It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
Well, Mackey thinks he's at his best when he doesn't give a shit. And nothing says I don't give a shit more than "McNeil and Spiegel"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:08 am 

Darkside wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
Honest question... why does everyone cite the Parody songs as a reason they don't listen? I think they are bad and I don't enjoy them, but isn't there like a max of 1 per week? That lasts for less than 2 minutes?

Good question. I think you underestimate how much they play them.
Better question: If they get consistant feedback in high volume that the Parody songs are a major turnoff....... why continue doing them?

It may be an untenable thought for some, but I think they get feedback from more sources than this board. More sources than this plus other message boards, for that matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
jimmypasta wrote:
I enjoy McNeil & Spiegs. I think meatpants does a fine job. He is also a Cubs fan which seems to be in short supply at 'SCR.

Jimmy, we think a lot alike. I had the same thoughts as you on M&H. This is by far my favorite show. I like that fact that Meatpants is hardcore baseball. Football is an easy sport to be good at because they only play once a week and you can soak up all the information easily. Having a strong baseball guy is important because of the lull when the football season ends. Both Mac and Spiegs are an easy listen because they don't hate on callers. They tend to be fun radio and that includes silly stuff like the parody songs. I get exhausted listening to B&B, and I think B&B waste a lot of their talent by being jerks to people.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:14 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The Nocioni song was done by a) written and performed by a listener and b) is probably the best "parody" song ever written.
So, not the best comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:25 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
The Nocioni song was done by a) written and performed by a listener and b) is probably the best "parody" song ever written.
So, not the best comparison.
I don't see why it matters that a listener wrote it. If anything, it shows just how bad songs like the Tony Campana song is because an unpaid listener was able to create something that was both well produced and well written and professional musician Spiegel replaced the words Copa Cabana and hit the studio. Your point seems to be that the production value is "too good" to make the parody songs work. The Nocioni song proves that to be incorrect and the fact that it was done by a guy who didn't get paid for it isn't a defense.

For the record, I believe that W_Z's submissions to MJH were also superior to a majority of the parody songs I've heard too both in terms of amusing lyrics and they still had a high quality to them so it's not just the Nocioni song.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Production value has nothing to do with it. All of songs were recorded essentially the same way and the sound quality is about the same. I'm not defending their parody songs...and some of mine are better too, damnit. If you think they are bad, awesome. I really don't care, because they don't bother me either way.

My point was that Spiegs can actually sing. Mac and Harry cannot....which is what made the MJH songs "better".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
I don't know if I've ever posted this, but Andres has actually seen the Nocioni song video on Youtube. I spoke with him on a Friday night in Cleveland and told him to google "Nocioni song". I saw him the following night and he said he watched it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Mac and Harry cannot....which is what made the MJH songs "better".

The Nocioni one was good, but I actually found the 'Give the ball to Thomas Jones' (Rainy Day Women) one sung by Harry the funniest.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.