It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:35 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
So is the Bears.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Frank Coztansa wrote:
So is the Bears.

Agreed, but so is the Falcons, which is why the tiebreaker is important. The Bears have GB, Det, and SD which might be tough. Atlanta had NO twice, and Houston. Both teams should be easily favored in their other five games. Detroit has GB twice, SD, and Chicago, and should be favored in their other four games. Obviously this week's matchup is a big game, but I think it will largely depend on who takes care of business against the scrub teams.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I think it's pretty clear the NFC WC will come down to the Lions, Falcons, and Bears now. I don't think Dallas and Philly will get back in it, although the Cowboys schedule is fairly easy.

you could flip flop the saints and falcons here, because they still have to play each other twice.

philly is done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:32 pm 

W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I think it's pretty clear the NFC WC will come down to the Lions, Falcons, and Bears now. I don't think Dallas and Philly will get back in it, although the Cowboys schedule is fairly easy.

you could flip flop the saints and falcons here, because they still have to play each other twice.

philly is done.

I agree. We both know how inconsistent the Saints are but I think you'd agree they are a more talented team than Atlanta and should win the division. It'll be interesting to see how this weeks matchup plays out.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:43 pm 

of course they're more talented.

i have no idea what the saints'll bring against the falcons but if ivory can stay healthy they can balance the run much better. and that makes me feel better about picking them.

they should really approach this game like it's the NFC championship, though. a win here would be very big.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Even though they're coming off a win over the Seahawks at the "House that Jerry (Jones) Built", something tells me we haven't seen the last of the Cowboys by any means. They've got a biggie Sunday vs. the Bills in their 100,000+ seat stadium, big enough for Jim Nantz & Phil Simms to describe Sunday on the "NFL on CBS". Something tells me we haven't heard the last from Tony Romo and his inconsistent team with the blue star on their helmet...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
FavreFan wrote:

dallas is only two games back in the east - they are definitely still alive. they still have 2 games against the giants, and between now and their first meeting the giants have san fran, philly, new orleans and green bay, while dallas plays buffalo, washington, miami and arizona. it is entirely possible that dallas and NY could be within a game of each other or even tied by the time they meet. i hope not, but i am certainly concerned about it. it is way to early for "who's in and who's out" talk regarding the playoffs in my opinion, except for the blatantly obvious bottom-feeders.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:17 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

dallas is only two games back in the east - they are definitely still alive. they still have 2 games against the giants, and between now and their first meeting the giants have san fran, philly, new orleans and green bay, while dallas plays buffalo, washington, miami and arizona. it is entirely possible that dallas and NY could be within a game of each other or even tied by the time they meet. i hope not, but i am certainly concerned about it. it is way to early for "who's in and who's out" talk regarding the playoffs in my opinion, except for the blatantly obvious bottom-feeders.

Obvious Dallas is still alive but I don't think they will make the playoffs, which is what my post said. A few teams are still alive that I don't really think have much of a chance to make the playoffs - Oakland, Tampa, KC, Tennessee. I think Dallas is clearly worse than NY and Philly and would put them in that same category.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 pm 

Even though I'm not so sure the Cowboys get in, they are one of the teams Bear fans should keep an eye on. The Bears are NOT winning the NFC North, but with 3 big wins over the Falcons, Buccaneers & now Eagles, they have tiebreakers that could come in handy when trying to sort out the NFC Playoff puzzle at the end. Sunday's rematch with the Lions at Soldier Field is another such game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
FavreFan wrote:
man of few opinions wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Obvious Dallas is still alive but I don't think they will make the playoffs, which is what my post said. A few teams are still alive that I don't really think have much of a chance to make the playoffs - Oakland, Tampa, KC, Tennessee. I think Dallas is clearly worse than NY and Philly and would put them in that same category.

actually your post said you didnt think they would get "in it", which i construed as meaning the wildcard playoff chase based on the first part of your statement. they are still in the wild card chase, and even still in the division chase.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:15 pm 

Pretty much the same thing. Like I said, I don't think Dallas is a playoff contender. KC and Oakland are tied for first in their division but I don't give either much of a chance of making it. Dallas isn't even in that good of a position and I put them in the same group. Record-wise they are in the hunt but I don't think they have much of a chance.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
From ESPN playoff predictor . . .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Pretty much the same thing. Like I said, I don't think Dallas is a playoff contender. KC and Oakland are tied for first in their division but I don't give either much of a chance of making it. Dallas isn't even in that good of a position and I put them in the same group. Record-wise they are in the hunt but I don't think they have much of a chance.

