It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Mac and Matty. Another tryout, second meeting for these 2, 5 years later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Prior to the onset of the Macpants debacle, I suggested that the old "Last Call" combo of Goff and drinky would make great co-hosts for Mac. I stand by this opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Thread idea!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Tall Midget wrote:
Prior to the onset of the Macpants debacle, I suggested that the old "Last Call" combo of Goff and drinky would make great co-hosts for Mac. I stand by this opinion.

Last Call? Good memories.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Let me ask this, on Friday shouldn't it be Goff and Abbatacola with Mac, since their breaking down Game 3 of Bulls-Pacers, along with Game 5 of Hawks-Canucks, instead of Oak Park Vandy. Have the guys that have made this their career and not once a year guy come in.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

Last Call - a solid effort by Ratt. Especially former Chicagoan Warren DeMartini's work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
reents wrote:
Let me ask this, on Friday shouldn't it be Goff and Abbatacola with Mac, since their breaking down Game 3 of Bulls-Pacers, along with Game 5 of Hawks-Canucks, instead of Oak Park Vandy. Have the guys that have made this their career and not once a year guy come in.

Good point. Not sure how all the "Oak Park Vandy" shit got started but it has to stop, it must stop. People on the station bust their asses to get air time or to climb that elusive and shaky ladder of radio only to have some clown come in off the street and get a spot on an established show. That would piss me off even if said clown was only a fill-in from time to time as it would still be BS in principle.

"Hey, I'm Mac! My fwends should be able to be on da' show!"

It's time for those over-worked, underpaid spirits who yearn to to break out and make it in that tough biz known as radio to put their collective feet down and tell Mac that they have had enough!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm overworked and underpaid and have had enough of your crap assed posts. I don't know how you got started but it has to stop, it must stop!

I think I'd like Mac Goff and drinky if Goff didn't talk the whole time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Spaulding wrote:
I'm overworked and underpaid and have had enough of your crap assed posts. I don't know how you got started but it has to stop, it must stop!

I think I'd like Mac Goff and drinky if Goff didn't talk the whole time.

I really liked Matty with Mac, Goff w/ anyone other than Bernsie is pretty solid, he just tends, as you stated, to try and pack every sec with 20 words....that and he needs to breath.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
SomeGuy wrote:
"Hey, I'm Mac! My fwends should be able to be on da' show!"

Mike North wrote:
Hey! Ya know what? Give credit where credit is due. I'm da guy dat started bringin' his frenz on da show. I even made Fritzy more famous den Miller beer could. Yeah, dat's right. Fritzy an' I go way back. I used to get drunk at Pelly's on Clark back in da day. I'm not sayin'. I'm jus' sayin'. I awso started da whole one black guy one white guy ting wit Jiggs. I'm a whatchamacallit- a innovationer. Yeah, dat's what I am. Now I'm innovatering on da Youtube. Maybe I'll have Fritzy on to insult Jews an' Arabs all in da same four an' a half minute clip.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

reents wrote:

Screw that noise. Vandy is just as entitled as Drinky and Goff. The Score hired them as producers, not on-air talent. Vandy's not taking their producer roles from them. Goff tried to kill Vandy but I guess he failed. If I were him, I'd not make any more snide comments about Vandy like he's done in the past. Mac has mellowed but he'll only take so much of that. He'll piss Mac off with that stuff and Mac will eliminate Goff from the show all together. Then Mac will have all of his Indiana buddies co host with him. It will be Highland Harry, Valparaiso Vinny and Gary Gary. I think producers should be more grateful that Mac does include them in the rotation instead of bitching about Vandy.

Mully and Hanley never ask for Goff. Daddy Bernstein doesn't want him to sub for Terry. Mac is the only one that will have him and I think he should appreciate that more.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:20 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Screw that noise. Vandy is just as entitled as Drinky and Goff.

You really think so?

Are you related to Mac?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jbi11s wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Screw that noise. Vandy is just as entitled as Drinky and Goff.

You really think so?

Are you related to Mac?

Actually he has a point. Its Mac's show. Why can't he pick who he wants to co-host? Why are Goff and Drinky "owed" anything by of all people Mac, they aren't even producers on his show. That being said and with all deference to Spaulding, I don't think OPV is really any good at radio but hey, the Score is full of guys who aren't yet are employed.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
After hearing them talk to Abbatacola, he will be at Wrigley tommorow, but should be another Score worker or just Goff and Mac.

Like Some guy put, if I was a SCORE worker trying to break in, and they bring in a friend of the host's to do it instead of me, I would be mad too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Score is the only radio station in this city that allows producers to be on the air. ESPN 1000 doesn't allow their producers air time. I don't think anybody knows who they are. So they shouldn't be pissed. They all should be grateful for whatever they get. Maybe if they spent more time trying to improve as radio hosts instead of bitching and crying about how they deserve more and have been wronged by the Score, they'd be better at radio.

