It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Darkside wrote:
Did he really take a week off at the beginning of what could be the only 2 playoff appearances that Chicago Sports teams will have this year? Why the hell would you do THAT? Maybe yourmom knows. But dumb as hell.
This is another of those weeks where your "causal listener" is in for the one week or so a year that they listen to sports talk.
A massive Bulls showing in the first three games and a huge resurgence of the Blackhawks and he's gone and we've got fill ins. When Meat isn't renewed, there's gonna be a big ass I told You So coming from the board. Something tells me that although they have to grant PDO requests when they get them, they're still shaking their heads at the guy when he chooses the times he does.
I remember when we were installing an Avaya S8510 at a major call center in Lombard, we were displacing a big ol Nortel Option 81C. All you need to know is that these are big ass phone switches, capable of handling several thousand sets, so it was about a 5 week job to design, install and cut over.
We were all reassigned to this site temporarly to do design and install. The new system was to run side by side the old one. Design and install took 4 weeks, and the new system was basically up and running when the primary technician for the site told my management that he needed to take a week off to drive to LA to go to a family event that was happening the week that we were cutting over. Cut over day is big, I think we started on Friday at 5pm, went until 2am Sat, back at 8am Sat until about 1am Sun, then Sun from 11am to 6pm or so. The following Monday we all were to work the help desk to assist the customer the first couple working days of the new system.
Now he worked there for 5 years, had the vacation time. And he was granted it but the boss was pissed because this was a major installation, for a customer who bills over 10k a month, and it was HIS site, and he wasn't there to help "cut over" the new system because he had a vacation request.
The day after the cut, I was working the "help desk" (you dial HELP from your phone and it went to a couple phones we had set up in the switchroom for "day after support") the big boss here came into the room and told me that this was now my site, my customer. The old tech, vacation guy, was assigned to smaller Norstar systems, of which there was a combined monthly revenue of less that 3k for all systems.
When layoff time came 7 months later he was first to go. His sites weren't billing enough to "cover his nut" (if you'll pardon the expression).

This would be a lot more interesting if you stuck a couple characters named Lyin' Jerry and John the Beef in there and set it at Stella's instead of in a fuckin' phone room.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Darkside wrote:
Did he really take a week off at the beginning of what could be the only 2 playoff appearances that Chicago Sports teams will have this year? Why the hell would you do THAT? Maybe yourmom knows. But dumb as hell.
This is another of those weeks where your "causal listener" is in for the one week or so a year that they listen to sports talk.
A massive Bulls showing in the first three games and a huge resurgence of the Blackhawks and he's gone and we've got fill ins. When Meat isn't renewed, there's gonna be a big ass I told You So coming from the board. Something tells me that although they have to grant PDO requests when they get them, they're still shaking their heads at the guy when he chooses the times he does.
I remember when we were installing an Avaya S8510 at a major call center in Lombard, we were displacing a big ol Nortel Option 81C. All you need to know is that these are big ass phone switches, capable of handling several thousand sets, so it was about a 5 week job to design, install and cut over.
We were all reassigned to this site temporarly to do design and install. The new system was to run side by side the old one. Design and install took 4 weeks, and the new system was basically up and running when the primary technician for the site told my management that he needed to take a week off to drive to LA to go to a family event that was happening the week that we were cutting over. Cut over day is big, I think we started on Friday at 5pm, went until 2am Sat, back at 8am Sat until about 1am Sun, then Sun from 11am to 6pm or so. The following Monday we all were to work the help desk to assist the customer the first couple working days of the new system.
Now he worked there for 5 years, had the vacation time. And he was granted it but the boss was pissed because this was a major installation, for a customer who bills over 10k a month, and it was HIS site, and he wasn't there to help "cut over" the new system because he had a vacation request.
The day after the cut, I was working the "help desk" (you dial HELP from your phone and it went to a couple phones we had set up in the switchroom for "day after support") the big boss here came into the room and told me that this was now my site, my customer. The old tech, vacation guy, was assigned to smaller Norstar systems, of which there was a combined monthly revenue of less that 3k for all systems.
When layoff time came 7 months later he was first to go. His sites weren't billing enough to "cover his nut" (if you'll pardon the expression).

Why did you post this?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

Goff signing "Boozer" to the Hossa song.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So Spiegel is back on Monday, but doesn't Passover end on Monday at sundown?

Who knows?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:08 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
So Spiegel is back on Monday, but doesn't Passover end on Monday at sundown?

Who knows?
Happy Jews probably know.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Happy Jews probably know.

Oxymoron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I liked Vandy taking a shot at Scottie Pippen's mic skills. At least Pippen has done something to warrant being given the broadcasting role. All Bob Vandington has done is happen to know a guy on the radio who apparantly has enough stroke to get his friends air time. STFU! I like the Mac/Goff experience, but having the drinking buddy there was forced, and Pat Bob whatever the fuck his name is, felt like a third unnecessary wheel.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 pm 

A7X wrote:
I liked Vandy taking a shot at Scottie Pippen's mic skills. At least Pippen has done something to warrant being given the broadcasting role. All Bob Vandington has done is happen to know a guy on the radio who apparantly has enough stroke to get his friends air time. STFU! I like the Mac/Goff experience, but having the drinking buddy there was forced, and Pat Bob whatever the fuck his name is, felt like a third unnecessary wheel.

Like Teinowitz.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:33 pm 

Mac, Goff, and Vandy was quite dandy today! 8) Glad so many enjoyed it!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I hardly even heard this Vandy cat when I was listening. I heard lots of Goff and Mac and I thought I heard someone talking about the hawks game... Schuster??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm 

Way to much Hawk talk today. Had to go to Shade45 til B&B started. Vandy was worthless, and Goff talking hockey isn't entertaining. Hope the Hawks get worked Sunday so Mac can take his hockey talk somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
Apple Pies are raining from the sky with this great trio on the radio!

I thought todays show was exceptional. Goff and Vandy were very good. The 3-man weave worked well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
A7X wrote:

Like Teinowitz.

amen brotha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
3 man booth has never worked, and never will. ..but vandy still > loho and teinowitz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchinos
Ciminos
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I thought todays show was exceptional. Goff and Vandy were very good. The 3-man weave worked well.

See someone is making sure his texts get read.