It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's worse ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't know what's worse.. MJH talking Bulls for a half hour or Silvy feeling the need to talk Bulls for 4 hours. Everytime time Silvy fills in he feels the need to talk Bulls for 4 hours.

Hey Mac!! Hear that ??? That's me punching the button . Let us know next time the weathers too bad for you to come in .I'll come by on my sled and pick ya up . :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm 

What else are they going to talk about today? Do you want to know Silvy's comfort foods? At least they're not talking about the Hawks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
I don't know what's worse.. MJH talking Bulls for a half hour or Silvy feeling the need to talk Bulls for 4 hours. Everytime time Silvy fills in he feels the need to talk Bulls for 4 hours.

Sorry Stu, but go ahead and punch the button - you can listen to B&B tell you how shitty the Bulls and Hawks are :roll:

How about some constructive criticism - what would YOU suggest they talk about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Stu, its February. That was about the dumbest criticism I've read on here in awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
MUScholar21 wrote:
Quote:

Sorry Stu, but go ahead and punch the button - you can listen to B&B tell you how shitty the Bulls and Hawks are :roll:

How about some constructive criticism - what would YOU suggest they talk about?
Quote:

Let me first say I'm a fan of MJH becuase they don't talk Bulls basketball.

To answer your question Mus , I can listen to 4 hours of Hot stove and baseball talk today . The White Sox seem to be crumbling before the season starts with all the in-fighting going with the pitching staff and Burhle getting jagged around by Kenny the last few months and the Cubs are making news on a daily basis with Zombrano.. .

I'm not that big of a hockey fan but toss a little Hawk talk into the mix. Carmen and Harry try to bring up some baseball and Hawks and Silvy wants to go back fucken Bulls talk .

B&B had over an hour of intresting baseball talk and some NCAA hoops which I did enjoy. I even got a little warm and fuzzy when Murph talked Cubs today .

It's fine to sprinkle a little Bulls talk but 3 to 4 hours makes me want to puke in my mouth . Silvy feels the need to tell us how much he knows about the game of basketball. Well Silvy the show your filling in on does not talk Bulls basketball.

Tell me what you guys rather hear then ..Your the experts not me . :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Woodridge Ryan"]Stu, its February. That was about the dumbest criticism I've read on here in awhile.
[/quote]

That's why it's called an opinion there Big Shooter. I know you sticking up for your bitches there Ryan but when I have a thought (dumb or not) I'll share it with you. I can pick about 2100 of your 2300 posts and find stupidity laced posts but do I point that out to you ..Well sometimes.. :lol:

I have no problem with you guys calling me out on anything .. Were all big boy's and we can take it .I'ts just when dickheads like the guy yesterday wants to name-call and tell everyone how smart they are , that's when I can become an asshole.. I think you guys know me well enough to have a good debate and that's what I was doing .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
they've moved on though.....Doug Gottlieb was good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="doug - evergreen park"]they've moved on though.....Doug Gottlieb was good.
[/quote]

I left and went to Bulls pre-game. :lol: :lol: :P :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:26 pm 

Quote:
"Woodridge Ryan"
Stu, its February. That was about the dumbest criticism I've read on here in awhile.

Here he comes to save Silvy's day... NEVER criticize Marc Silverman in the presence of Woodridge Ryan!

Ryan, regarding your fantasy football non-prize, here's the person you need to speak to:

The Fixer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

I like the Bulls talk, and actually would like some more, maybe mix in some NBA talk.

Why ?

Because we're going to hear about Cubs/White Sox spring training over and over on every show for the next month. I hate spring training baseball, and we basically know the outlook of both teams. I like baseball/MLB talk like anyone else, but it's overdone. The Bulls are the only team playing real games in the city right now, let's talk about them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:37 am 

I don't listen when Mac is not there.

This was going to be a day off for him regardless of the snow. He said he would not be in studio the previous day.