They're lucky they have a weak, push-over boss like Mitch. Most radio GMs wouldn't put up with the behavior that Score backups exhibit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:57 pm 

Beardown wrote:
The Score is the only radio station in this city that allows producers to be on the air. ESPN 1000 doesn't allow their producers air time. I don't think anybody knows who they are. So they shouldn't be pissed. They all should be grateful for whatever they get. Maybe if they spent more time trying to improve as radio hosts instead of bitching and crying about how they deserve more and have been wronged by the Score, they'd be better at radio.

They're lucky they have a weak, push-over boss like Mitch. Most radio GMs wouldn't put up with the behavior that Score backups exhibit.

You really think Mac has the leverage he once had? He's spent the last 2 years busting on ESPN for anything he could think of. Where's he gonna go without the Score? Westwood one? Mac needs to stop the bravado act. It's mid 80's, mullet, and a denim jacket lame. That should be the title of his show.

Pushing for Spiegel? Terrible decision. No substantial basketball talk? Probably hurts the ratings for the 18-30 Demo (Among other things). Taking a vacation every time something big or depressing happens to one of his sports teams? Cowardly. Forcing your friend onto the radio? Mike North territory.

Please someone help me. When was Mac's last smart radio decision?

I really find it hard to believe so many people like this show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

The post you quoted of mine had nothing to do with Mac and his power. But yes, he still has some. It's clear he decided who subs on his show. He told us he fought for Goff and the fact that he's allowed to bring in Vandy shows that Mitch let's him do whatever he wants. Plus, as we discussed before, Mac hired Spiegel, not Mitch.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:04 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Actually he has a point. Its Mac's show. Why can't he pick who he wants to co-host? Why are Goff and Drinky "owed" anything by of all people Mac, they aren't even producers on his show. That being said and with all deference to Spaulding, I don't think OPV is really any good at radio but hey, the Score is full of guys who aren't yet are employed.

So mac runs the score? He decides who's on with him? Why does Mitch have a job then?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:06 pm 

Beardown wrote:
The post you quoted of mine had nothing to do with Mac and his power. But yes, he still has some. It's clear he decided who subs on his show. He told us he fought for Goff and the fact that he's allowed to bring in Vandy shows that Mitch let's him do whatever he wants. Plus, as we discussed before, Mac hired Spiegel, not Mitch.

Please continue to be a Mac apologist. Fight that uphill battle.

You guys make it sound like Mitch is some big pussy who can't say no to Mac. I don't think you understand the dynamic of boss and employee.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
While my Bob Vandington love is well documented, Mac should be allowed to choose who he wants if Mitch has given that right. If you want to say OPV sucks fine or his comment about something is stupid or whatever give the example. His criticism based on the premise of he's Mac's pal and doesn't deserve to be there is garbage IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:12 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Mac hired Spiegel, not Mitch.

How has this worked out for him?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I don't know. I never hear the show. I do know the last time Mitch made the decision on a show we got this.

Radio experts declared this to be the worst show in the history of radio. Mitch is more than happy to allow others to make the hires. He'll never live this one down.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:18 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
His criticism based on the premise of he's Mac's pal and doesn't deserve to be there is garbage IMO.

Idk Spaulding. I refuse to be mean to you, but c'mon. Is there any reason you like Vandy so much?

If Vandy was a journalist, or a columnist, or even the Vanderbilt football announcer then there is no problem. What is the guy's sports background? I get frustrated when I feel like I could be more informative and thought provoking than some random friend of Mac's who gets undeserved premium air time on a morning drive show.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:19 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I don't know. I never hear the show.

Go back to your hole dude. You just lost my attention.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 pm 

Mac has options besides sports talk. The Score is probably his best fit but he could easily fit in at another station.

There is also the move to a national network. If Spiegel could do it so could Mac.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
mac/vandy > mac/loho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Mac has options besides sports talk. The Score is probably his best fit but he could easily fit in at another station.

There is also the move to a national network. If Spiegel could do it so could Mac.

ehh i doubt that, mac knows very little about national sports..and hoops in general

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Mac has options besides sports talk.

IMO he's too lazy for any other type of radio show. I could be wrong. I'm just sick of the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You really think Mac has the leverage he once had? He's spent the last 2 years busting on ESPN for anything he could think of. Where's he gonna go without the Score? Westwood one? Mac needs to stop the bravado act. It's mid 80's, mullet, and a denim jacket lame. That should be the title of his show.

Pushing for Spiegel? Terrible decision. No substantial basketball talk? Probably hurts the ratings for the 18-30 Demo (Among other things). Taking a vacation every time something big or depressing happens to one of his sports teams? Cowardly. Forcing your friend onto the radio? Mike North territory.

Please someone help me. When was Mac's last smart radio decision?

I really find it hard to believe so many people like this show.

I thought I was the only one who realizes that Mac is the problem with the show. He was the problem with the show at ESPN for the last 11/2 years there. Mac is lazy and arrogant, a bad combo for an employee. Little wonder the contract talks aren't going to his satisfaction.

He really should get his ass canned again, it might be this year or next. He puts no effort into the show, especially the sports part.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Now that is funny shit- national? LMAO

:lol: :lol: :lol: