It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Spraying to all fields
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:34 pm 

I'll leave it out of the Bulls-Heat thread and do it here. Whenever the mood strikes. I'll have to go through some of the stuff I've seen written in several sections to refresh my memory. One thing I recall vividly is how sub=par the coverage was here on Harry's return and the day the Score did show flips. I was counting on some good analysis of Harry's first day since I was on in afternoons and didn't get to hear it. Instead I got a rehashing of opinions of Harry...another bash Elmhurst Steve pillow fight... and a ridiculously silly debate on race and the race card.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
You or your producer keeps putting him on the air. He belongs as the only caller to the MNEN, not a real show.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:39 pm 

Well, no one listens that show because it sucks. I'm not going to start listening because the worst person on that show came back from his "rehab". I'm sure you can podcast it somewhere.

As for Steve, well it sucks that an unapologetic racist(his words) like him gets treated differently here. If only there were some way to avoid such treatment.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:40 pm 

Steve's calls have a point. His political views, his thoughts on race relations, his personal life, do not interest me when I'm taking a caller. Or hiring a painter. Speaking of which.... wish everybody in the trades were as punctual, trustworthy and committed to doing a great job as ES is. If you're looking to have rooms painted...I'd contact the guy. He's good.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I dont listen to the show anymore as I really cant take Harry at all anymore. I have tuned in more since he was gone but I sure as hell wasn't going to get to a radio to listen to Harry apologize for something he should have been fired for.

As for Steve I would hire him but I'm pretty sure he just uses one color.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Mac I can't get 1000 down here, so what have you heard concerning his return? I can't imagine it was any groundbreaking stuff and he probably gave some tepid apology regarding his drinking problem.

I doubt it was even worth tuning into.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm 

Yeah, Boilermaker Rick I know the show's popularity has waned a bit. But I'm sure a lot of ears were on ESPN 1000 at 2:00 when Harry returned. I've had several text correspondences with him. He seems very clear minded and I am rooting for him. He's a friend. Has been for a long time. We just differed on a lot of show-related things.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:44 pm 

That's funny, Chris. I'll take some photos of the rooms he did and post 'em. Well.... have my oldest son post 'em when he has a few minutes later in the week. Hall of Fame room looks good. And yes, I've picked up the Nebraska helmet to complete the Big Ten collection.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Mac wrote:
Steve's calls have a point. His political views, his thoughts on race relations, his personal life, do not interest me when I'm taking a caller. Or hiring a painter. Speaking of which.... wish everybody in the trades were as punctual, trustworthy and committed to doing a great job as ES is. If you're looking to have rooms painted...I'd contact the guy. He's good.

But will he show me his team picture?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:47 pm 

You've got to stay for the game chat. Its going to be an event.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:48 pm 

I'll check in a few times during the game, Urlacher's Missing Neck. That's funny, Joe Orr Road.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Any talk about the next tailgate event?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:50 pm 

Mac wrote:
Fair enough. I understand you not wanting to take that into consideration. I think his calls are forgettable too but that's just me.

By the way, for as much crap as you are given on here about John Wall it's actually proven pretty meaningless to know anything about him. Kentucky wasn't a factor his year there and now he's stuck in the basketball wasteland of Washington. It's kind of funny.

Last edited by Brick on Sun May 15, 2011 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 pm 

Waiting to hear back from the White Sox on dates we've requested. Speaking of the WHite Sox.... the season is back on!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Mac wrote:
Fair enough. I understand you not wanting to take that into consideration. I think his calls are forgettable too but that's just me.

By the way, for as much crap as you are given on here about John Wall on here it's actually proven pretty meaningless to know anything about him. Kentucky wasn't a factor his year there and now he's stuck in the basketball wasteland of Washington. It's kind of funny.

They have sweet new Uni's....and that =championship

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Mac, the point you seem to be missing is that it's not derrick's job to entertain you. Interview a comedian if that's what you need. His job is to win basketball games and hopefully be the face of the franchise in a respectful way. He has by far exceeded expectations on both counts. Allen iverson was much more entertaining than Tim Duncan off the court. Be careful for whatever it is you seem to be wishing for

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hey Mac,
you're still a dumbfuck, as your column proved to the city.

