It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
My guy tells me that there are serious talks going on at SCR to have Jason Goff replace Matt Spiegel as co-host of the Danny Mac Show. Stay tuned...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:21 pm 

So, what you are saying, is that Goff may "become Matt Spiegel"?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Deep Dish: Giordano's
Krazy Ivan wrote:
My guy tells me that there are serious talks going on at SCR to have Jason Goff replace Matt Spiegel as co-host of the Danny Mac Show. Stay tuned...

Any more information you can give us, Ivan?

http://www.TheCommittedIndian.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

This means several things.

1. Krazy Ivan's source is Jason Goff.

2. Despite what Bernstein says about white people that hate basketball, Dan McNeil is officially not a racist.

3. Mac and Goff will go to afternoons.

4. Bernstein will be solo from 9-1.

4. Goff leapfrogged Larry in Mitch's mind. :shock: I wonder if Larry hates Goff now.

5. Drinky is pissed. I wonder if Drinky hates Goff now.

6. Spiegel is stupid for not taking this chance seriously especially after begging Mitch for the job, being rejected initially and then having McNeil go to bat for him to eventually get it for him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Giarodano's
Krazy Ivan wrote:

This might actually be a good move. I like Goff and Mac together, I also think Laurence Holmes and Spiegel are awesome together.

Bernstein is awesome I love his knowledge of baseball and basketball and love when he talks SABR stats. I know Boers is probably getting close to retirement soon. Maybe Spiegs can team up with Bernstein they always argue which is awesome for radio.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
See, its not complicated at all. Beardown has it all figured out.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:17 pm 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

Dont Tease Me...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 pm 

This works out perfectly. Tiny will probably be out of a job, and a move to the DMS makes complete sense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Congrats, Jason. With the help of your CSFMB friends, you finally made it out of Bernstein's steel mill. What a feeling!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItPbGvPKHFI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So, what you are saying, is that Goff may "become Matt Spiegel"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Beardown wrote:
3. Mac and Goff will go to afternoons.

4. Bernstein will be solo from 9-1.

Both of these are bad. Keep Mac where he is and keep someone else with Dan, I dont want 4 hours of CTE talk 3 times a week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Regardless if he's working with Mac, as will be the case the next 2 days from Glendale, AZ, or if he's worked previously with Spiegs when Mac's away, Goff's been an asset and a favorite of these guys. I'm reasonably sure that Goff's not exactly thrilled to be going back to Arizona with Spiegs still without a voice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Not to be a prick (in this particular post anyway), but I didn't need "a guy" to figure this was quite likely the case.

That said, how soon is 'soon'? Weeks? Months? A Year?

Would this change also be concurrent with the end of Matt's contract or would they just pay him for Hit & Run (worth the money imo) or maybe have him co-host with LoHo? :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
If this change were to happen, I hope that Spiegs maintains a regular spot on the Score. He does have something to offer and can be entertaining when paired with the right partner.

Unfortunately for him, I don't think that Mac and Spiegs bring the best out of each other

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Careful what you wish for, however. Larry and Hood once got paired with the evil white man on the Score. Look what happened. It was kind of like how the white man befriended the Indians only to eventually destroy them. Don't think for one second that Larry and Hood aren't wishing that Mac becomes Goff's Telender/Hampton. They're spiteful like that.

I think it's a bad move as most of you would probably think. I haven't heard much of Mac and Goff together but I don't think this combo works from just knowing what they are both like on the air. Today's not the time to talk about it. They'll be plenty of time to see this thing blow up and comment on it. Today is a time for all of the Goff people to celebrate. I'm not gonna rain on that parade.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
How stupid can Matt Spiegel be? He has been a journeyman sports radio host for years, & when he finally gets a chance to co-host a prime time radio gig in the 3rd largest market in the country, he prioritizes his moonlighting job over the radio gig. It just doesn't make sense.
The day that I heard that Mac chose Meatpants as his co-host I knew it was a mistake, & I said so on this board. Jason Goff will be a great co-host, whenever & with whoever he is paired with.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
How stupid can Matt Spiegel be? He has been a journeyman sports radio host for years, & when he finally gets a chance to co-host a prime time radio gig in the 3rd largest market in the country, he prioritizes his moonlighting job over the radio gig. It just doesn't make sense.
The day that I heard that Mac chose Meatpants as his co-host I knew it was a mistake, & I said so on this board. Jason Goff will be a great co-host, whenever & with whoever he is paired with.

Agree, Spiegel never considered this his full-time job and he still doesn't. If I was Mac I would tell his ass not to show up to the studio when the show returns from Arizona.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
Speigs will be the runaway star on the "X Factor w/ Simon Cowell" :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:35 pm 

It's good to know that Spiegel doesn't read the board or this thread would make him mad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Don Tiny wrote:
maybe have him co-host with LoHo? :P

NO, NO, for the love of God, NO!

I am being completely serious when I say that LoHo cannot have a cohost. It completely ruins his vibe, his flow if you will. It must never be allowed.

At best, he should continue with producer give-and-take - where he will occasionally offend them in his own mind by calling them "his staff" and then spend minutes apologizing for it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It completely ruins his vibe, his flow if you will.

So does a live mic.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

schmitty1121 wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Agree, Spiegel never considered this his full-time job and he still doesn't. If I was Mac I would tell his ass not to show up to the studio when the show returns from Arizona.

I don't get it either. These gigs are tough to come by and could have been a 6 figure salary for a while. If he's not making that now he could eventually get to that point with somebody like McNeil. I don't think you get that type of money singing at bars once a week. Not to mention the health insurance and benefits this job provides. I never heard of anybody taking days off from the main job to accomodate the 2nd job. It's midday sports radio in Chicago. He's taking off to sing at "Real Time Sports"? Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
MattSpiegel670 Matt Spiegel
@cst_Cowley Nice job today kid. This wily old veteran was impressed. Thanks for stepping in. Hoping this is not a Wally Pipp situation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:59 pm 

Wily old veteran? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

Wait a second. Do you think Spiegel doesn't know about Goff's secret talks with Mitch to replace him? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Hope this isn't true and if it is that Spiegs gets paired with somebody else. Spiegs is my guy and I think he's a good listen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:06 pm 

oak forest blarney wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Dont Tease Me...

Took the words out of my mouth, blarney.

I SOOOO hope this is true.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:09 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Hope this isn't true and if it is that Spiegs gets paired with somebody else. Spiegs is my guy and I think he's a good listen.
Don't worry. Goff will still read your texts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I like Speigs and I also think Jason should have a regular SCORE gig. I say the two of them should host mornings on the SCORE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Don't worry. Goff will still read your texts.

I see what you did there.

I used to listen to Spiegs on SNR overnites when the kids would wake up and I'd have to go out on a late nite sleepy ride. The Spiegel fan club will continue until further notice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next