It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Murphy~ Racist
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:54 pm 

So I accidentally turned on this moron's show, and what do I hear him say?

"Ya know..I think is the wave of the future. I bet within 20 years there'll only be a handful of white coaches. If I owned an NFL team, I'd give an interview to one white guy, but my decision would be to hire a black guy. It's about where they grew up, and treating people like men."

Mike Murphy is as racist as Ray Nagin. What an idiot. If I owned the SCORE, Mike Murphy would be on a plane bound for O'Hare tonight, and he'd be cleaning out his desk tomorrow.

Lovie's race has nothing to do with the Bears success, nor does Tony Dungy's race.

Post subject: Re: Mike Murphy~ Racist
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:56 pm 

schmutzie wrote:
If I owned the SCORE, Mike Murphy would be on a plane bound for O'Hare tonight, and he'd be cleaning out his desk tomorrow.

And dan bernstein would be on 24 hours a day with 23 of those hours devoted to the reading of long winded who you crappin's.

Post subject: Re: Mike Murphy~ Racist
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:59 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Quote:
It's about where they grew up, and treating people like men."

What does that even mean? White coaches don't treat people like men?
I don't get it.

Boy, if these guys keep talking there will be no more hosts on the Score. First North's victimless DUI, now Murph, next Boers will insult homosexuals...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

It's so stupid. Lovie and Dungie are not in the SB because they are black. Think about it. If there were 32 black coaches. There would still be 12 playoff teams and there would still be bottom feeders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:06 pm 

It's a new development obviously. Apparently the last 40 SB coaches got lucky, and had success even though they didn't treat their players like men.

(Dolphin's main claim to fame? Large blow-holes)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Think about it. The NBA has been great in hiring black coaches. Yet the last black coach to win a title was KC Jones 20 years ago with the Celtics. What does that mean? Absolutly nothing. You are a good coach or a bad coach. Some how for the last 20 years white coaches have lead primarily black players to NBA titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

I heard Lovie say "One of the reasons I'm coaching the Bears is because of the Roony rule." Jesus Christ Lovie. Give your self more credit. The reason you are coaching the Bears is because you earned it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Quote:
It's so stupid. Lovie and Dungie are not in the SB because they are black.

I don't get your point. Is anyone arguing they're in the SB because they're black?

Time to leave planet Beardown and come back to planet Earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:32 pm 

Correctamundo Nas. It's damn near as bad as Campanis. And why is it they came off looking/sounding worse when they think they're saying something complimentary? Murph is a simpleton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yes. I've heard people argue this. Chris Carter on the HBO show. Larry Johnson said black players play better for a black coaches. Can I stay on the planet now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Russ Grimm isn't a coach because owners are racist against meat heads. Anybody who has an extended conversation with this guy realizes he is stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:39 pm 

schmutzie wrote:
(Dolphin's main claim to fame? Large blow-holes)

Don't forget the only undefeated NFL season

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Can I stay on the planet now?

No.

Most people realize that the Rooney rule is in place to give deserving minorities an opportunity they wouldn't ordinarily get. Focusing on a couple guys who don't understand its purpose is silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
No one should be hired because of their color. That's why Russ Grimm should be complaining about what happened to him.

Tomlin wasn't hired because he's black, but because many (including the Rooneys), believe he's an outstanding head coaching prospect. Russ Grimm wasn't denied the head coaching job because he's white, but because he's a colossal idiot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
Most people realize that the Rooney rule is in place to give deserving minorities an opportunity they wouldn't ordinarily get.

Just the concept of Dallas considering a Norv Turner for head coach shows the need for the rule. Turner has proven himself marginal at best as a head coach. ESPN was reporting earlier that Singletary came off well in his interview with Jerry Jones. Singletary might not be ready or qualified for the job yet, but at least now he got an interview and knows what to expect if he gets another chance at a job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
for every lovie and tony, there's an art and a denny
for every belichick and cowher, there's a shoop and a jauron
race is immaterial with regard to talent; opportunity is another matter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:23 pm 

Wish I'd have put it that way Playground. That's exactly right. It's all about talent, and race has absolutely nothing to do with it. And since Murphy's remarks had nothing to do with affirmative action, and opportunity, he is insulting the players as much as he's insulting the coach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know a few balck guys and Salisbury sister is dating a black guy . :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:14 am 

pizza_Place: Bona Pizza in Lombard
I don't know if he is racist, but he sure is a fucking nimrod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:24 am 

Soup, it's a racist rant. In my book that makes him a racist. And it's racist on practically every fucking level. First, it's racist against white coaches. It's Campanis-like in that regard. Knuckle-head is indirectly saying that white coaches lack "certain necessities" to coach modern-day athletes. Secondly, it's racist against the players. He's saying that they will naturally respond better to a coach of a certain skin pigmentation (he's actually calling players racists with that part of the remark.) And finally, it's racist against black coaches. He's saying he'd hire a guy just because he's black, not because he's a good coach. Murph is a moron, and threw up all over himself with this silly bullshit. Why oh why did they bother sending this Cub fan to Miami? They should have had Laurence do the 12-2 slot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:31 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Did Murph say Lovie was clean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:36 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Did Murph say Lovie was clean?

Nope.. that's a phrase currently reserved for Joe Biden..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:08 am 

I saw Biden with Jon Stewart last night. Oh, if only D Manning could backpedal like that. Said it higher up in the thread, and I'll say it again. They look even worse when they think they're being complimentary. (Jimmy the Greek didn't understand the outrage until the day he died, Campanis thought he was being analytical, and Biden thought he was saying nice shit about Obama.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Suparosa on Central between Irving and Montrose. Forget about the rest!!!
All he asked was would Ditka have the current team in the SB and would Lovie have been able to take the 85 Bears to the SB. Doenst seem like there was anything racist in those comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
schmutzie wrote:
If I owned the SCORE, Mike Murphy would be on a plane bound for O'Hare tonight, and he'd be cleaning out his desk tomorrow.

Schmutzie, just for the sake of consistency, am I safe in assuming you are calling for Biden's resignation also?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:18 pm 

Biden resign from what? The US Senate? Of course not. Drop out of the race for the Dem nomination? Might as well, since IMO he didn't have a chance against Hillary,Edwards, and Obama to begin with. And he has made matters worse with his "compliment" towards Obama.

But I didn't say Murphy should resign, I said he should be fired. Murphy isn't an elected official. He has a boss who should be very interested in the public's perception of his remarks, because that impacts the bottom line i.e. listeners.

Biden punched his own ticket by plagiarizing Neil Kinnick's life-history years ago, which knocked him out of a previous run for the oval office. And has fucked himself right out of the starting gate in this race. The American voters are Biden's boss. In Delaware, and now on the national stage. They decide if he stays or goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:22 pm 

Sorry Bad Dude, that's not all he said. What he said is...

"Ya know..I think is the wave of the future. I bet within 20 years there'll only be a handful of white coaches. If I owned an NFL team, I'd give an interview to one white guy, but my decision would be to hire a black guy. It's about where they grew up, and treating people like men."

And he said more than that, including enumerating how many NFL players are black, and why that is also a good reason to hire a black coach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Barstool One Bite Frozen
Quote:
should have had Laurence do the 12-2 slot.

*snort*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:36 pm 

["Curious Hair"][quote]*snort*[quote]

Good point! Very pithy. And I agree, Snort would be better than Murphy as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 pm 

Not sure if Murph's a racist, but I sure know Murph's a Tool. :D