Post subject: Re: What's worse ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
STU-GOTZ wrote:

Hey Mac!! Hear that ??? That's me punching the button . Let us know next time the weathers too bad for you to come in .I'll come by on my sled and pick ya up . :wink:

So I guess that B&B talking about Carlos Zambrano ad nauseum and making pirate voices and sounds was appointment radio huh Stu?

Post subject: Re: What's worse ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:30 am 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="spmack"]
STU-GOTZ wrote:

So I guess that B&B talking about Carlos Zambrano ad nauseum and making pirate voices and sounds was appointment radio huh Stu?

Not sure what your reffering to or where your going with this one Mack .. Help me out here ..

I flipped the station when the Bulls talk went a bit to long for me and B&B sucked me in with some solid debate over Zambrano comments on wanting new a contract before the season started and they broke down the Hendry comments over letting Zambrano play out the season .They took some good calls on the topic. Then they talked NCAA Hoops , which you will not hear on 1000.. I tuned back into ESPN around 5pm and the Bulls were still being talked about .

I understand the fact that a lot or some of you guys enjoy Bulls talk and believe me , I'm happy for you but my point is that Mac has his show set up in segments so not to pound a team , topic, players, coaches , dugouts for 4 hours. Silvy kept wanting to talk Bulls bucket and I did not want to hear about it for 2 or 3 hours , it's as simple as that . The other thing that bothers me when they talk Bulls is that "THEY" talk about it and don't really give the fans a chance to call in and discuss it . I could care-less about Silvermans opinions and 5 minute rants about Ben Wallace sitting on the bench for the last 30 seconds of the game .

Say what you will about B&B but they still have a good show and when things are slow on 1000 , they get my ear .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Sorry STU I think my dislike for B&B boiled over with that last response. It was so funny when the caller told Bernstein that he was making a mountain out of a mole hill with the Zambrano stuff, because I had said the same thing just a mere 5-10 sec earlier......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="spmack"]Sorry STU I think my dislike for B&B boiled over with that last response. It was so funny when the caller told Bernstein that he was making a mountain out of a mole hill with the Zambrano stuff, because I had said the same thing just a mere 5-10 sec earlier......
[/quote]

Come on Mack!! You should know sports radio is all about making mountains out of mole hills..

Perfect example is the Head football coach at Colorado who got a little loud at a press conference and now ESPN (Patrick and Greenie) feel the need to play the sound bite to try and stir up some trouble for the guy.It's pretty funny if someone can post it up it's worth a listen .

Mack, you should never be sorry for posting your opinion on this board. Like I said yesterday, a good debate never hurt anyone . Besides, this board is more entertaining than any of the sports shows in this town over the last two weeks .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:49 am 
1000 CLUB

http://media.odeo.com/7/7/5/0207hawkins.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:18 am 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
[/quote]

Funny stuff. I did not hear any wrong doing . I guess the only thing you can say is that he might of offended the kids who play intramural sports at CU . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Sorry Stu. It just seemed like a funny thing to rip on when it's February on they are the only Pro team that is playing right now that the general public hasn't given up on (unlike the 'Hawks). And I do somewhat agree when it comes to the Bulls. It does get a little old that Silvy has to make it known that he is going to talk Bulls as if he is saving the team and its relevancy in sports talk around town.

Last edited by Woodridge Ryan on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:52 am 

Quote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Come on Mack!! You should know sports radio is all about making mountains out of mole hills..

Stu that's true for all media outlets. 90% of the time that's all the media does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Ryan, regarding your fantasy football non-prize, here's the person you need to speak to:

The Fixer!

I don't really need to go that route. They aren't hiding the fact that I haven't gotten anything. They've been in communication with me about it and plan to resolve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
WheatonZack wrote:
Quote:
STU-GOTZ wrote:

Stu that's true for all media outlets. 90% of the time that's all the media does.

Yeah , just look at this Anna Nicole saga. People who are dead are cliaming to have banged this chick .

Trim-spa has a whole new meaning now. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:20 pm 

WR, there seems to be a trend. Doug G. yesterday was asking for the pizza s and c owe him.