The 'Boys still have 1 with the Eagles, plus 2 with the Giants down the stretch. They can still make it, but Tony Romo and Dallas have tended to self-destruct when the national spotlight is on them..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
The AFC west is so gawd awful that the raiders just clawed their way back in it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:57 pm 

Psycory wrote:
The AFC west is so gawd awful that the raiders just clawed their way back in it.

The Raiders are a first place team in the AFC West with their road win in San Diego last night, Psycory. Somewhere up in that luxury box in the sky, Al Davis is smiling...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:55 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Psycory wrote:

The Raiders are a first place team in the AFC West with their road win in San Diego last night, Psycory.

I think that's what he was getting at.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It's a really muddled race right now in both conferences. It's almost impossible to tell who's for real and who's gonna fall apart. These are the teams stuck in the middle that I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on. I'm sure this is going to end up wrong but I'm putting Green Bay, San Diego, New England, New Orleans, and San Francisco in the playoffs. If the Detroit wasnt the Lions I'd have them there too, but gotta see to believe with that team.

AFC
Raiders
Jets
Bills
Ravens
Bengals
Steelers
Titans
Texans

Im guessing the Texans will win the South, but they are underachieving yet again. I think it's really a toss up between them and the titans. I can't believe Tennessee didn't go get someone like Lloyd or Royal to replace Britt, considering the price tag. I think the Ravens and Steelers will both get in, but I'm alot less confident about the Steelers. They need to fix their defense and their offensive line is as bad as ever. I think the Jets will fade and the Bills grab that other wild card spot. Carson Palmer is hot garbage and it should be illegal to accept a first and 2nd rounder for him. The Bengals are a year or two away.

San Diego is out and Titans are holding on. Broncos are back in the chase.

I think one wild card will come from the AFC North and the other will come from between the Jets or another AFC North team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 pm 

The Pats, Texans, Steelers, Ravens are all almost certainly in. I was wrong about the Raiders. They are probably gonna be in as well. The Jets, Broncos, and Bengals are competing for the that 6th spot and it's tough to call right now. It wouldnt surprise me if any of the three made it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:59 pm 

Based on what I saw channel surfing yesterday morning, the Jets have to win out to punch another playoff ticket in the AFC, and their win over the slumping Bills yesterday may have sealed Buffalo's fate. The Bills' 5-2 start seems like a distant memory now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Pats, Texans, Steelers, Ravens are all almost certainly in. I was wrong about the Raiders. They are probably gonna be in as well. The Jets, Broncos, and Bengals are competing for the that 6th spot and it's tough to call right now. It wouldnt surprise me if any of the three made it.

Raiders next three are @Miami, @Green Bay and Detroit. Then they play KC and SD.

Broncos hold the tie-breaker over the Bengals. Bengals still have @Pitt and home to Baltimore on last day of season. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a make or break game for the Bengals.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:31 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Well, I guess you're a contender if you're in the playoff mix in the final week. Even more so, if you control your own destiny. If the Bengals win, they're in, but they're playing the Ravens. All Ravens losses have come on the road this year.

Ray Lewis wrote:
“This is a playoff game. The thing is, they're trying to get in and we're already in. We have to go finish what we started, what we've been working on the whole year. We know that we're playing for home-field advantage. We know how big that is, to come play in Baltimore. There is nothing else on our mind."

In typical fashion, Bengals fans sold out PBS, so it will be loud. 3:15 Kickoff.

Can the Bengals beat the Ravens?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:46 am 

the ravens, like the saints, have been a very different team on the road (although with the ravens it's inexplicable)...good luck with your bengals, NSJ.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:01 am 

I'm having a really hard time seeing anyone except the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Saints, or Packers playing in the Super Bowl.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
FavreFan wrote:
I'm having a really hard time seeing anyone except the Pats, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Saints, or Packers playing in the Super Bowl.

Very bold. :shock:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:16 am 

Darkside wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Very bold. :shock:

Clearly not, and I hate picking chalk, but I just can't see anyone else. Maybe the Lions.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:19 am 

the team nobody wants to see in the playoffs is the eagles...fortunately, they will not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
:lol: ..nobody is scared to play the eagles..infact teams would love to play a bad team like that. the eagles are a bad football team.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I just hope the Patriots actually put together 4 good quarters of football in their first playoff game. As long as they don't become another "one-and-done" mess, I'll be happy overall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:46 am 

312player wrote:
:lol: ..nobody is scared to play the eagles..infact teams would love to play a bad team like that. the eagles are a bad football team.

my post was dripping with sarcasm. i guess i should've included an emoticon.