It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Make it a little less smarmy.

I'd like to win the lottery too, but it just ain't going to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Eddie and jobo back with cbs. Mike north will be next doing middays. Mcneil will do afternoons with jurko and boers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
spadaesq1 wrote:
Eddie and jobo back with cbs. Mike north will be next doing middays. Mcneil will do afternoons with jurko and boers

Wow. I'd certainly never listen to that afternoon show ever.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
spadaesq1 wrote:
Mike north will be next doing middays.

Uploading a video to Youtube after waking up at 11:45 isn't really "doing middays".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Had to throw that gem in as a signature. I hope spada does not possess Dr. Ken like prediction skills.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
someone has a metal collander on their head again...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Douchebag wrote:
I'd like to win the lottery too, but it just ain't going to happen.

Do you think a line up change or time change would help? I'm not sure why you think Mac is lazy or what you thought of MJH. I'm getting you don't like this show but not seeing where you think they could make it better. I thought you didn't like W&S because of the canned vanilla espnishness of it but not seeing what you want.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 am 

Mitch needs to get this done already. Maybe I made an error bin reporting this too early and he doesn't want to make Meat Biscuit look foolish by making the change right now. I hope that's not the case as it has been proven that this show is significantly better when Goff sits in for Speeeegs.

That said, I am back to Waddle and Silvy until this happens. PROTEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

Krazy Ivan wrote:
Mitch needs to get this done already. Maybe I made an error bin reporting this too early and he doesn't want to make Meat Biscuit look foolish by making the change right now. I hope that's not the case as it has been proven that this show is significantly better when Goff sits in for Speeeegs.

That said, I am back to Waddle and Silvy until this happens. PROTEST!

Contracts are up in June, if they do make a move, look for a May timing of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I missed last weeks shows while wasting away in Dallas but what is with all the Mac commentary on doing afternoons?
Sounds uncomfortable to me. I wonder how B&B feel about that. Probably not good.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
It is still hard to believe that a guy like Spiegel finally gets a major market hosing gig, & fucks it up by not dedicating himself to his job. I predicted an epic fail the day the Score announced that Meat would be Macs co-host, but I never expected Spiegs to fail because he prioritized a moonlighting gig with his band. But, band or no band, Meat still wouldn't last as Macs co-host because he is bad at radio. He & Mac are a vbad fit together. Mac's show is better when Meat is off. I hope that the off rumor becomes reality & Mac & Jason are on in afternoon drive, with Berns moving to the 9-1 shift.
I wonder how long J Hoods contract is at AM1000? I sure would like to hear him on the Score again.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:39 am 

pizza_Place: little pizza joint by my house
Scorehead wrote:
It is still hard to believe that a guy like Spiegel finally gets a major market hosing gig, & fucks it up by not dedicating himself to his job. I predicted an epic fail the day the Score announced that Meat would be Macs co-host, but I never expected Spiegs to fail because he prioritized a moonlighting gig with his band. But, band or no band, Meat still wouldn't last as Macs co-host because he is bad at radio. He & Mac are a vbad fit together. Mac's show is better when Meat is off. I hope that the off rumor becomes reality & Mac & Jason are on in afternoon drive, with Berns moving to the 9-1 shift.
I wonder how long J Hoods contract is at AM1000? I sure would like to hear him on the Score again.

I don't think Spiegel is bad at radio. I used to catch him very late at night on .. shit.. the name escapes me now.. not Westwood 1, but a national sports mag that went on radio.. and he was quite good.

He's very good on Hit and Run. I think he and Mac definitely have their moments (of the good kind) though overall I'm still uncertain as to how good a pairing it is.

Spiegel has been deeply involved in music and doing music related things going way back to his early Score and WXRT career, so to expect him to drop those would be silly and surely Rosen at al knew what they were getting when they signed him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:44 am 

/\
|
|
|
knows Spiegel.

"but a national sports mag that went on radio" was too obvious. How does a person who is constantly listening to sporting news radio forget the name, and yet somehow remember Westwood 1, which isn't as well known?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 am 

Westwood 1 broadcasts memorable stuff like MNF and bowl games. SNR is largely forgettable sports talk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Westwood 1 broadcasts memorable stuff like MNF and bowl games. SNR is largely forgettable sports talk.
It's not if you listen to it a lot, which he did because he had an opinion on how good or bad Spiegel was on there.

