It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Olde Silver Tavern, Manalapan, NJ [R.I.P.?]
Colonel Angus wrote:
In their own division, they can...stomp on the Jets (I'm sure Rex Ryan would get a hard on thinking about that).

Other than the opportunity for the Rex Ryan joke, I don't follow you here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
I think the Texans and Ravens will both make the playoffs but I can't see a scenario in which they make the super bowl, even with some luck.

I don't think anybody sees a situation in which 2 AFC teams make the SB.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Speaking of the Giants, they may be leading the NFC East now after their win over the Dolphins Sunday, but I'm not quite sold on New York. Their schedule is supposed to be awfully challenging down the stretch and have a trip to San Francisco after their road game in New England this weekend. OUCH!

@NE, @SF, PHI, @NO, GB, @DAL, WAS, @NYJ, DAL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Dave In Champaign wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Speaking of the Giants, they may be leading the NFC East now after their win over the Dolphins Sunday, but I'm not quite sold on New York. Their schedule is supposed to be awfully challenging down the stretch and have a trip to San Francisco after their road game in New England this weekend. OUCH!

@NE, @SF, PHI, @NO, GB, @DAL, WAS, @NYJ, DAL

That's what the Giants will be dealing down the stretch, Dave.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
If you want to start projecting playoffs and just going by what it looks now, the best seed to have in the NFC could be the 3 seed and right now would be the Saints. You get to play the 6th seed and there's like 8 teams fighting for that, then to San Francisco and what could be Green Bay.

If your the 4, get the Lions first and then on to Green Bay and just think if that's the Eagles, Eagles/Lions winner could go to Green Bay.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Dave In Champaign wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
In their own division, they can...stomp on the Jets (I'm sure Rex Ryan would get a hard on thinking about that).

Other than the opportunity for the Rex Ryan joke, I don't follow you here.

I do think that Buffalo can beat the Jets. Well see Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
reents wrote:
If you want to start projecting playoffs and just going by what it looks now, the best seed to have in the NFC could be the 3 seed and right now would be the Saints. You get to play the 6th seed and there's like 8 teams fighting for that, then to San Francisco and what could be Green Bay.

If your the 4, get the Lions first and then on to Green Bay and just think if that's the Eagles, Eagles/Lions winner could go to Green Bay.

I would think the 1 seed would be the best seed to get in the NFC.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:52 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
I do think that Buffalo can beat the Jets. Well see Sunday.

Agreed. My quibble was with the "stomp." Buffalo will likely run all over them, but the Jets' pass defense is good enough to forestall a stomping.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 am 

I realize ESPN has become a caricature of itself a long time ago, but the "NFL hot button topic of the week" is pretty funny. "Is Joe Flacco an elite QB?" Gotta wonder who's answering yes to that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I realize ESPN has become a caricature of itself a long time ago, but the "NFL hot button topic of the week" is pretty funny. "Is Joe Flacco an elite QB?" Gotta wonder who's answering yes to that.

Joe Flacco an elite QB? You've got to be bleeping me, even though his Ravens have won on the road when it mattered come playoff time. Flacco isn't elite, not even close!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:29 pm 

The Chiefs took an enormous step backwards today and really needed to win today if they want to win the division. Oakland continued to show they were done, and the Chargers lost again so it was a prime opportunity. San Diego might have another 8-8 division title this year.

I have no idea what to think about any of the teams in the AFC East.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I have no idea what to think about any of the teams in the AFC East.

Probably the same thing you thought at the beginning of the season. The Pats have the worst defense in the league and it'll hold their offense back from accomplishing anything past another division title and another early playoff exit. The Jets have a beastly defense but an inconsistent offense that will keep them from getting a home playoff game and may keep them out of the playoffs entirely. The Bills will be improved but lack the talent to make the playoffs. The Dolphins are a poorly constructed, poorly coached, utterly unwatchable shibacle. Business as usual if you ask me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 pm 

I still think the Bills will make the playoffs and the Jets won't.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:42 pm 

There is not one dominating team in the AFC West. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bolts won the division w/ an under .500 record. Kansas City has a shitty offense. San Diego, when they get a lead, cannot hold on to it. The Raiders aren't really that good, as they showed today by losing to the pathetic Broncos, who aren't even in the picture.

The South is Houston's to lose. Tennessee can't really keep up. Jacksonville and Indy are obviously out.

The North is the most interesting. The Bengals can get to the endzone. Pittsburgh can pull out wins, but need to step it up on offense. And Baltimore can stop anybody, but they have a little Chargers in them.

The East is a crapshoot, with an emphasis on crap. New England isn't anywhere near the dominant teams they were in the past decade. The Jets' offense doesn't get it done enough. And the Bills gave a very poor showing against a strong defense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

The schedule favors Buffalo, though not by much. I think Buffalo's way overrated, but today notwithstanding the Jets certainly haven't impressed anyone either.

Last edited by Dave In Champaign on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:47 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The schedule favors Buffalo, though not by much. I think Buffalo's a bit of a paper tiger, but today notwithstanding the Jets certainly haven't impressed anyone either.

