It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Crawford......SAYS NO!!!

Jason and the Goff Whisperer in for Meat.

Hawks and Bulls review.
Sox finally win.

Something else.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 am 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Radio off until 1:30 . As usual. I try not to listen to bad radio. It does not get much better then but at least they get my atttention from time to time. Mac is a boring waste of time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:35 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Scooter wrote:
Radio off until 1:30 . As usual. I try not to listen to bad radio. It does not get much better then but at least they get my atttention from time to time. Mac is a boring waste of time.

What you don't like guys in their 50's talking about smoking,beef and Led Zeppelin? Oh yeah,and what close friend they have seen naked?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:38 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Also discussed, the show pot has shrunk.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:45 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Crawford......SAYS NO!!!

Jason and the Goff Whisperer in for Meat.

Hawks and Bulls review.
Sox finally win.

Something else.

Bob Vandington?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:17 am 

Yep.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Will the return of the Iron Man be announced? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to find out when I can hear him again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 am 

Steakshorts is back on Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Did he really take a week off at the beginning of what could be the only 2 playoff appearances that Chicago Sports teams will have this year? Why the hell would you do THAT? Maybe yourmom knows. But dumb as hell.
This is another of those weeks where your "causal listener" is in for the one week or so a year that they listen to sports talk.
A massive Bulls showing in the first three games and a huge resurgence of the Blackhawks and he's gone and we've got fill ins. When Meat isn't renewed, there's gonna be a big ass I told You So coming from the board. Something tells me that although they have to grant PDO requests when they get them, they're still shaking their heads at the guy when he chooses the times he does.
I remember when we were installing an Avaya S8510 at a major call center in Lombard, we were displacing a big ol Nortel Option 81C. All you need to know is that these are big ass phone switches, capable of handling several thousand sets, so it was about a 5 week job to design, install and cut over.
We were all reassigned to this site temporarly to do design and install. The new system was to run side by side the old one. Design and install took 4 weeks, and the new system was basically up and running when the primary technician for the site told my management that he needed to take a week off to drive to LA to go to a family event that was happening the week that we were cutting over. Cut over day is big, I think we started on Friday at 5pm, went until 2am Sat, back at 8am Sat until about 1am Sun, then Sun from 11am to 6pm or so. The following Monday we all were to work the help desk to assist the customer the first couple working days of the new system.
Now he worked there for 5 years, had the vacation time. And he was granted it but the boss was pissed because this was a major installation, for a customer who bills over 10k a month, and it was HIS site, and he wasn't there to help "cut over" the new system because he had a vacation request.
The day after the cut, I was working the "help desk" (you dial HELP from your phone and it went to a couple phones we had set up in the switchroom for "day after support") the big boss here came into the room and told me that this was now my site, my customer. The old tech, vacation guy, was assigned to smaller Norstar systems, of which there was a combined monthly revenue of less that 3k for all systems.
When layoff time came 7 months later he was first to go. His sites weren't billing enough to "cover his nut" (if you'll pardon the expression).

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:39 am 

Darkside wrote:
Did he really take a week off at the beginning of what could be the only 2 playoff appearances that Chicago Sports teams will have this year? Why the hell would you do THAT?

I'm too hungover to read the bulk of the sinicalayptic post, but it is Passover...and it did start Monday...maybe he takes his religion more seriously than BurnStine and does whatever the fuck it is that hardcore Jews during the entire week of Passover.

There are a couple of people in my office that did the same thing, and I could theoretically ask them what they do, but I don't honestly care enough to engage anyone in a religious conversation...as it is, I'm convinced that Easter is all about zombies.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Did he really take a week off at the beginning of what could be the only 2 playoff appearances that Chicago Sports teams will have this year? Why the hell would you do THAT?

I'm too hungover to read the bulk of the sinicalayptic post, but it is Passover...and it did start Monday...maybe he takes his religion more seriously than BurnStine and does whatever the fuck it is that hardcore Jews during the entire week of Passover.

There are a couple of people in my office that did the same thing, and I could theoretically ask them what they do, but I don't honestly care enough to engage anyone in a religious conversation...as it is, I'm convinced that Easter is all about zombies.

Interesting. I guess I didn't realize Matt as Jewish and didn't connect the holiday to this week as I am pretty damn non religilious.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City

Last edited by Gloopan Kuratz on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:44 am 

Darkside wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Interesting. I guess I didn't realize Matt as Jewish and didn't connect the holiday to this week as I am pretty damn non religilious.

