It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Have your pencil & scorecards ready. With 33 bowl games right around the corner for college football's bowl season, ESPN, ABC & ESPN Radio have announced their talent lineups from the New Mexico Bowl through the BCS Championship Game.

ESPN/ABC's trio of Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit & Erin Andrews will provide the descriptions for the BCS Championship Game for the fifth straight year on the "Worldwide Leader's" many outlets. After calling the first 2 BCS Title Games on ESPN Radio, Brent, Kirk & Erin called the 2010 BCS Championship at the Rose Bowl on ABC as well as last year's BCS Championship Game in Glendale, AZ on ESPN. Reporter Tom Rinaldi will join Brent, Kirk & Erin on ESPN's call of the BCS Championship Game January 9th in New Orleans.

But wait...there's more. Brent, Kirk & Erin will also call ESPN's coverage of the Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO on January 2nd, while Tom works the sidelines of ESPN Radio's coverage of that same game with Dave Pasch & Chris Spielman painting the picture on the sports talk radio network.

Mike Tirico will also be very busy as well. Along with Jon Gruden & Ron Jaworski from "Monday Night Football" and sideline reporter Lisa Salters, they'll call the ESPN-produced call of the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day in Tampa on ABC. The four of them will also be in Miami for ESPN's call of the DISCOVER Orange Bowl on January 4th, while ESPN Radio has assigned Joe Tessitore, Rod Gilmore & Quint Kessenich to paint the picture from SunLife Stadium. Tirico will also be behind the mic for ESPN Radio's call of the BCS Championship Game January 9th at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mike will be joined by Todd Blackledge and Holly Rowe on the sidelines for ESPN Radio's call of the BCS Title Game. Got all that so far?

For those seeking the rest of the talent lineups for the other bowl games that'll be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks, you can find all of that here:

http://sportsmedianews.com/footballs-to ... -coverage/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
SHARK wrote:
But wait...there's more. Brent, Kirk & Erin will also call ESPN's coverage of the Rose Bowl Game Presented by VIZIO

Why should Brent, Kirk & Erin show up if VIZIO is going to be presenting ESPN's coverage of the Rose Bowl Game? Seems redundant. Are they working for VIZIO now? I hadn't reports of that from the World Wide Leader.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:27 pm 

It seems tacky, but VIZIO is the presenting sponsor of the Rose Bowl game that Brent, Kirk & Erin will call on ESPN January 2nd. For what it's worth, I have a 37" VIZIO HDTV myself and they sponsor a lot of ESPN's HD programming.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
I heard this last night and did some checking and it's true, that Joe Tessitroe and Rod Gilmore are doing the Capitol One Bowl.

This is when you know ESPN has too many bowls, what you think of the crew doesn't matter, in my opinoin, how can you have a crew that mostly does your Friday Night Games, which is not the big teams, mostly Boise State and Big East, get a to do a big time game, like a New Year's day bowl.

I would have put the Spielman team at that game, since they usually get the early Saturday game during the season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
You know what has been awesome about every bowl game I have watched so far? No douchebag Craig James!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:52 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
You know what has been awesome about every bowl game I have watched so far? No douchebag Craig James!!!

Even before Craig James announced plans to run for the vacant U.S. Senate seat in Texas, UMN, there's been talk that ESPN was going to tell Craig to get lost for quite sometime. Check out the following:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/espn-was- ... pril-29937

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
With the Orange Bowl having the Monday Night crew doing the game, is that Gruden's last game, been some talk he's looking more and more at getting back to coaching.