It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:43 pm 

So I think I heard on the way home tonight they are bringing in a canadian geek from manitoba to help the boys with their interviewing skills, we all know they need help but maybe we can save the station some money and offer our own advice. I'd hate to see the chicago radio station equivalent of Mac walking out of the room ala Roy Hobbs when he got disgusted at the hypnotist the NY Knights hired to help them with their slump

Interview 101 tips:

1) Always start your questions with "I know what you are going to say but......"
2) If the response is "I'm just fortunate I was born with the god given ability to...." immediately respond with "If you are going to read from a script, go to Hollywood and interview for Brokeback Mountain part 2, our show wants none of that"
3) All Cedric Benson interviews must involve a "some people think you should be playing more" jibe. This is what your canadian teacher will tell you is the opening of pandoras box of interviewing.
4) Any Tyrus Thomas interview must include a lead in, "you know before we begin, you know you aren't getting a paycheck for this..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:16 pm 

Start every interview off with "How ya feelin'? Alright?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:26 pm 

....that doggone right! I overlooked the real teacher we need here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:38 pm 

When someone is coming in, add in a really cheesy sound effect for a celebrity line...and then have the celebrity on the other line by some doofus who no one knows who he is...or bruce levine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Give a long winded gushing introduction of the guest. Build him up like he's a saint or royalty. Read his entire resume to your listeners. Then say...

"ladies and gentlemen Pistons assistant coach Brendon Sir."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:37 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Coach Crapowski wrote:
Quote:
Give a long winded gushing introduction of the guest. Build him up like he's a saint or royalty. Read his entire resume to your listeners. Then say...

"ladies and gentlemen Pistons assistant coach Brendon Sir."

A dope named Chester has made a career spanning a few decades doing just that. His gushing introductions also ooze with homoerotic undertones.

I think that was Beardown's joke, Coach. Chet became infamous for his frequent interviews with the "legendary" Brendan Suhr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:52 am 
1000 CLUB

If radio guys want to learn how to do good interviews they should just listen to old Howard Stern interviews. He can teach them more then this Canadian ESPN is bringing in.

Stern's the best. He has the ability to make the guest feel comfortable while asking them really offensive questions. When they are done they can't beleive they answered them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
In the case of Lilly, just shut the interview down early. Burning bridges isn't always a great idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I'm just saying, you never know when you're gonna want to talk to someone again. By no means am I advocating kissing up to someone, but there is a way to conduct a professional interview. If a guy sucks, just wrap up the segment. That goes for anyone, not just Ted Lilly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Quote:
Don't pull a Terry Boers by cordially ending the interview and then sh*tting all over the guy for the next week.

SOLID!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Did I miss something? I have no idea what any one is talking about in this thread. Did they have a bad interview with Lily?