You need to listen to Pop and Squat with Meatpants and Seacrest a little more than...I think they even started referring to it as "Two Live Jews"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Darkside wrote:
Did he really take a week off at the beginning of what could be the only 2 playoff appearances that Chicago Sports teams will have this year? Why the hell would you do THAT? Maybe yourmom knows. But dumb as hell.
This is another of those weeks where your "causal listener" is in for the one week or so a year that they listen to sports talk.
A massive Bulls showing in the first three games and a huge resurgence of the Blackhawks and he's gone and we've got fill ins. When Meat isn't renewed, there's gonna be a big ass I told You So coming from the board. Something tells me that although they have to grant PDO requests when they get them, they're still shaking their heads at the guy when he chooses the times he does.
I remember when we were installing an Avaya S8510 at a major call center in Lombard, we were displacing a big ol Nortel Option 81C. All you need to know is that these are big ass phone switches, capable of handling several thousand sets, so it was about a 5 week job to design, install and cut over.
We were all reassigned to this site temporarly to do design and install. The new system was to run side by side the old one. Design and install took 4 weeks, and the new system was basically up and running when the primary technician for the site told my management that he needed to take a week off to drive to LA to go to a family event that was happening the week that we were cutting over. Cut over day is big, I think we started on Friday at 5pm, went until 2am Sat, back at 8am Sat until about 1am Sun, then Sun from 11am to 6pm or so. The following Monday we all were to work the help desk to assist the customer the first couple working days of the new system.
Now he worked there for 5 years, had the vacation time. And he was granted it but the boss was pissed because this was a major installation, for a customer who bills over 10k a month, and it was HIS site, and he wasn't there to help "cut over" the new system because he had a vacation request.
The day after the cut, I was working the "help desk" (you dial HELP from your phone and it went to a couple phones we had set up in the switchroom for "day after support") the big boss here came into the room and told me that this was now my site, my customer. The old tech, vacation guy, was assigned to smaller Norstar systems, of which there was a combined monthly revenue of less that 3k for all systems.
When layoff time came 7 months later he was first to go. His sites weren't billing enough to "cover his nut" (if you'll pardon the expression).

“Ok, I don’t like to gear my material to the audience but I’d like to make an exception because I was told that there is a convention of plumbers in San Francisco this week – I understand about 30 of them came down to the show tonight – so before I came out I worked-up a joke especially for the plumbers. Those of you who aren’t plumbers probably won’t get this and won’t think it’s funny, but I think those of you who are plumbers will really enjoy this…

“This lawn supervisor was out on a sprinkler maintenance job and he started working on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7″ gangly wrench. Just then, this little apprentice leaned over and said, “You can’t work on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7″ wrench.” Well this infuriated the supervisor, so he went and got Volume 14 of the Kinsley manual, and he reads to him and says, “The Langstrom 7″ wrench can be used with the Findlay sprocket.” Just then, the little apprentice leaned over and said, “It says sprocket not socket!”

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:45 am 

Ryan Braun didn't take the week off of work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Neither did Silvy.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:21 am 

spmack wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

Neither did Silvy.....

He's a poser J.ew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Even God doesn't want meatpants to be on the radio.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:29 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Even God doesn't want meatpants to be on the radio.

Agreed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Can someone refresh my memory? Why the fuck is Bob Vandington in the studio, and being allowed to speak?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:55 am 

A7X wrote:
Can someone refresh my memory? Why the fuck is Bob Vandington in the studio, and being allowed to speak?

Because he's willing to take a protein shot or two.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:56 am 

A7X wrote:

Because Spaulding has a crush on him

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:58 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Mmm Chip Porter good man mmm smells like Bacon. :lol:

I literally did a Danny Thomas spit take. Then I ordered his eggs. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:20 am 

Apple Pies are raining from the sky with this great trio on the radio!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:08 am 

So Spiegel is back on Monday, but doesn't Passover end on Monday at sundown?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:10 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Booooooooo!!! I will continue to hold out hope that he will take his 33rd vacation day of 2011 on Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:16 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
A7X wrote:

When I was listening he wasn't being allowed to speak because Jason had his big NBA mouth going full blast.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:51 am 

Darkside wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Maybe Tuesday? I thought he said Monday but I could be wrong.