive member of society" i prolly come off as a bit demented or something given my proclivities towards maximum overkill in terms of flogging freshly dead horses, i'll grant you that.

but like, the fact that someone on here was so "moved" by me that they decided to dedicate a mult to me and they've included pertinent information like my hometown and whatnot? that's a bit creepy, mate. i go back to the dialup BBS days circa 1993-1994, and thusly i've seen a lot of shit. i've been on the internet since i used to use cmaster.exe to bullshit free aol accounts circa 95 (mastercards lasted a month or two!) so i know there's a prevalent majority feeling like "lighten up, it's just the internet"

so unless you're some sort of a perpetual "lesson" to not go hardcore analyzing the persona and on-air-psyche of someone on chicago sportstalkradio in such detail on a public forum, you're someone who has decided that i in and of myself am some sort of punchline that needs to be dragged out and added to with your indelible wit. and the fact that you only show up in threads where i talk is indeed creepy, IMHO. i've seen a lot of shit, but whoever you are.... foreal man, why don't you just go jerk off and have a cigarette and get over me already?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
sinicalypse wrote:
yes, i'm an oddball... sometimes i get glinted and blabber and i type really really fast so when i do that a bunch of words come out.

Sometimes?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:23 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I would like to hear about 100 rap songs, comedy, dj'ing, pantomime, interprative dance, a cooking demonstration, the alphabet recited backwards in french, spanish, italian, and portuguese, another 20 rap songs, a poetry slam, drum solo, and then hot dog eating contest, followed by the gallon of milk challenge...all done in 30-60 minutes.

The only time the full-on photo is taken is at the bowling events....why? because bowling is burrito and so is group shots of internet message board cretins.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
yes, i'm an oddball... sometimes i get glinted and blabber and i type really really fast so when i do that a bunch of words come out.

Sometimes?

if you were a rapper, i would think your rap name should be 2che.

ok so i babble way too much just about all of the time... i'm kind of broken in that regard, but like, my point still stands about the whole "minisini" thing.

i forgot who, but i saw that someone else on the board is getting the same treatment... imu17 i think? from what i've gathered i guess that dude has gone off and said a bunch of dumb shit and gotten into heated exchanges with people, whereas i like to think that my mental psychoses are generally harmless and paved with good intentions, much like the road to hell.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 am 

cooking demonstration,

dude, that is a fucking golden idea. i'm from the KLF school of "performance art" and like, i would absolutely love to see a rap show or an electronic music laptop DJ gig where during the course of a 45minute set the guy also makes some sort of tasty dessert that he gives out to people in the crowd at the end. it'd be a nice way to show how full of shit "laptop DJing" is. good call doug!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:28 am 
1000 CLUB

someone hates Serato! :lol:

I have a couple ideas in the works with a few friends on creating a multi-tiered event. getting a few mediums together and having a "thing."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:33 am 

someone hates Serato! :lol:

I have a couple ideas in the works with a few friends on creating a multi-tiered event. getting a few mediums together and having a "thing."

well be sure to give me a hollar via PM or some thread about it if/when it goes down, i'd love to see the confluence of quality music and performance art enacted on the live stage. i've seen so many damn rap shows like, i remember the last time i saw del the funky homosapien it was something like the ~6th time i've done that, and i'm standing in a crowd full of white kids trying to go word for word with "catch a bad one" and it's like.... damn, what's the point of this shit? i've kind of gotten over my existential crises with live shows and gotten into videotaping them and offering up the HD videos to the artists involved to do what they please with it. as for me, i get a proper HD quality live video and an easily rippable MP3 set out of it, so it's a win-win situation.

anyhow, i would love to see the concept of a concert evolved into something dynamic and fresh and not afraid to take chances, cuz like, example: i've seen so many laptop/DJ sets where nothing CAN fuck up that i relish those actual live shows where someone lugs out $2000+ worth of gear that starts getting shoddy and breaking and then they're too drunk and they fuck up... put some soul in it! i reckon this isn't as big of a deal if your primary musical experiences are based around guitar-driven-music, seeing as those bands actually play physical/tangible instruments, but like... yeah. i like the cut of your jib on this one so don't be a stranger.

btw, have you ever listened to squarepusher before?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:36 am 

MiniSini wrote:
Your hometown is not exactly a secret in this forum. You have mentioned it on more than a few occasions. It's not like I sought out your address and social security number and posted them here.

I had considered myself a tribute to your strange brilliance rather than a mockery. However, if my translations are not appreciated, I shall simply retire. I do not even need to lose a poll to do so.

P.S.- I am jerking off and smoking a cigarette right now.

by all means, do whatever it is you want to do and don't let me stop you.... you serve a higher purpose than I, so i shall not interfere in your doing the lord's work.

conversely, however, if you are doing this minisini thing as a "tribute" to my "strange brilliance" then it's quite frankly a bit pathetic. you're trying to latch on to whatever it is i'm doing here and ride my coattails for comedic effect... you're like some sort of cliff's notes or, hmm, like a "companion piece" to whatever you wanna call my typings and i have no idea why anyone would want to do a prolonged riff on what i'm doing here....

so yeah, it's either creepy or sad in my eyes... but hey, by all means do it! at first it struck me as creepy as shit, but if you wanna try and play sarcasm and claim that it's a homage or tribute and you think there's some ultimate lulz to be had by following me around and being the veritable "wrap up post" to my "howard stern show" or whatever, then god bless and knock 'em dead, killer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:38 am 
1000 CLUB

It's taking some planning and effort, but I will be damn sure to let everyone know if/when it happens.

I've never listed to squarepusher, no.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next