It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Mark Schanowsky was real good today. Stepped in and mixed it up when Meat was wrong. He should be added to the sub list.

I don't know if Mark Schanowski does a lot of radio when he's not on Comcast SportsNet, but he sounded very relaxed when he sat in for Mac yesterday. Next time Mac is away, Schanowski should be considered to fill in again on "The Mac Show".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:55 pm 

Today's terrible topic has been bananas and how they go bad too quickly for Spiegel to eat them all.

I'm pretty sure I'm only listening right now because of how bad it is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: egg store
I also caught the banana thing.

I don't eat bananas but I'm pretty sure they aren't ripe for one day then expire the next, leaving you to eat 6-7 bananas in one day?
(Not sure if that's what his stupidass was even saying)

If his troubleshooting for more practical applications is as dumb as his banana solution, then he should have no place in society, let alone radio.

I just really hate him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
I didn't hear much of the show yesterday, but I'd be interested in knowing the actual tone of how Der Spiegel was calling out the intern. Every intern has to take his or her lumps and I wonder if was just good natured ribbing or an honest to good "throwing under the bus". :?

He was always pretty fair and actually taught me a few things when I interned under him when he was a producer on HFC. It was one of the most interesting experiences one can have, IMO.....wouldn't have traded it for anything. I'd recommend anyone getting into the radio/tv/broadcasting field to do internships as soon as you start, not waiting 'til the last minute like I did. (sorry for the tangent, just was curious as to how real the busting out the intern was)

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Eaglo Jeff wrote:
I didn't hear much of the show yesterday, but I'd be interested in knowing the actual tone of how Der Spiegel was calling out the intern. Every intern has to take his or her lumps and I wonder if was just good natured ribbing or an honest to good "throwing under the bus". :?

He was always pretty fair and actually taught me a few things when I interned under him when he was a producer on HFC. It was one of the most interesting experiences one can have, IMO.....wouldn't have traded it for anything. I'd recommend anyone getting into the radio/tv/broadcasting field to do internships as soon as you start, not waiting 'til the last minute like I did. (sorry for the tangent, just was curious as to how real the busting out the intern was)

It was just busting balls.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:29 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
It was a little bit of both, especially doing it on the air like he did and telling him about the value of getting him lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

It was just busting balls.

It was weird though. I don't hate him, but this intern thing is why I think of him as a big smarmball. It's in the last 7 minutes or so in the podcast of the 3rd hour if you want to listen. I thought it was weird they put it in the rejoin today considering it wasn't very good.

I love the single bananas. I actually agree with Bernstein. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Oh I agree Spaulding. Definitely weird.

I don't think it was meant to be malicious. I think Matt and Finfer thought it would be funny.

It just wasn't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Don't you buy bananas by the lb?
Can't you just break off like three and buy that or are you supposed to buy the whole bunch?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.