A guy who could name Spiegel's whole radio resume wouldn't just accidentally forget the name of the only national radio network associated with a sporting mag besides ESPN.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 am 

bogey666 wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

I don't think Spiegel is bad at radio. I used to catch him very late at night on .. shit.. the name escapes me now.. not Westwood 1, but a national sports mag that went on radio.. and he was quite good.

He's very good on Hit and Run. I think he and Mac definitely have their moments (of the good kind) though overall I'm still uncertain as to how good a pairing it is.

Spiegel has been deeply involved in music and doing music related things going way back to his early Score and WXRT career, so to expect him to drop those would be silly and surely Rosen at al knew what they were getting when they signed him.

You are in fact Matt Spiegel, right?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
For the record, Sporting News Radio was not always Sporting News Radio. It was a sports talk radio network that was called One-on-One Sports and was based in Northbrook before they changed the name to the St. Louis-based sports periodical. They moved their offices and studios to Los Angeles, plus SN also cut a deal with FOX Sports in regards to content. I think both sports radio networks are awfully similar now...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:22 pm 

SHARK wrote:
For the record, Sporting News Radio was not always Sporting News Radio. It was a sports talk radio network that was called One-on-One Sports and was based in Northbrook before they changed the name to the St. Louis-based sports periodical. They moved their offices and studios to Los Angeles, plus SN also cut a deal with FOX Sports in regards to content. I think both sports radio networks are awfully similar now...

The record has been updated accordingly....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 am 

good dolphin wrote:
.......... SNR is largely forgettable sports talk.

Not in the days of Ferrell, a Bob Kemp, a Nasty Nestor, A Papa Doc, Arnie Spanier...the halcyon days. I'm forgetting my favorite dude...hmmm...crazy psycho dude......uuhhhhhh....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 pm 

SHARK wrote:

Prior to One On One Sports, it was called SEN...Sports Entertainment Network. I used to love Ferrall on the Bench, Papa Joe Chevalier, & Arnie Spanier.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Soon can not be soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:14 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Prior to One On One Sports, it was called SEN...Sports Entertainment Network. I used to love Ferrall on the Bench, Papa Joe Chevalier, & Arnie Spanier.

You are in insane. Ferrell was good on a Friday night. The rest of that group sucked. Those were the nightmare days of the Score when they were buying up national programming for every shift after 6 pm and all day on weekends.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: little pizza joint by my house
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
It's not if you listen to it a lot, which he did because he had an opinion on how good or bad Spiegel was on there.

A guy who could name Spiegel's whole radio resume wouldn't just accidentally forget the name of the only national radio network associated with a sporting mag besides ESPN.

no I'm not Matt Spiegel, and as a matter of fact, as I typed up the post I remembered Westwood 1 (for the radio game broadcasts, I'd always hear it advertised, and I forgot Sporting News Radio).

This is years ago, and I was on a different schedule, being up often until mornings, so that's how I happened to have a chance to listen to Spiegel on SNR at the time.

and I'm entitled to my opinion(s) on how good/bad Spiegel is. If I'm zigging, when the sheeple are zagging, I feel a lot better anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:33 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
SHARK wrote:

You are in insane. Ferrell was good on a Friday night. The rest of that group sucked. Those were the nightmare days of the Score when they were buying up national programming for every shift after 6 pm and all day on weekends.

This was late '80's, early '90's, when I lived in St. Louis & used to listen to SEN in the evenings. Papa Joe & Arnie were very entertaining. Scott Ferrell...SHAKE IT UP!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
For what it's worth -- probably nothing to some -- I also enjoy Der Spiegel. I actually enjoy listening to Jason and Matt -- not Matty -- in the mornings.
I will agree that the current Mac and Matt pairing has its issues, too much petty sniping for one. Some of their conversations bog down with inside shots or "poke at the bear" moments. There seems to be a decent amount of nervous tension on some of the broadcasts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Scorehead wrote:
SHARK wrote:

What in the Hell was this total WASTE OF TIME?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I am still waiting for this lineup change to occur.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Don't worry. KI's info is good. He got it from the same guy that told Goff Wade's sigining with the Bulls was "imminent."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:46 am 

patience...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:49 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:
patience...

Yup. June timeframe, right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next