It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:02 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
i have to assume macneil's contract goes at least as long as meatpants. spiegal was on the air today, so obviously he is still under contract and so is mac.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:02 pm 

i have to assume macneil's contract goes at least as long as meatpants. spiegal was on the air today, so obviously he is still under contract and so is mac.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Jbi11s wrote:
A7X wrote:
Say what you want about Mac, but I've never found him to be stupid. He's been is the business 25 years, and he's been around a lot of talented people. He's learned what to do, and more importantly what not to do. He'll sign a deal, and make a nice living in the business. He doesn't need me to defend him, and I'm really not trying to. He may have his shortcomings, but brains isn't one of them. To compare him to North is foolish. He'll be alright, and I'm guessing the Spiegel partnership is over, but who knows?

Can I get specific examples of his perceived intelligence. I've been listening to Mac on and off since the Saloon days, and never once has he distinguished himself as 'smart'. If he's just smarter than Mike North, that's not saying much at all.

If you're talking through the roof SAT score smart, I can't confirm that. I guess the phrase I should've used was business saavy. He came up watching how Coppock and Dahl did it. Those two knew how to network and have made a lot of friends in radio. When you are friends with guys like Larry Wert, Drew Hayes, Spaceball, and Greg Solk, you're probably always gonna have a place to land in Chicago media. Times have changed, and no one's gonna be pulling down million dollar contracts anymore. Radio is kind of dinosaur in this day and age. I'm just saying that knowing people like this ups the chance that Dan gets a gig somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

312player wrote:

It goes until middle of June. Doesn't mean he has to be on the air, look what ESPN did when they shit canned him. Paid him for months NOT to be on the air.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
He will be back, meat will be history. This negotiation is probably more about securing the afternoon slot than it is money.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:38 pm 
Jbi11s wrote:
Someone please!!! Give me a concrete example of Spada having inside info that isn't made up!!!!!!!!!!

FIFY

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
First In First Yanked?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 pm 

when mac talks about his 17 year old autistic kid, its hard not to sympathize. i know its not what mac wants people to think about, but i cant even imagine the stress it puts on his life and for that, i will always respect him. unless im making fun of him then its gloves off.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:41 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Someone please!!! Give me a concrete example of Mac being intelligent!!!!!!!!!!!

He is smart enough to have you posting about him. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:25 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
IkeSouth wrote:
when mac talks about his 17 year old autistic kid, its hard not to sympathize. i know its not what mac wants people to think about, but i cant even imagine the stress it puts on his life and for that, i will always respect him. unless im making fun of him then its gloves off.

The tales of taking the kid to Vegas to get a hooker to get him laid are very sensitive and touching.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
spadaesq1 wrote:
If cbs does not give in to macneils demands he might have to become become part of north entertainment network since espn only other sports outlet and not an option.

Does North's basement double as your law office?

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:58 am 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

The tales of taking the kid to Vegas to get a hooker to get him laid are very sensitive and touching.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm 

Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

As the father of 17 year old son in the autistic spectrum, I can say that I understand Mac's reasoning and will say that I too have considered the same course for my son.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Wanderer wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

As the father of 17 year old son in the autistic spectrum, I can say that I understand Mac's reasoning and will say that I too have considered the same course for my son.

Maybe they can make a Lifetime movie about your touching tale.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
i've been listening to mac since dahl let him do a "producers" show many years ago. i am not sure what it is but he has a good radio voice knows the biz and networks well. also dont under estimate that i bet he handles sponsors very well. its a biz ans he is his own biz and he is quite good at it. if not the score (though i am sure it will be) he will be on somewhere somehow.

lol maybe when dahl's cbs thing ends it will be steve and mackey?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
pittmike wrote:
i've been listening to mac since dahl let him do a "producers" show many years ago. i am not sure what it is but he has a good radio voice knows the biz and networks well. also dont under estimate that i bet he handles sponsors very well. its a biz ans he is his own biz and he is quite good at it. if not the score (though i am sure it will be) he will be on somewhere somehow.

lol maybe when dahl's cbs thing ends it will be steve and mackey?

Not edited by Elaine Benes. :P

I'm with ya Mike. Join me, Frank, Doug, Slappy and others in the Mac ALS! :drunken: :bom: woooey! Watch out for Gloop and SID!!!!

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:20 pm 

Wanderer wrote:
Gloopan Kuratz wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Odd. That seems like it would be a scene from a dark and depressing movie.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:08 am 

i think its awesome. obviously if mac is serious its because he knows his son still has those desires, but the reality is that he isnt capable of socially attracting a female. its not anybody's fault, its just mother natures cruel ways. what else is his son supposed to do? hang out at mental institutes and hope for the best?

from what ive heard, mac seems like an incredibly good father.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Gem City
A7X wrote:
If you're talking through the roof SAT score smart, I can't confirm that. I guess the phrase I should've used was business saavy. He came up watching how Coppock and Dahl did it. Those two knew how to network and have made a lot of friends in radio. When you are friends with guys like Larry Wert, Drew Hayes, Spaceball, and Greg Solk, you're probably always gonna have a place to land in Chicago media. Times have changed, and no one's gonna be pulling down million dollar contracts anymore. Radio is kind of dinosaur in this day and age. I'm just saying that knowing people like this ups the chance that Dan gets a gig somewhere.
Seems a bit odd to use Coppock and Dahl to illustrate your point. Coppock has practically been begging for a steady gig for the better part of a decade. Dahl has bounced around like a racketball the last several years, currently is heard only through a podcast and may opt for retirement rather than rejection when his contract runs out in July. :?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah, but Dahl's been around 33 years, and Coppock's been in Chicago almost as long. That's pretty impressive. I guess I was speaking more about their longevity as opposed to their current status. I also don't think podcasts should be dismissed. They may very well be the future of media along with the Internet.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
A7X wrote:
Yeah, but Dahl's been around 33 years, and Coppock's been in Chicago almost as long. That's pretty impressive. I guess I was speaking more about their longevity as opposed to their current status. I also don't think podcasts should be dismissed. They may very well be the future of media along with the Internet.

That's how Steve Dahl has been able to stay in the mix today by way of his daily podcast. No radio station today appears compatible with Dahl's style, let alone his big stomach or salary.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 pm 

SHARK wrote:
A7X wrote:

That's how Steve Dahl has been able to stay in the mix today by way of his daily podcast. No radio station today appears compatible with Dahl's style, let alone his big stomach or salary.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

SHARK wrote:
A7X wrote:

He's actually lost a shitload of weight, and looks pretty good. I listen to his podcast, and he still makes me laugh. He's better in his basement then he was on WCKG.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:39 pm 

A7X wrote:
SHARK wrote:
A7X wrote:

He's actually lost a shitload of weight, and looks pretty good. I listen to his podcast, and he still makes me laugh. He's better in his basement then he was on WCKG.

Does he still eat while broadcasting, have long stretches of dead air, and plug his shitty music?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
God I hated when he would eat while on the air! Smacking away and talking at the
same time annoying as hell.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Douchebag wrote:
A7X wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Does he still eat while broadcasting, have long stretches of dead air, and plug his shitty music?

Yeah Hawk Harrleson sucks

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:

I haven't heard him eat while broadcasting lately, the long stretches of dead air aren't there, and I haven't heard word one about his music. These were all things I hated about him the last 15 years or so. Of course he can pause the podcast to eat and piss. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
It's an hour every weekday at dahl.com. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

SHARK wrote:

Sometimes they even push it past the two hour mark. BITE BACK :D

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:

Sounds about as entertaining as the MNEN 30 minute 5 minute racist half hour or whatever the fuck it is that ass clown fucknugget does.