It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I didn't listen at all today but from what I have read here it sounds like he was being a huge prick to goff for no reason. That type of behavior would lead me to believe he is out the door sooner than later.

I didn't hear that stuff either, but I'm getting the impression from what I read here that "NBA expert" Jason started big-timing anyone who was dumb enough to think the Bulls had the slightest chance against the Miami juggernaut and Spiegs fell into that category and perhaps took it personally?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
A few more weeks & the mistake that Mitch & Mac will be fixed.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I didn't listen at all today but from what I have read here it sounds like he was being a huge prick to goff for no reason. That type of behavior would lead me to believe he is out the door sooner than later.

I didn't hear that stuff either, but I'm getting the impression from what I read here that "NBA expert" Jason started big-timing anyone who was dumb enough to think the Bulls had the slightest chance against the Miami juggernaut and Spiegs fell into that category and perhaps took it personally?

That's what I took away from it.

Goff had his "Big Boy" pants on, knows Speigs is gone and just took it to anyone that disagreed with him. Goff smells the blood in the water and hammered an easy target...hmmm, sounds familiar. Did Goff try to spear Bernsie as well as I'm pretty sure he picked the Bulls.

Speigs took offense at NBA Expert/Bulls Insider: Jason Goff calling him a homer and such because he had the temerity, the arrogance, the non-NBA Insider credentials, to pick the Bulls in 7. I've listened to Speigs talk basketball and I've listend to Goff talk basketball and really there is no difference, I mean, come on. Plus, Bernsie has a greater knowledge of the game than either of them.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
SomeGuy wrote:
I've listened to Speigs talk basketball and I've listend to Goff talk basketball and really there is no difference, I mean, come on. Plus, Bernsie has a greater knowledge of the game than either of them.

Whenever I hear any of them talking hoops, the first thing that comes to mind is the girl editor in Almost Famous telling Ben Fong-Torres in a disgusted voice, "He's just some fan."

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
I've listened to Speigs talk basketball and I've listend to Goff talk basketball and really there is no difference, I mean, come on. Plus, Bernsie has a greater knowledge of the game than either of them.

Whenever I hear any of them talking hoops, the first thing that comes to mind is the girl editor in Almost Famous telling Ben Fong-Torres in a disgusted voice, "He's just some fan."

Yes. I always laugh when Speigs gets dinged for his NBA talk or some other host but, by and large, Goff is given some free pass even though his "analysis" isn't anything that a lot of other radio/newspaper people and Bernsie have already stated a thousand times.

What does Goff do, what does Goff have access too that makes him an Insider or Expert? He will make a good host when it becomes his time after the S.S. MeatPants is sent to the bottom.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 pm 

Scorehead wrote:
A few more weeks & the mistake that Mitch & Mac will be fixed.

Mac will be gone?! Hallelujah!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
At this point, I think both Jason and Spiegs need to be taken to task.
Jason complained about the twate (twitter hate) he received last night from Bulls fans. He was ticked off about dealing with people who were upset because he didn't pick the Heat. A fair point.
Goff went on to talk about the Heat -- and Bosh. Spiegs tried to call out Bosh (being soft) while Goff praised the former Raptors game -- bringing to light that Bosh is an NBA All-Star.
Jason got the train started off the track by hammering those who picked the Bulls to win the series. Spiegs interjected the regular-season record (3-0) -- which Goff accurately shot down (No LBJ in one game and the total point differential was 10 points -- I believe). Goff stated that the Heat and their postseason success was an unknown quantity. No prior history -- I agree. Unfortunately for Jason, he took the time to state that Bulls fans picking their team to were just meatballs.
That's when Matt took offense. The two jousted back and forth -- the Matt kept things rolling after Jason left, reading only anti-Goff messages even though the co-host said there were those who agreed with Jason. Matt seemed pretty whiny for the rest of the show.
Jason then misrepresented things on B and B, giving them the illusion that Bulls fans were just hating on Jason because he picked the Heat. When I listened to the show, Jason never brought up his meatballery-lumping statements about those who picked the Bulls.
Matt's correct that points can be raised to make an objective selection of the Bulls in the series -- he just needed to stop stating his displeasure after Goff was out of the studio.
Goff's correct about the Heat being somewhat of an unknown quantity -- they seem to be gelling quite well RIGHT NOW. He just needed bring out all of the elements of the conversation with B and B and not target Bulls fans just because of some twitter hate.