I think Firzpatrick, Jackson, and the offense just had a bad day. The Jets defense finally played well against a good offense so they deserve credit for that, but I don't think today's outcome is indicative of how good the Jets are or how bad the Bills are.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:50 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I think Firzpatrick, Jackson, and the offense just had a bad day. The Jets defense finally played well against a good offense so they deserve credit for that, but I don't think today's outcome is indicative of how good the Jets are or how bad the Bills are.

The flipside being that the Bills offense sure seems to have a bad day anytime they play an above-average defense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:57 pm 

Dave In Champaign wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The flipside being that the Bills offense sure seems to have a bad day anytime they play an above-average defense.

Until today the Bills have scored more than the opposing teams average points allowed in every game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Until today the Bills have scored more than the opposing teams average points allowed in every game.

I don't know what this is supposed to prove. The Bills have a really good offense. That doesn't change the fact that they've played four games against good defenses (all of whom, if this is the direction you want to go, held Buffalo below their average PPG) and lost three of them.

It also doesn't change the fact that they only play two such defenses down the stretch, hence:

Dave In Champaign wrote:
The schedule favors Buffalo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:13 am 

Pittsburgh has lost two to the Ravens, putting them back in tie-breakers. This doesn't bode well for the former AFC Champs. God knows what they're going to do against the Bangles.

Both they and the Ravens still have to play them, back to back. The Steelers more than the Ravens need to sweep the Bangles, because I don't feel any of the three teams can go into the playoffs comfortable with what they've got if they don't win at least one season series against a rival. The Ravens already have that.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Baltimore loses next week @Seattle. They had a letdown after they dominated the Steelers in wk 1 against the Tits of Tennessee and after beating Houston in wk 6 against the Jags. Coming off a big win + Inconsistancy + Going NW = Epic Letdown.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
NSJ wrote:
Bengals - Contenders if they win two of next three (Titans, Steelers, Ravens)

One for one. In first 8 games they are 6-2. Schedule for next 8:

PITTSBURGH
at Baltimore
CLEVELAND
at Pittsburgh
HOUSTON
at St. Louis
ARIZONA
BALTIMORE

If they beat Cleveland, St. Louis, Arizona and one game among their other five, they'd end at 10-6. Is that good enough to get a wild card this year. Going 5-3 down the stretch puts them in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
The Bills are banged up on the OL. Once they get Bell back at LT, Levitre moves back inside and their run game returns.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:07 pm 

I wonder if the Raiders are once again pretenders after their home loss to the Broncos yesterday afternoon. Carson Palmer may have thrown 3 TD's in their 38-24 loss to Denver, but he threw 3 more interceptions. :oops: As it looks now, the Bengals may have already gotten the better end of the deal with Oakland, and Palmer's only played a half and a full game since the trade.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:11 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I wonder if the Raiders are once again pretenders after their home loss to the Broncos yesterday afternoon. Carson Palmer may have thrown 3 TD's in their 38-24 loss to Denver, but he threw 3 more interceptions. :oops: As it looks now, the Bengals may have already gotten the better end of the deal with Oakland, and Palmer's only played a half and a full game since the trade.

I believe the Raiders have cemented their position as a non-contender.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I believe the Raiders have cemented their position as a non-contender.

Especially now...By the way, they face the Chargers in the season premiere of NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football", FavreFan. I think San Diego's going to be in a foul mood after losing that game yesterday to the Packers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
SHARK wrote:
Especially now...By the way, they face the Chargers in the season premiere of NFL Network's "Thursday Night Football", FavreFan. I think San Diego's going to be in a foul mood after losing that game yesterday to the Packers.

im sure getting humiliated by KC put them in a foul mood last week. unfortunately for them, im not sure being in a foul mood equates to wins.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:36 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
SHARK wrote:

im sure getting humiliated by KC put them in a foul mood last week. unfortunately for them, im not sure being in a foul mood equates to wins.

That's true, Few Opinions. I think since "Thursday Night Football" began a few years ago, home teams tend to have the advantage. Besides, the AFC West sucks, no matter who's leading.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
NSJ wrote:
NSJ wrote:
Bengals - Contenders if they win two of next three (Titans, Steelers, Ravens)

One for one. In first 8 games they are 6-2. Schedule for next 8:

PITTSBURGH
at Baltimore
CLEVELAND
at Pittsburgh
HOUSTON
at St. Louis
ARIZONA
BALTIMORE

If they beat Cleveland, St. Louis, Arizona and one game among their other five, they'd end at 10-6. Is that good enough to get a wild card this year. Going 5-3 down the stretch puts them in.

I want to say yes, right now the competition for the Bengals is the Ravens, Steelers, Jets, and Patriots, 4 out of these 5 is making the playoffs. AFC West and South are sending 1 team a piece. The Bills have some tough games, that I think will knock them out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Speaking of pretenders.... It's not quite Rich Kotite, however, I see a giant head rising over the horizon ready to declare something about the 2011 Chicago Bears...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 am 

I think it's pretty clear the NFC WC will come down to the Lions, Falcons, and Bears now. I don't think Dallas and Philly will get back in it, although the Cowboys schedule is fairly easy.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next