It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spiegs' days off
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Unlike many posters, I enjoy Spiegs on the DM show. But I'm fed up with how much time he takes off. It's obvious he regards this as just a part-time gig, and I wouldn't blame the station for unloading him when his contract is up. That said, however, I think "Hit and Run" is terrific (huge upgrade over the previous pathetic incarnation w/Ofman and Rogers). I hope Speigs/Rozner keep it going.

Post subject: Re: Spiegs' days off
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:26 pm 

I'll never understand why posters/listeners care how many days off hosts take. What if you had people badgering you about how many days you get off/take off? Exactly. It's no one else's business. As a matter of fact, in the case of the DM show, I welcome more days off for Spiegs. Goff seems to be the go-to fill in when someone's out and I enjoy him with Mac much more than Spiegal.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'm fine with Matt taking as much time off as he wants. Makes for a better show.

And THE Jason Goff is in for Matt in AZ Tuesday and Wednesday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Just what we needed, the 1,872nd thread about Spiegel's days off. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Is THE jason goff info offical? Wow, back down there to tour the crappy strip joints.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
If Spiegel is on tommorow, I wonder why he is off Tuesday and Wednesday, they are in Arizona.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
reents wrote:
If Spiegel is on tommorow, I wonder why he is off Tuesday and Wednesday, they are in Arizona.

I think it's Mac and the producers tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:13 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Spiegs is what he is. Bad at a daily show. Wanna be singer in washed up wanna be bands. Mac is lazy washed up wanna be talk show host. The whole time slot is a waste of time. I do not care for M@h much but at 9 am my radio or cpu goes elsewhere. People want this boring shitfest during drive time?? Murf was a much better listen. J Hood or J Goff would be much better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Scooter wrote:
Spiegs is what he is. Bad at a daily show. Wanna be singer in washed up wanna be bands. Mac is lazy washed up wanna be talk show host. The whole time slot is a waste of time. I do not care for M@h much but at 9 am my radio or cpu goes elsewhere. People want this boring shitfest during drive time?? Murf was a much better listen. J Hood or J Goff would be much better.

My WSCR dream team pairing is Goff & Hood. Teaming Jason with Jonathon would be the best show on the Score.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Scorehead wrote:
Scooter wrote:

My WSCR dream team pairing is Goff & Hood. Teaming Jason with Jonathon would be the best show on the Score.

+1000

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:58 am 

pizza_Place: Joe's Pizza
Scooter wrote:

Wanna be host? Fine, you don't like him, but the guy has been successful in his career. That's not a wanna be. That would be Murph!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm starting to side with the guys who bash Spiegs for this being a part time gig. They are flying Jason out to be with Mac and that sends a message that Jason is that talented enough they are flying him out to spend the next few days with Dan because his sidekick once again can not answer the call. Not sure if Mac has the final say on replacing Spiegs but it's time to cut bait and have a guy sitting in who is not only talented but is going to give you a 365 day comitment on being part of the show .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Maybe it's already been decided that Spiegel's contract will not be renewed and management is OK with him taking all this time off?

During the "Ask Mac" segment last week, didn't Mac refer to him as a "short term solution" or something similar?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
During the "Ask Mac" segment last week, didn't Mac refer to him as a "short term solution" or something similar?

I heard that too and wondered about it...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
beni hanna wrote:
Is THE jason goff info offical? Wow, back down there to tour the crappy strip joints.

"The Goff" is en route to Glendale, AZ to guest co-host "The Danny Mac Show" tomorrow & Wednesday. That's the word from his Facebook page.