Everyone is laughing at you for being such lazy, stupid hack. Just ask around in your industry.

BTW, how's that new contract going, big money coming soon? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:
Mac, the point you seem to be missing is that it's not derrick's job to entertain you. Interview a comedian if that's what you need. His job is to win basketball games and hopefully be the face of the franchise in a respectful way. He has by far exceeded expectations on both counts. Allen iverson was much more entertaining than Tim Duncan off the court. Be careful for whatever it is you seem to be wishing for

It's not Mac missing the point...its you missing his :wink:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Mac wrote:
Steve's calls have a point.

Maybe, but it's always the most obvious of points.

"You know, if the Cubs are going to turn things around, they need their big guys to start coming through." Genius!

"The Sox are having some troubles right now, but if they could just start winning some of these series, things will turn around." Insightful!

And as I said elsewhere, summing up every one of Steve's calls, "Sometimes the sky is blue, but there are times when it is not."

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:18 pm 

Killer V wrote:
Mac wrote:
Steve's calls have a point.

Maybe, but it's always the most obvious of points.

"You know, if the Cubs are going to turn things around, they need their big guys to start coming through." Genius!

"The Sox are having some troubles right now, but if they could just start winning some of these series, things will turn around." Insightful!

And as I said elsewhere, summing up every one of Steve's calls, "Sometimes the sky is blue, but there are times when it is not."

That is why they are terrible calls and shouldn't be on the air. He isn't giving interesting and insightful opinion, he is just rehashing the most general statements one can make about any team or game.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:31 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:
Hey Mac,
you're still a dumbfuck, as your column proved to the city.

Everyone is laughing at you for being such lazy, stupid hack. Just ask around in your industry.

BTW, how's that new contract going, big money coming soon? :lol: :lol: :lol:

you are the proverbial sound of one hand clapping.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

And you are the vision of someone with their head up their ass.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:35 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:

Burn!!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:37 pm 

Score is doomed wrote:

ladies and gentlemen, the genius that is...score is doomed.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:50 pm 

"Bridesmaids" wasn't that good. It's getting good reviews. I thought it was "The Hangover" for ladies. Kristen Wiig is one of the funniest women in America and she can't even help write a script that gives her a shot at what would be the first splash in her movie career. There's a fat chick in it who's real funny, though. Kind of the female Jurko.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
Hey Mac, I didn't comment on Harry's return, because quite honestly I haven't listened to 30 seconds of that show since you left it. Being a guy who has battled his demons for 28 years, I wish Harry nothing but the best in his recovery. It usually takes a serious, sometimes public, incident to get a person to hit rock bottom. I hope this was his bottom. That said, I have no interest in Harry's broadcasting career. I listen to the Danny Mac show pretty much daily, and I am not so critical of Spiegel as others here. That said, I like the show better when you're on with Jason. It's just my opinion, and I still listen to you with Matt. I've gotta tell you, I was a little taken aback the day you dropped the phrase "tard card" in relation to your son Patrick. I've always admired how you've talked publicly about the challenges of raising an autistic child. That term kind of felt like a slur to me, but I don't like the use of the word retarded when referring to a stupid person. Anyway, it's not my call when it comes to what's said between you and him. I also disagree with your opinion that this board is dying. I feel this place has really been on fire lately, and the people here aren't afraid to offer up constictive criticism.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Mac wrote:
"Bridesmaids" wasn't that good. It's getting good reviews. I thought it was "The Hangover" for ladies. Kristen Wiig is one of the funniest women in America and she can't even help write a script that gives her a shot at what would be the first splash in her movie career. There's a fat chick in it who's real funny, though. Kind of the female Jurko.

What ruins Kristen Wiig for me is that stupid Gilly sketch on SNL.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:54 pm 

Mac wrote:
"Bridesmaids" wasn't that good.

you are KIDDING me!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:54 pm 

SID, I knew when I was exactly IN 5th grade that I would someday write for the Chicago Tribune. It took me until I was 48, after a year and a half at the Sun-Times and many years at the NWI Times, to get there. When you were in 5th grade, you were still nursing.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Mac wrote:

What ruins Kristen Wiig for me is that stupid Gilly sketch on SNL.

Don't let that one piece of shit sketch ruin you on her. I think she's really talented.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next