It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parody Songs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Just so they can be taken out of the equation.

I don't think anyone loves them as they are suppossed to be witty rather than good. The issue is they are actually well done. "Who will stop the run" done to CCR, "Who will stop the rain", didn't entertain, but was to well done, thus no humor.

I expressed this to "Your Momma" at the event, so I am sure it was conveyed back as I have heard Spiegs say it on the air.

They are suppossed to be goofy, so when a good band does a good version of song, nothing goofy about the song.

Maybe time to lay down multiple vocal tracks? Jay Z, Nick S., etc.

So take it out of the hatred, all 3 minutes that they used every 3 weeks.

Post subject: Re: Parody Songs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Spiegs needs to rap more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:37 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
Spiegs needs to rap more.

See NOW that would be funny! With his Boozer "I GOT ONE" in the background.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 pm 

While some fans of this show are "tired" of all of the "this show SUCKS because of the parody songs!!!1!!!" talk, I'm tired of reading that it's only ______ minutes per week/month/year. Granted I haven't listened to this show in months, but I'll be damned if EVERY show I sampled way back when contained at least 1-2 songs (that were crafted in the metal shop early that morning)....furthermore, they TALK so much about the parody songs. What they should do. Who should sing what. What words they could swap. How good a song turned out. How bad a song turned out. How they will play it at the top of the hour. Read some texts/emails about the song just played. Hear it again the next day in an open/rejoin etc. Laugh about how bad it was. Talk about what the next version should be. Talk about how funny it is that many of the lyrics in a song from 3 months ago are no longer valid!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:40 pm 

I can't totally dismiss your opinions as you did state LOho is the worst of the bunch.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Take it out of the equation? What the hell? I hate when people take the worst thing out of the equation.
Hey, dismiss this season and the 2006 season and Hendry is a .620 winning % GM! #winning!
Nah man, I had to live thru '06. I have to live thu '11 so that shit counts on the records and so do the parody songs.
So phoey on you man.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
That's why they worked on MJH. Harry and Mac both singing/writing. Also, like I've said before, many of the listeners submissions were gold (DEP, favorite man things). Should go back to doing that, IMO.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:50 pm 

Eaglo Jeff wrote:
That's why they worked on MJH. Harry and Mac both singing/writing. Also, like I've said before, many of the listeners submissions were gold (DEP, favorite man things). Should go back to doing that, IMO.

It also has been acknowledged by Spiegs, so maybe the bitching paid off? Will you listen to Mac rapping?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
bigfan wrote:
Eaglo Jeff wrote:

It also has been acknowledged by Spiegs, so maybe the bitching paid off? Will you listen to Mac rapping?

I'd listen, but I also might be vomitting.

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:52 am 

bigfan wrote:
The issue is they are actually well done. "Who will stop the run" done to CCR, "Who will stop the rain", didn't entertain, but was to well done, thus no humor.
No. As I referenced, probably the best "parody song" in Dan McNeil history was the Nocioni song. I know he didn't write it but I still count it. That was both well done and good. It had lyrics that were funny and a good hook. The formula seems pretty simple now. Pick a name, such as Tony Campana and then find a song with a similar sound, such as Copa Cabana, and they are virtually done. This show is failing on the lyrics. You should be able to post the lyrics without the song and laugh. That's what makes it a parody song. Unfortunately, Spiegel's talent is "becoming" any group every made and he fails on writing interesting lyrics. If I wanted to listen to a well done version of Copa Cabana, I would listen to Copa Cabana by the original person and not some sort of slightly modified lyrics that aren't amusing and not sung as well but not terribly.

The quality of the production is not the issue. I think Spiegel is a talented musician. It's the content.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
bigfan wrote:
Just so they can be taken out of the equation.

I don't think anyone loves them as they are suppossed to be witty rather than good. The issue is they are actually well done. "Who will stop the run" done to CCR, "Who will stop the rain", didn't entertain, but was to well done, thus no humor.

I expressed this to "Your Momma" at the event, so I am sure it was conveyed back as I have heard Spiegs say it on the air.

They are suppossed to be goofy, so when a good band does a good version of song, nothing goofy about the song.

Maybe time to lay down multiple vocal tracks? Jay Z, Nick S., etc.

So take it out of the hatred, all 3 minutes that they used every 3 weeks.

i think i have only liked one of their songs out of the hundred i have heard ..the 12 days of bearsmas part 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
They all suck. Every single one.

They aren't as clever as they think they are. No one can sing. They are all horrible.

PTFB Stat.