It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
SHARK wrote:
It's an hour every weekday at dahl.com. :wink:

Sounds about as entertaining as the MNEN 30 minute 5 minute racist half hour or whatever the fuck it is that ass clown fucknugget does.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Sounds about as entertaining as the MNEN 30 minute 5 minute racist half hour or whatever the fuck it is that ass clown fucknugget does.

It's a lot better than anything North can excrete out. To each his own though, I'm not here to rally listeners.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
A7X wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
SHARK wrote:

It's a lot better than anything North can excrete out. To each his own though, I'm not here to rally listeners.

I gave Dahl a shot around 10 years ago when he was doing afternoons on CKG. I would listen when I was out on service calls before MJH (back when they started at 3). He was just meh. Maybe it's because I was only 22 at the time, but I didn't see the attraction.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
I gave Dahl a shot around 10 years ago when he was doing afternoons on CKG. I would listen when I was out on service calls before MJH (back when they started at 3). He was just meh. Maybe it's because I was only 22 at the time, but I didn't see the attraction.

Yeah, you're probably a little young for Dahl. Guys like A7X, badrogue and I hit him at the right time. There's was nothing like him when he first hit Chicago. As he got older and he changed, his core audience was getting older and making the same kind of life changes. Somewhere in there he lost me. Now he's the cranky old guy that I'm trying my best not to be. I'm probably failing at it, but I certainly don't need to listen to another one on the radio everyday.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

sjboyd0137 wrote:

Yeah, it's a total generational thing. I'm older, and the shit he talks about appeals to me. I have a good friend that's 31, and he doesn't dig Dahl either. I'm just getting old, as are the people I grew up listening to. I'm just glad I'm still alive to hear it. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:18 am 

I started listening to Dahl when I was in 6th grade. The guy was every bit as good as Stern at his height. Then he rehabbed and wrapped his show around Dave Mc Bride and Joy Masada. It suddenly turned into a WGN level production...safe, old and boring. He got better again with Buzz but the magic just wasn't there.

I always hated aloha friday and the shitty hawaiian music he would play. Even worse was when he'd have some nondescript hawaiin singer in the studio for 2 hours on a friday.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:43 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
I started listening to Dahl when I was in 6th grade. The guy was every bit as good as Stern at his height. Then he rehabbed and wrapped his show around Dave Mc Bride and Joy Masada. It suddenly turned into a WGN level production...safe, old and boring. He got better again with Buzz but the magic just wasn't there.

I always hated aloha friday and the shitty hawaiian music he would play. Even worse was when he'd have some nondescript hawaiin singer in the studio for 2 hours on a friday.

Right! He always used to be strokin that Henry Kopono guy. Who fucking cares? I don't care about his band or his musical aspirations either, though I did like the old parody songs. The worst was around 1992, when they were in Hawaii. He decided he was gonna learn the steel guitar. :shock: He would spend half the show getting shitfaced and trying badly to play. No wonder Meier got the fuck out. The Masada/McBride period was the worst, and Wendy Snyder was brutal too.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: anqing
Say what you want about Mac, but I've never found him to be stupid. He's been is the business 25 years, and he's been around a lot of talented people. He's learned what to do, and more importantly what not to do.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Does Mac have enough "guy talk" stuff for a WGN slot?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

SundayForever wrote:
Say what you want about Mac, but I've never found him to be stupid. He's been is the business 25 years, and he's been around a lot of talented people. He's learned what to do, and more importantly what not to do.

First post. Welcome to the show!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:18 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
SundayForever wrote:

Thanks Finfer.

I don't think who a person knows is an indicator of intelligence.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Knowing and associating with the right people is a huge sign of intelligence, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Jbi11s wrote:
SundayForever wrote:

Thanks Finfer.

I don't think who a person knows is an indicator of intelligence.

That's not Finfer...he has his own login (Finji) that he can give his bad thoughts from :wink: