It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Giants weren't lucky.

They beat Green Bay's ass.

Correct.

Matt Flynn thinks Rodgers sucks.

Ok, I'm done.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Giants weren't lucky.

Unfortunately.

I hate you.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Giants weren't lucky.

Unfortunately.

I hate you.

Sorry.

I was pointing out the fallacy in sinicalypse's statement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
look, go back and read what i wrote before cuz i don't want to end up backed in a corner saying the same things over and over and over again, which i now realize i'm very likely to do since i'm not joining in the popular refrain of THE PACKERS SUCK!!! HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!

the giants consistently had broken plays/whiffs by the packers defense and fumbles setting up a sometimes-ridiculously short field and they cashed in on their opportunities, you have to give them that, but this whole myth that the giants came out and "played their game" and "punched the packers in the mouth" and all this PACKERS GOT WHOOPED stuff is just horseshit... the packers laid a fucking egg today they wanted to get beat they wanted to hand the game to the fucking giants and they indeed gave the game to the fucking giants... it's all on the packers.

remember the 2nd bears/lions game this year, the won where they won like 37-10 or something?!?! that wasn't hte bears coming out and just 100% dominating the shit out of the lions... that was a lions team that wanted to lose that day and desperately tried to give the bears the football game, and when the bears obliged it was a mere fait accompli that the asskicking happened. i'm damn sure i'd have more people jump up to disagree with me for the bears one than the packers one... but i was at that game watching it with hyperfocus and whatnot... and i'm tellin you, there must have been like ~20+ times i just belted out a "DUMBASS LIONS!!!!!" and thats exactly what it was like today with the packers, as i kept yelling DUMBASS PACKERS!!!! at my television.

so i know, when you want one team to win or another one to lose, you have to go and distort reality to suit your narrative so it works out the best to prop up whatever your agenda is.... but there's clearly games where teams go out and WIN football games and there's other games where teams go out and LOSE/GIVE-AWAY football games... and today's packers game was one where the packers fucking gift-wrapped a very easy win for the giants... it wasn't the giants playing all OMFG great and kicking the shit out of the packers... they just took what GB gave them. nothing spectacular in my humble/correct opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:36 pm 

oh wait i completely forgot about the hail mary TD?!?! hahahahahah

TD #1 ) 10 yd pass to nicks, flagrantly missed tackle leads to broken play TD. this is on the packers for not making a routine play.

TD #2 ) hail mary to nicks. he ran i nthe middle of a bunch of packers jumped up and caught it. again, this is on the packers for not making a play you "have to make" --- did anyone credit tyler plinko and dexter mccluster 100% when the bears fucked up the same thing vs the chiefs? it was on the bears. but since it's the giants, WAY TO PUNCH GREEN BAY IN THE MOUTH GUYS!!!!

TD #3 ) starting the drive @ the GB 5yd line after a GB fumble, eli completes a 5yd pass to mario manningham for a TD. he converted on an opportunity like he should.

TD #4) after the packers couldn't cover the giants to stop a 1st down when they needed it, the packers defense gives up and the giants bust two big counter runs for an easy walk-in TD. the packers defense had given up cuz the game was over, hence my proclamation that the packers went out like bitches.

look, if eli led the giants dpown the field on numerous touchdown drives and whatnot, then i'd give you that the giants "kicked the packers" asses.... but eli really "led" this team down the field for 3 FGs, combine that with the 3 flukey touchdown and the fourth town that was an ! point, and you're led to a conclusion that green bay handed the giants a fuckin win as opposed to the giants being some asskicking force of nature!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:49 pm 

Aaron Rodgers: “We got beat by a better team tonight”
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2012, 8:45 PM EST
Divisional Playoffs - New York Giants v Green Bay Packers Getty Images

Packers coach Mike McCarthy and quarterback Aaron Rodgers went to the podium after their playoff loss to the Giants and offered no excuses, saying simply that the Giants played better than the Packers and deserved to win.

“We got beat by a team better tonight,” Rodgers said. “That’s the reality of this league. It’s tough. Didn’t think it was going to end tonight.”

The Packers didn’t look on Sunday evening like the same team we saw during the 2011 regular season, and as a result their season has come to an end, and McCarthy looked a little shocked — and looked like he hadn’t quite digested what had just happened to his team.

“We didn’t play to our identity,” McCarthy said. “No excuses. We practiced well. I thought Wednesday’s practice was as good a practice as we’ve had. We had padded practices during the open week, padded practice this week. There was nothing in the preparation that led me to think this was going to occur today.”

Both McCarthy and Rodgers cited turnovers (the Packers had four, the Giants had one) as a major reason for the loss. And Rodgers said he was disappointed that the Packers turned in what may have been their worst game in their biggest game.

“This team, organization, fan base expects championships,” Rodgers said. “We had a championship-caliber regular season. We didn’t play well today.”

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 pm 

:(

The Packers were awful today, the best team won today. Very disappointing finish, to what a lot of fans thought was going to be a magical season. Lots of work to be done in the offseason, but it is good to know that a lot of pieces are in tact.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
[ This season was a disappointment, but let's not act like he won't be back.

