It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2/2 Mac from NW Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 pm 

HIGHLAND – Due to the monstrous snowstorm that has hit the area, Highland native Dan McNeil, host of the Danny Mac Show on Chicago’s leading sports radio station, “The Score” 670am-WSCR, will forego his daily commute to the city and will instead broadcast locally from the Region Sports Network studios on 45th Ave.

Co-host Matt Spiegel and the rest of Danny Mac's team will broadcast live from the WSCR studios in downtown Chicago.

RSN Executive Producer Chris Ramirez said he received a call from WSCR general manager Mitch Rosen Monday inquiring about RSN studios capabilities. “His concerns included the level of audio quality we broadcast at,” said Ramirez. “I assured him it was the best in Lake County.”

Ramirez and McNeil have a long history. “I’ve known Mac for many years. He introduced me to the radio business and was best man at my wedding.”Ramirez said. "This is the least I can do. He's a good friend and I’m looking forward to having him here. ”

McNeil, who has appeared on the Region Sports Network many times, offered high praise for the local outfit.

"Region Sports Network might be the last 'ma and pa' show left in the country. It'll be nice to look around and find blue jeans and sweatshirts on real guys, not a room full of empty suits. I like those guys a great deal and what they've done to promote Northwest Indiana sports, via radio, internet and the publication, is unprecedented. Chris Ramirez is a long-time friend and I'm tickled that he's opening his doors for me in what will be my first broadcast from my hometown of Highland."

“He’s the best there is when it comes to Chicago sports talk radio,” Ramirez said. “He’ll put on a great show for his listeners, just like he always does. The only difference will be his location.”

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I am going to say this is the guy Mac split the hot dog with at the Cubs game! lol

Chris Ramirez! Could be wrong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
HIGHLAND – Due to the monstrous snowstorm that has hit the area, Highland native Dan McNeil, host of the Danny Mac Show on Chicago’s leading sports radio station, “The Score” 670am-WSCR, will forego his daily commute to the city and will instead broadcast locally from the Region Sports Network studios on 45th Ave.

Co-host Matt Spiegel and the rest of Danny Mac's team will broadcast live from the WSCR studios in downtown Chicago.

RSN Executive Producer Chris Ramirez said he received a call from WSCR general manager Mitch Rosen Monday inquiring about RSN studios capabilities. “His concerns included the level of audio quality we broadcast at,” said Ramirez. “I assured him it was the best in Lake County.”

Ramirez and McNeil have a long history. “I’ve known Mac for many years. He introduced me to the radio business and was best man at my wedding.”Ramirez said. "This is the least I can do. He's a good friend and I’m looking forward to having him here. ”

McNeil, who has appeared on the Region Sports Network many times, offered high praise for the local outfit.

"Region Sports Network might be the last 'ma and pa' show left in the country. It'll be nice to look around and find blue jeans and sweatshirts on real guys, not a room full of empty suits. I like those guys a great deal and what they've done to promote Northwest Indiana sports, via radio, internet and the publication, is unprecedented. Chris Ramirez is a long-time friend and I'm tickled that he's opening his doors for me in what will be my first broadcast from my hometown of Highland."

“He’s the best there is when it comes to Chicago sports talk radio,” Ramirez said. “He’ll put on a great show for his listeners, just like he always does. The only difference will be his location.”

Dont know why Mac just doesnt have a line put in his house like dickhead Boers does so he can just phone it in half the month.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Cause Mac don't quit on his team like dat Boers.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Guys, during a very un-spirited tranny with SHAKE THAT tonight, I heard THE GOLF lament his cold and talk about how he's bearing down in the hopes of making it in on thursday morning to pair up with mac.

THE IRON MAN STREAK IS ABOUT TO DIE. everyone, gather round hold hands and light a candle... can we talk about our favorite moments from the ~21+ day matt spiegel IRON MAN STREAK?!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:
“His concerns included the level of audio quality we broadcast at,” said Ramirez. “I assured him it was the best in Lake County.”

Boy is that the tallest midget award. Who is the competition? WJOB?

Apologies to Tall Midget
screw 10ft midget, he sucks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 am 
Hank Scorpio wrote:
RFDC wrote:
“His concerns included the level of audio quality we broadcast at,” said Ramirez. “I assured him it was the best in Lake County.”

Boy is that the tallest midget award. Who is the competition? WJOB?

Don't you knock WIND! Sarley will come swear at you and call you a stalker!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
No Mac today, but Spiegel prevails over the elements!

I wonder if he fulfilled Boers's prediction by succumbing to cannibalistic urges and "eating someone's leg" before heading off to work this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:49 am 

Thank God Mackey is back. Now they can tell douche fuck Grodie to pound sand.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 am 

bigfan wrote:
I am going to say this is the guy Mac split the hot dog with at the Cubs game! lol

Chris Ramirez! Could be wrong

You are right, Meatpants just asked him about that.

Enjoy the board meatpants, you still suck!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Keyser Soze wrote:
Thank God Mackey is back. Now they can tell douche fuck Grodie to pound sand.

I think I heard Finfer chime in as a producer, I'm not sure why he isn't sitting in for Mac... Unless he's the only producer there...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 am 

Mac isn't staying. Time to find something else to listen to.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
meatpants lacks the stones to tell it like it is to casper... lou was an awful manager...hendry made an awful hire..he quit on team like he did in his last managerial job b4 the cubs... why would any team hire this hasbeen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
What an asshat! the Sox reup Oswaldo,and he says he'll be the 1st manager on the hot seat :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
What an asshat! the Sox reup Oswaldo,and he says he'll be the 1st manager on the hot seat :(

Quite a call by Spiegs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:20 pm 

Seriously, does Terry have a studio/line at his house to broadcast from?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
If you work on t.v. in Chicago, you may want to stay away, they talk about Amy Freeze a couple of weeks ago and have her on today and the end say that she is gone from Fox on the 20th of this month. Then you to the usuall comment, What is Fox thinking from Spiegel.