It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mac is the new North
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:12 am 

Mac is reminding me of North, in the way he keeps getting his buddies jobs, but they don't have much talent. First it was the wannabe rock star, and now Finfer. Finfer may be a good producer, but on air it's awful. Heard him sit in with Mac during the afternoon show this week and that was brutal. Then today, he is sitting in for Roz and Meatpants. No surprise Meat didn't show up again, I'm sure he had a huge gig last night, lol. The Score has alot more qualified people to sit in for them then Finfer.

Post subject: Re: Mac is the new North
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
The only way he improves is by doing shows.

One of the things I enjoyed with the early Score was listening/spotting improvement

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I would rather hear Finfer than Rodewald, Esposito, Meatpants, Schuster. or Gavin. I enjoy listening to Finfer.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Really liked the Hood / Finfer pairing at ESPN.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
finfer and meatpants had jobs in the biz.. it is not like he is getting oak park vandy a show

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:16 pm 

The Score had rejected Meat until Mac asked for him to join him. Mac talked about this last week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
My thought on all this is I have met Spiegel and he's a nice guy, but for him to basically miss 3 shows this week, I know Friday was health, had no voice, because of no health or family isssue, but because of another job, to me doesn't look too good.

That could be the next Ask Mac segment, if somebody asks are you okay with Spiegel missing when he has a band thing come up. What if Friday's show was a remote and they promoted Mac and Spiegel and Spiegel couldn't do the show without a good reason, how would you feel if you were the establishment.

Mac did say, he wanted Spiegel because he was an NBA fan and thought that would help, well the guy with Mac at the end of the week is an NBA fan in Goff, and those guys always sound good together.

If I am Mitch Rosen, I have a talk with Spiegel, about his career path and if he wants to stay on the Danny Mac show, may need to prove it a little more, or it will be the Danny Mac show with Goff and Spiegel could be down to Hit and Run.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 am 

Beebo wrote:

One of the things I enjoyed with the early Score was listening/spotting improvement

Those guys were desperate to be good. Do you remember the early Score with the regulars working on holidays. North wanted to be in the studio every chance he got.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I don't mind Finfer, but he deserved a big crap for stating that the NBA Eastern All-Stars were the greatest collection of NBA talent in all NBA history -- and then they proceeded to lose to the West.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: -
What about Sayers?

Is she one of Mac's friends that he got jobs?

Because she started when he did, and is just absolutely brutal at updates.

I mean, she literally fucks up every single damn one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
On Wisconsin wrote:
What about Sayers?

Is she one of Mac's friends that he got jobs?

Because she started when he did, and is just absolutely brutal at updates.

I mean, she literally fucks up every single damn one.

I don't mind her as much now; but it was brutal in the beginning of the show when they tried to involve her a lot more in discussions...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
good dolphin wrote:
Beebo wrote:

Those guys were desperate to be good. Do you remember the early Score with the regulars working on holidays. North wanted to be in the studio every chance he got.

Yes, I do. I further allege that's WHEN they want to be in the studio -- on holidays where the non-regular listeners have a chance to sample the wares. Who wants to hear the update guy doing a fill-in show?

Hell, take the day AFTER the holiday off.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
crosscheck wrote:
I don't mind her as much now; but it was brutal in the beginning of the show when they tried to involve her a lot more in discussions...

Some of that is Mac's fault.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lugi's of Hong Kong
schmitty1121 wrote:
Mac is reminding me of North, in the way he keeps getting his buddies jobs, but they don't have much talent. First it was the wannabe rock star, and now Finfer. Finfer may be a good producer, but on air it's awful. Heard him sit in with Mac during the afternoon show this week and that was brutal. Then today, he is sitting in for Roz and Meatpants. No surprise Meat didn't show up again, I'm sure he had a huge gig last night, lol. The Score has alot more qualified people to sit in for them then Finfer.

I like Finfer BUT a friend pointed out how he uses 2 distinct tones of voice depending on how fast he's talking. I never noticed it before but now it gives me a migrain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
8675309 wrote:
schmitty1121 wrote:

I like Finfer BUT a friend pointed out how he uses 2 distinct tones of voice depending on how fast he's talking. I never noticed it before but now it gives me a migrain.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 am 

Beebo wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Beebo wrote:

Yes, I do. I further allege that's WHEN they want to be in the studio -- on holidays where the non-regular listeners have a chance to sample the wares. Who wants to hear the update guy doing a fill-in show?

Hell, take the day AFTER the holiday off.

Agreed. I never understood emptying the benches during the holiday season. People are taking time off and listening more during those times. No further proof needs to be given than The Lite posting great ratings.

If I ran a radio station I would mandate that the big talent only take off the second week in February until the second week in March.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Beebo wrote:

North was SUPPOSED to be just a weekend and fill-in host, when the Score started operations. But Bruce Wolf, (who was supposed to be paired with Jiggets) pulled out only a couple weeks before the show went on the air. Danny Lee (station owner at the time) decided to give North a chance after North BEGGED him for it. It was his passion for sports and the job, that earned him the opportunity. In my opinion, that show was outstanding. The chemistry between North/Jiggets was great. Too bad Mike got too big for his britches and screwed it up years later. But it was a great run for several years.