It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:53 pm 

Zizou wrote:
I hope he goes all the way to the Super Bowl just for the collective head exploding amongst NFL pundits that it will cause.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Meet you at Arni's!
Zizou wrote:
I hope he goes all the way to the Super Bowl just for the collective head exploding amongst NFL pundits that it will cause.

But then, Skippy wins!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Houston Homer wrote:
Zizou wrote:

But then, Skippy wins!!! :shock:

Bayless got it right this time... He'll do that once ina while...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Pete's
It seems as if every time bernstein takes a hard stance on something, he's as wrong as one could possibly be. Adam Dunn, Juan Pierre, Tim Tebow. Even Tyler Hansbrough is a serviceable NBA player. If I were a Cub fan I'd start worrying about Theo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It seems as if every time bernstein takes a hard stance on something, he's as wrong as one could possibly be. Adam Dunn, Juan Pierre, Tim Tebow. Even Tyler Hansbrough is a serviceable NBA player. If I were a Cub fan I'd start worrying about Theo.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
What do all those people have in common?

That's right. Devotion to Jesus Christ.

It's obvious Jesus is superior to Moses.

Image Is much more intimidating than Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Pretty damn impressive.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It seems as if every time bernstein takes a hard stance on something, he's as wrong as one could possibly be.

The Bears don't need a backup QB. It doesn't matter. The season is over...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:54 am 

He's right about Rose, Cutler, and Peppers though

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Whatever. I'm a Tebow fan. I hope he becomes great.

From MMQB:

This game seemed different. Three or four times, Tebow threw over the Vikings' leaky (to put it mildly) cover-two zone, and he finished with a much better passing day (10 of 15 for 202 yards) than usual. "We had the opportunity to go downfield,'' he said. "I felt we did some good things in the passing game.''
Before I let Tebow go, I asked him if anyone after the game -- coaches, players, execs -- had said anything memorable to him. "Everybody was happy,'' he said, "but I'll tell you one thing that happened during the week that I remember ... ''
Good, I thought. John Fox, maybe, sidling up to him and saying something sportingly profound like, "Son, we're going to ride that left arm and those legs to the Super Bowl.''
" ... I had an opportunity to talk with a kid named Blake Appleton, from Florida, on Thursday. He's a leukemia patient who's just been moved to hospice. And after the game, when I was being interviewed on TV, I got to say his name. That's what I'm proud of today. I let him know people cared about him. I let him know God has a plan for him."
And that was the end of the Tebow interview. He had to rush to get on the bus to the airport. Except ...
"Have a good day, Mr. King. And God bless you."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Northside_Dan wrote:
Whatever. I'm a Tebow fan. I hope he becomes great.

From MMQB:

This game seemed different. Three or four times, Tebow threw over the Vikings' leaky (to put it mildly) cover-two zone, and he finished with a much better passing day (10 of 15 for 202 yards) than usual. "We had the opportunity to go downfield,'' he said. "I felt we did some good things in the passing game.''
Before I let Tebow go, I asked him if anyone after the game -- coaches, players, execs -- had said anything memorable to him. "Everybody was happy,'' he said, "but I'll tell you one thing that happened during the week that I remember ... ''
Good, I thought. John Fox, maybe, sidling up to him and saying something sportingly profound like, "Son, we're going to ride that left arm and those legs to the Super Bowl.''
" ... I had an opportunity to talk with a kid named Blake Appleton, from Florida, on Thursday. He's a leukemia patient who's just been moved to hospice. And after the game, when I was being interviewed on TV, I got to say his name. That's what I'm proud of today. I let him know people cared about him. I let him know God has a plan for him."
And that was the end of the Tebow interview. He had to rush to get on the bus to the airport. Except ...
"Have a good day, Mr. King. And God bless you."

What an awful person that Tim Tebow is. Shoving God and Jesus and Christianity down our collective throats!

Leave us alone, Tim!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm 

RT @jimrome: Tony Dungy told me Tebow can take Denver to a Super Bowl, but the organization will have to build around him

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Broncos are now 5-1 with him starting, he has a 8:1 TD:INT ratio and 5:1 TD:TO ratio. His passer rating is near 81, meaning he's within a couple points of QB's like Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez and ahead of QB's like Phillip Rivers, Andy Dalton, Mike Vick, Matt Cassel, Joe Flacco and Sam Bradford. He is accounting for around 200 yards of offense per game ...Teams are having a difficult time game planning for the spread option and Denver has the personnel to run it. The team's 3rd down conversion rate is up a bit and their TOP is up a lot since Tebow took over.

There's been one major difference in the team going from their 1-4 start to 5-1 in the last 6 and it's been Tim Tebow.

Forget the score or that he’s 6-1 on a team that was 1-4 before he took over. The reality is that his team is 7-5, could finish 10-6 and get into the playoffs, won that game without Von Miller, and Tebow had a solid day running AND throwing the ball.

The guy just knows how to win football games. Period. His team has bought in. His coaches have bought in. Their fans have bought in. Many of the analysts who’ve broken down what the Broncos are doing offensively have bought in.

How long are you going to remain this reluctant to admit that the guy is a good FOOTBALL PLAYER, regardless of position?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Food for thought or not.....BUT

Tebow already had the "horrible! he's been exposed!" game against the Raiders, right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:05 pm 

BD wrote:
How long are you going to remain this reluctant to admit that the guy is a good FOOTBALL PLAYER, regardless of position?
Who doesn't think he's a good football player? I think he could play at least 2 positions better than he plays QB. He probably could be a good long snapper too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
BD wrote:
Who doesn't think he's a good football player? I think he could play at least 2 positions better than he plays QB. He probably could be a good long snapper too.

As long as you keep ignoring the facts, I can understand how you come to your position.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 pm 

BD wrote:
As long as you keep ignoring the facts, I can understand how you come to your position.
What facts am I ignoring? Call me crazy, but I won't ever call a QB good or great if they are so bad at passing that it's literally a celebration when they break the 200 yard barrier for the first time in 7 games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Ban me
I think Tebow looks awful playing the QB position but he wins.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
HOVA wrote:

At the end of the day, thats really all that matters isn't it?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:02 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
HOVA wrote:

No, not really, because he isn't the reason they win.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
MattInTheCrown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
HOVA wrote:

So you're saying the Broncos would be 6 -1 with Hanie playing qb for them?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:14 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

In my mind, the interesting thing about the whole Tebow experience, and it has received little play, is how the Broncos coaching staff has effectively designed a game-plan around Tebow's "skills." Is Hanie better than Tebow? I don't think so. But, he's not a lot worse, IMO. It's been a real feat of coaching to design an offense around a guy who can't throw worth shit, but Fox's staff has managed it. Not to say the Denver offense is good by any stretch, but they've done about as good as one could do with what they have. The Bears, by contrast, have done nothing whatever to make the most of their shit QB.

Tebow sucks as a QB, and I don't believe he'll ever be worth a damn. But for this stretch of games, the Broncos game-plan has been excellent in exploiting his strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. It wouldn't take the Bears doing much with their defense for them to beat shitty teams despite a bad offense; the Broncos have simply adapted better than the Bears.

ETA: the Brocnos will get crushed against competent NFL teams, and Tebow will never be the type of QB who will lead a team to a championship, but this episode has shown what creative coaching can do in a league with so much parity, and a bit too much conservative wisdom.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Maybe. Recent history has plenty of example like this.

Orton was 6-0 with this same Denver team a few years ago. I don't know if they even won 6 more games over the next season and half.

People thought Matty Ice was going to be a top 5 QB by now.

Sam Bradford was projected to be an elite this time last year.

Fitzpatrick tricked Buffalo into getting a big contract because of half a season.

Mark Sanchez got to the title game two years in a row.

Josh Freeman was the flavor of the moment last year.

And on and on and on. This stint by Tebow proves nothing. Sample size way too small, and too many QB's regress in this league after winning early.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:45 am 

Let the healing liquid of Tim Jebus flow over and through you so that you may be freed from your inequities.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

MattInTheCrown wrote:
In my mind, the interesting thing about the whole Tebow experience, and it has received little play, is how the Broncos coaching staff has effectively designed a game-plan around Tebow's "skills." Is Hanie better than Tebow? I don't think so. But, he's not a lot worse, IMO. It's been a real feat of coaching to design an offense around a guy who can't throw worth shit, but Fox's staff has managed it. Not to say the Denver offense is good by any stretch, but they've done about as good as one could do with what they have. The Bears, by contrast, have done nothing whatever to make the most of their shit QB.

Tebow sucks as a QB, and I don't believe he'll ever be worth a damn. But for this stretch of games, the Broncos game-plan has been excellent in exploiting his strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. It wouldn't take the Bears doing much with their defense for them to beat shitty teams despite a bad offense; the Broncos have simply adapted better than the Bears.

ETA: the Brocnos will get crushed against competent NFL teams, and Tebow will never be the type of QB who will lead a team to a championship, but this episode has shown what creative coaching can do in a league with so much parity, and a bit too much conservative wisdom.

People who don't like him have the same arguments. He doesn't look good throwing the ball. He's inaccurate. His completion percentage is low, etc.

The reality is that they leave out the more important stats. He's 6-1 as a starter on a team that was 1-4 without him in the lineup, so he wins. He has more 4th quarter/OT winning drives than any other QB in the League in terms of percentage of games played, so he's clutch and you want the ball in his hand with the game on the line. The Broncos all of a sudden have the best rushing Offense in the NFL, demonstrating an ability to run the ball, control the clock, keep games close, and put the ball in Tebow's hands with the game on the line. The team has seen their 3rd down conversion percentage skyrocket, which is due to short yards to convert due to a running the ball and feature third and shorts with Tebow in the backfield, allowing them to keep drives alive, keep their Defense off the field, and keep the opposing Offense off the field. They've seen their time of possession skyrocket for many of the same reasons. And perhaps the #1 statistic for the guy? He has an 8:1 TD to TO ratio in the team's last 5 games. In other words, he doesn't turn the ball over.

So. Here is the recipe:

1. #1 Rushing Offense in the League with a QB who is arguably your best RB at the moment (mind you this team is missing their starting RB and for much of this run, was missing their #2 RB, as well)
2. Dominating Time of Possession
3. Have a very high 3rd down conversion percentage
4. DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER
5. Have a guy who is turning into one of the most clutch QB's in the NFL in just his first season as a starter, allowing the team to win close games (which they have a lot of as a run first/control clock style football team

What is so hard to figure out here? And why does this not equate to an outstanding football player? Because he doesn't stand in the pocket and fit your conventional wisdom of what a QB can do? How'd that work out for them when Orton was in the game?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I agree with a lot of what your wrote BD.

I think you can also make the argument that as much credit as the coaching staff deserves for their game planning with Tebow, they deserve just as much criticism for their plans with Orton.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:50 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I believe I heard this morning that Tebow has the best 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Way to go Timmy Trebuchet!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:12 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I believe I heard this morning that Tebow has the best 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL.
What happens the other 3 quarters?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
What happens the other 3 quarters?

Praying for 4th quarter divine intervention.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next