The lament of the young man. Tomorrow is promised to no one

Last edited by good dolphin on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:54 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers: “We got beat by a better team tonight”
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2012, 8:45 PM EST
Divisional Playoffs - New York Giants v Green Bay Packers Getty Images

“We got beat by a team better tonight,” Rodgers said.

whoever wrote this story buried the lead, or absolutely butchered Rodgers' quote one way or another. if aa-rod actually said it exactly as it's quoted in boldface up there, then he's saying they got beat by a team who played better tonight. that i'll give you... but there's no way in hell that you or anyone should think the giants are overall a better team than the packers... that's bonafide #comeonson.... the packers were a legit 15-1 this year, they just absolutely shit the bed and, as i said earlier much like the lions did to the bears one week b4 our season ended, went out there and str8up HANDED the game to the giants, who were nice enough to oblige the packers and take a bonafide shao-khan ALL TOO EASY victory.

no matter what, the green bay packers went out like bitches today.
Les Grobstein wrote:
period. end paragraph.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:04 pm 

Your faults get exposed and magnified in the playoffs. The Packers had an ugly D this year. I cannot remember their WR being this bad though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:19 pm 

while it'd be really easy to blame greg jennings' late season injury for fucking him up and helping to cause his relative-invisibility today, there was a key play late where jennings was wide open down the field and aa-rod didn't get him the ball.

the aaron rodgers anti-deification society will be out in full force tomorrow.... there were a bunch of throws that he didn't make that he should have made... the most egregious one was on a third down where nobody was within like ~7 yards of jermichael finley and rodgers missed him so bad that he could only lay out to get one and a half hands on the ball.

noteworthy was packers radio getting all over jermichael finley like "you gotta catch that" even tho i think it was mccallum saying "well that was a bad throw" but wayne larrivee quickly insisted that jermichael caught balls like that all year. so yeah, the aaron rodgers ALS has members planted inside the green bay packers broadcast booth, cuz like, it can't be His fault, you know?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:57 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
[ This season was a disappointment, but let's not act like he won't be back.

The lament of the young man. Tomorrow is promised to no one

So true GD. We all (Packer Nation) assumed Favre would be back in the Super Bowl after Terrell Davis was allowed to score in 1998. The team had a franchise QB at the age of 28. We were set for many years of repeated success.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:03 am 

Let's all hope history repeats itself.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:37 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Even in this era of high flying offense that is pass oriented, the team with the best offense & the worst defense in the NFL, (Packers), lost to the team that is playing the best defense right now (Giants)...& the team with the 2nd best offense (Saints), lost to the team with the best defense (Niners). When it mattered, the better defense won.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:46 am 

The Patriots had the second worst defense in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:48 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
The Patriots had the second worst defense in the NFL.

Correct.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:49 am 

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Thank you.

You're very welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
The potential of a Patriots/Giants Super Bowl rematch both excites me and scares the hell out of me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:38 am 

Who would have thought that Alex Smith would outplay Drew Brees, & Eli Manning would outplay Aaron Rodgers?
The better defensive teams won.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:42 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Who would have thought that Alex Smith would outplay Drew Brees, & Eli Manning would outplay Aaron Rodgers?
The better defensive teams won.

While not necessarily playing good defense. 49ers couldn't get a stop in the 4th quarter and relied on the offense to win.

Giants won because of Eli Manning.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:54 am 

Eli Manning will win more Super Bowls than his Brother Peyton. Unless the Colts release Peyton before he is due a $28 Million bonus & the Niners sign him, in which case Peyton could win another 1 or 2 championships.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:11 am 

Scorehead wrote:
Eli Manning will win more Super Bowls than his Brother Peyton. Unless the Colts release Peyton before he is due a $28 Million bonus & the Niners sign him, in which case Peyton could win another 1 or 2 championships.

Take it easy man.

Things change rather quickly in the NFL. They better make the most of this oppurtunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Terry's Peeps wrote:
w_z is not gonna be happy with Greg Williams.

Greg Williams on to St Louis to coach their defense now, imagine the Saints didn't do much to stop the move.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
reents wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
w_z is not gonna be happy with Greg Williams.

Greg Williams on to St Louis to coach their defense now, imagine the Saints didn't do much to stop the move.

I heard they packed his bags, put his current home on the market, and found a nice place not far from the stadium in St. Louis for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
reents wrote:

The Saints haven't done much to stop anything lately.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Scorehead wrote:

Take it easy man.

Things change rather quickly in the NFL. They better make the most of this oppurtunity.

:lol: you do realize who you are talking to

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Frank Coztansa wrote:
reents wrote:

The Saints haven't done much to stop anything lately.

2 Hanleys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Terry's Peeps wrote:

eli played a fine game last night, and he certainly made the plays when he had to, but here is what i think truly won the game for them though - pass coverage. What i noticed and commented on throughout the game was that when he had the time, he never was able to go downfield, and I mean NEVER. did he complete any passes 20+? did he even attempt any? the one pass to Jennings in the end zone comes to mind. rodgers spent a lot of time looking for receivers, and then checking down or running. thats a win for the giants. they took away down the field and forced green bay to have to complete 5 or 6 passes and make 5 or 6 first downs in order to drive down the field to score, and green bay couldnt do it. rodgers wanted to go up top, but he had no opportunities. all the drops just were a welcome addition as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:27 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

eli played a fine game last night, and he certainly made the plays when he had to, but here is what i think truly won the game for them though - pass coverage. What i noticed and commented on throughout the game was that when he had the time, he never was able to go downfield, and I mean NEVER. did he complete any passes 20+? did he even attempt any? the one pass to Jennings in the end zone comes to mind. rodgers spent a lot of time looking for receivers, and then checking down or running. thats a win for the giants. they took away down the field and forced green bay to have to complete 5 or 6 passes and make 5 or 6 first downs in order to drive down the field to score, and green bay couldnt do it. rodgers wanted to go up top, but he had no opportunities. all the drops just were a welcome addition as well.

Well said. The Giants defense held the Packers to their lowest # of points scored other than the 19 that the Chiefs allowed. No team can win with the worst defense in the NFL.
The 2 hottest defenses won, & the top 2 QB's lost. Old school...winning!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next